Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
And you try to deflect my question, did you not want to talk about where Clinton gets her money? I don't care where Cruz or Kasich get their money because they are Republicans. I expect their money to come from Wall Street and big oil, that is why I don't vote for them.

If you don't want to talk about Clinton's campaign financing, just say so rather than waste my time with silly deflections. I can understand why it would be a topic you wouldn't want to discuss because you probably can't admit to yourself that Hillary works for Wall Street, not the American people.
I don't give a rat you-know-what where she gets her money this cycle AS LONG AS she can compete with the Republicans.

IF CU is overturned AND we can get all corporate money out of politics - then I'll play the purity game.

Until then, I want my candidate to have it all. No nuclear disarmament until the other side disarms as well. It's ain't just about Bernie - as he would have you believe.

Bernie has benefited from the fossil fuel employees as well; lets not forget. The Republicans have a anti-Hillary PAC which is also GREATLY benefitting him AND the took the DNC money.

No one has clean hands here so let's not pretend they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 11:30 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't give a rat you-know-what where she gets her money this cycle AS LONG AS she can compete with the Republicans.

IF CU is overturned AND we can get all corporate money out of politics - then I'll play the purity game.

Until then, I want my candidate to have it all. No nuclear disarmament until the other side disarms as well. It's ain't just about Bernie - as he would have you believe.

Bernie has benefited from the fossil fuel employees as well; lets not forget. The Republicans have a anti-Hillary PAC which is also GREATLY benefitting him AND the took the DNC money.

Then we'll never have an election or candidates representing the people.

If Citizens United isn't overturned, those who have the power to buy the most will, and they will have candidates who support them at our expense.

Accepting funds from an individual person is not the same thing as accepting them from lobbyists.

The issue isn't just about money, it's about who is represented.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Then we'll never have an election or candidates representing the people.

If Citizens United isn't overturned, those who have the power to buy the most will, and they will have candidates who support them at our expense.

Accepting funds from an individual person is not the same thing as accepting them from lobbyists.

The issue isn't just about money, it's about who is represented.
Obama Democrats have been trying to get Citizens United overturned. This is not a new issue to most of us.

Unfortunately, it's not just up to the Democrats or it would have been overturned long ago.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:36 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
Obama Democrats have been trying to get Citizens United overturned. This is not a new issue to most of us.

Unfortunately, it's not just up to the Democrats or it would have been overturned long ago.
Define "trying". Does CU benefit the private Democratic Party? Yes-or no?

If it does why would they "try" to overturn it? Seems that they give the illusion to people like you that they are "trying".

In a two-party system one of the parties always has to be "seen" as the "lesser of two evils" but the lesser evil then just becomes a conduit to the greater evil.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:47 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:

Yes, I can see you are willing to overlook all her flaws in hopes of winning, but also be honest with yourself, voting for Hillary is the same as voting for a Wall Street insider, and nothing on how Wall Street is regulated is going to change.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Define "trying". Does CU benefit the private Democratic Party? Yes-or no?

If it does why would they "try" to overturn it? Seems that they give the illusion to people like you that they are "trying".

In a two-party system one of the parties always has to be "seen" as the "lesser of two evils" but the lesser evil then just becomes a conduit to the greater evil.
You are entitled to your opinion. Republicans have blocked several attempts at overturning CU.

Have you never been solicited by the Democratic party with regard to Citizens United????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Yes, I can see you are willing to overlook all her flaws in hopes of winning, but also be honest with yourself, voting for Hillary is the same as voting for a Wall Street insider, and nothing on how Wall Street is regulated is going to change.
Obama has passed some hated wall street regulations and he, also, was the recipient of their donations. So, NO, I don't buy that that a President will tailor their votes for millions of donors. Can they please each one? Does the money go to them or their super pac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Ted View Post
Some people are just to blind, ignorant, and gullible to see their candidate any other way than positive.
Yes, SOME PEOPLE, sure are. I, however, am not one of them. You may well be.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:31 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
Obama has passed some hated wall street regulations and he, also, was the recipient of their donations. So, NO, I don't buy that that a President will tailor their votes for millions of donors. Can they please each one? Does the money go to them or their super pac?
Obama has been fairly soft on Wall Street, he has pushed for some regulations to be put into place, but nothing I would call being hated for, especially when he employs those that caused the collapse on Wall Street to begin with. If you don't think Hillary will be soft on Wall Street because they are some of her biggest donors, then you are just being naive.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:36 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:

In other words, you don't have any other excuse for Hillary. Trump & Sanders have skipped this money. No reason why Hillary can't either.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:02 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Hillary is not frustrated, she just firmly responded to one of Sanders Geritol supporters!

The "old man" really is losing it, all he talks about is, the origin of Clinton's campaign donations, Super Pacs, Wall Street and the Big Banks. At this point, he's really grasping at straws!

They both complain about those things all the while supporting them, waste, bad idea subsidies, ethanol that pollutes and increases our food prices while doing so........

They are full of crap, both.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:07 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Whoa, not a good look for Clinton.

Why not, it's typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections