Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Bernie in November?
I'm a Democrat. I will support Bernie in November. 24 64.86%
I'm a Democrat. I will NOT support Bernie in November. 6 16.22%
I'm not a Democrat. 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:22 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Nomenee or nominee, I would support Bernie 100% if he is the DNC nominee.

Mick
Ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
I'm on the fence. I think Bernie is a nice guy but would be a disastrous president.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think this is correct.

But at the recent Washington caucus, where most people supported Sanders, there were a few who said they would never vote for Clinton if Sanders does not get the nomination. And there were a couple long-time feminists who were very disgruntled about Sanders, and I had the impression might sit out the general if Sanders is the nominee.

So the number of folks who wouldn't vote for Sanders is probably not zero. But I doubt they would vote for any of the Rs on offer either.
Women / feminists who won't vote for Sanders if he is the nominee are totally ridiculous! So they'll take a chance and risk a republican getting into office just because a woman didn't win the nominee?! Duh! Talk about "cutting off your nose to spite your face"!
And it's not like Clinton will do any more for them than will Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders will be an advocate for the important women's issues just as much as Hillary Clinton.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm on the fence. I think Bernie is a nice guy but would be a disastrous president.
I think that's just an assumption that too many people make. His agenda might be a challeng and perhaps he won't be able to do all that he wants to do but he will set the course of the country in a new and better direction.
And how successful he is depends, in large part, on the amount of support he gets from the public and who that public votes for re; congress don't ya think?
So what then? You just wouldn't vote at all and take a chance?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:36 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again, as a Democrat with half a brain (Sanders supporters are you listening) I'll vote for any Democrat if it kept any Republican out of the White House.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:38 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I think that's just an assumption that too many people make. His agenda might be a challeng and perhaps he won't be able to do all that he wants to do but he will set the course of the country in a new and better direction.
And how successful he is depends, in large part, on the amount of support he gets from the public and who that public votes for re; congress don't ya think?
So what then? You just wouldn't vote at all and take a chance?
She can't. She doesn't want to pay more tax.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Personally, since Republican gerrymandering pretty much insures that there won't be any signifiant change in the House, not being able to do all he wants, is overly optimistic. So setting a new course is highly unlikely, optimistically speaking. The most I would expect from would be to at least block the crazies from doing any more damage than they have. Frankly is Sanders want to set a new course there is no better place than where he already is, in the Senate.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:49 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,715,152 times
What's the point for the third choice, "I'm not a democrat"? You should either omit that question, or follow it by asking if they'll vote for Sanders.

Btw, we keep hearing democrats say they'd do anything to prevent GOP from winning the election, but not hearing republicans say the same about democrat winning. So it sounds like:
Democrats: Vote to prevent GOP
Republicans: Vote for GOP

Old 04-02-2016, 09:57 PM

934 posts, read 595,861 times
Im an independent and will support Bernie

Few democrats would support Trump over Bernie

I know many claim to be democrats but my guess is that they voted Republican in the last few elections

Old 04-02-2016, 10:04 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
What's the point for the third choice, "I'm not a democrat"? You should either omit that question, or follow it by asking if they'll vote for Sanders.

Btw, we keep hearing democrats say they'd do anything to prevent GOP from winning the election, but not hearing republicans say the same about democrat winning. So it sounds like:
Democrats: Vote to prevent GOP
Republicans: Vote for GOP
No. If the GOP continues to play their stupid games, this is one (soon to be former Republican, when this election is over), who will vote to PREVENT the GOP as President and for every last other Republican on the ticket.

The GOP doesn't realize that we Trump supporters are not just talking about the presidency when we say that we will vote against them, we are talking about every one who runs who took their little pot shots, or stayed silent to the public during this run. I will vote against them every single election....every 2 years, every 4 years, and I am not even close to being alone in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections