Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Cruz scares me.

He is an extremist religion fanatic who would persecute and oppress anyone who goes against his religious beliefs.

Non-Christians - such as Jews and Buddhists, Agnostics and Atheists, pro-Choice folks and especially people in the LGBT community .... BEWARE !!!
With the LGBT stuff what he wants to do is kick it back to the states, where he feels it constitutionally belongs, and strictly speaking he is correct. However, like the anti-abortion stuff, it will be difficult for a president and/or congress to reverse those changes because they occurred through judicial legislation.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:53 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Cruz scares me.

He is an extremist religion fanatic who would persecute and oppress anyone who goes against his religious beliefs.

Non-Christians - such as Jews and Buddhists, Agnostics and Atheists, pro-Choice folks and especially people in the LGBT community .... BEWARE !!!
I agree with you on this^

He not only scares me but he creeps me out, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 06:04 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree with you on this^

He not only scares me but he creeps me out, too!
agreed.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:40 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
With the LGBT stuff what he wants to do is kick it back to the states, where he feels it constitutionally belongs, and strictly speaking he is correct. However, like the anti-abortion stuff, it will be difficult for a president and/or congress to reverse those changes because they occurred through judicial legislation.
People's rights don't belong to the state. That's a federal matter.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There was no judicial legislation for Gay marriage. What the court said was that it is unconstitutional for states to create laws that that prevent Gays & Lesbians from getting married, and all those state laws were invalidated. The issue is settled, the only way to change it now is to amend the US Constitution.

Cruz is simply pandering to certain elements of his base, knowing that he won't have to do anything about it. Cruz wants to take the GOP back to the dark days of say ~2004-2005 when nutcases like Santorum, Frist, and others were using the Congress as a morality police to interfere in people's lives. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...i_Schiavo_case

Old 04-04-2016, 06:23 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
We all know that it is not practical or fair to "kick" SSM back to the individual states. We all know, or I hope we know, how that worked with racially mixed marriages and it didn't work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia (If you all ever have the chance, watch the documentary on this as it is excellent.) We have a very mobile society and it just won't work.

Plus, if Cruz's main objective was to follow the Constitution, what the heck was he doing at the "kill the gays" conference which they termed "religious"? He wants to ready the US for the "end of times" and is all hung up on the "gays" being the "problem". "Killing the gays" is based on the Old Testament and the story of "Sodom and Gomorrah".

As I said before, SSM has no victims like those Ted creates with his deceit and most likely adultery. We have seen his continuous lying and I truly believe the horror of his looks and voice are simply a mark of the evil that he is.

Flip-flopping Cruz panders: http://www.towleroad.com/2016/01/299723/ If it means money in his pocket, he can down play it. He is just so bad.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I came this article and please note that Ted Cruz's CAMPAIGN has said it was a mistake for Cruz to attend. Cruz has not said this. With his determination to turn the US into a Christian theocracy: Ted Cruz's campaign is fueled by a dominionist vision for America (COMMENTARY) - Religion News Service, I guess it is a necessity in his mind to eliminate the gays to please his "god". Total cult and we know the harm of the cult mentality. All one has to do is google "Kevin Swanson" and see what he is and Cruz, by association is no better. Cruz did not denounce the endorsement of Kevin Swanson.

Ted Cruz Campaign Finally Admits It Was a

As a Cruz supporter, is this what you stand behind? Cruz was here and accepted the invitation from this man who has a history of this agenda against gays. He was there listening and is endorsed by this mentally ill minister. It is terrifying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1IXDrXgV0
Does the truth offend you? Obviously it does. The preacher quoted what is written; the founding fathers were not ashamed of it, just this generation of reprobate minds.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
It's how the most virulent anti-gay activists are the ones in the deepest closets.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:10 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
At least they are admitting attending was wrong, unlike Trump who doubles down on everything and never admits when he's wrong. People make mistakes, it happens.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
At least they are admitting attending was wrong, unlike Trump who doubles down on everything and never admits when he's wrong. People make mistakes, it happens.
Exactly. Trump thinks Trump walks on water.

Neither choice is a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections