Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 05:31 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Cruz does. Its improbable but not impossible, especially with Trump unraveling right before our eyes. When he loses WI on Tuesday and gets hammered with another 2-3 weeks of negative press as he says more stupid things and contradicts himself, its going to be a whole new ballgame
Cruz has reason to stay in the race. Kasich is a pure Trump spoiler and won't eve have enough primary victories to be on the 1st ballot at the GOP convention.

Cruz can overtake Trump in the pledged delegate count, though that is unlikely. It is also unlikely that he will reach 1,237. That said, if he has the momentum going into the convention, he may be able to win on subsequent ballots. He is also better at the complicated delegate attribution/acquisition process than Trump (just look at the Colorado delegates going Cruz' way).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 05:38 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
The ONLY reason Kasich is staying in is so he can make a deal at the convention and force Trump into taking him as VP. That will prevent the estabs from blocking Trump from getting the nomination and put's one of their guys in the White House too.
Cruz can not overtake Trump's delegate count with upcoming states in the NE and then CA where Trump dominates.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Cruz is like a cross between a slimy lawyer and a preaching televangelist.
That's pretty spot on, he is a slimy lawyer...but I think if this political thing doesn't work out , he could easily transition to preaching televangelist immediately.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
That's pretty spot on, he is a slimy lawyer...but I think if this political thing doesn't work out , he could easily transition to preaching televangelist immediately.
That being said, I'd vote for him if it came down to him vs Hillary. Hell, I'd probably vote for even Kasich before Hillary although it would almost be the same thing.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:50 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
That being said, I'd vote for him if it came down to him vs Hillary. Hell, I'd probably vote for even Kasich before Hillary although it would almost be the same thing.
Who was your preferred candidate in the primary again??

Old 04-03-2016, 06:54 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,612 times
What are they fighting about?? Which is the least qualified bigot on the GOP side?

Old 04-03-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Who was your preferred candidate in the primary again??
My state hasn't voted yet but it most likely will be Trump. Illegal immigration is the #1 issue for me. If Trump does nothing else but enforce current immigration laws and enforces the border, that's more than I could ever hope for from Kasich.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:02 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
The ONLY reason Kasich is staying in is so he can make a deal at the convention and force Trump into taking him as VP. That will prevent the estabs from blocking Trump from getting the nomination and put's one of their guys in the White House too.
Cruz can not overtake Trump's delegate count with upcoming states in the NE and then CA where Trump dominates.
There is no way Kasich can tolerate being Mr. Trump's VP, and he has said so a few times already. I believe him; I don't think he has the patience. Though from Mr. Trump's perspective, someone like Kasich, with both legislative and executive experience, might be the kind of "political" guy that he wants.

He is staying in to force a contested convention and then winning as the consensus establishment candidate on a second, third or later ballot. If Ryan, Romney and the like are not seeking nomination at the convention, then Kasich would be the establishment's hands-down top choice, as they hate Cruz too.

Folks, forget about the delegate count . . . . other than whether Mr. Trump can get to 1,237. Kasich and Cruz aren't stupid, they know they can't overtake Mr. Trump in the pledge count. And that may not matter at all.

Mick

Old 04-03-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There is no way Kasich can tolerate being Mr. Trump's VP, and he has said so a few times already. I believe him; I don't think he has the patience. Though from Mr. Trump's perspective, someone like Kasich, with both legislative and executive experience, might be the kind of "political" guy that he wants.

He is staying in to force a contested convention and then winning as the consensus establishment candidate on a second, third or later ballot. If Ryan, Romney and the like are not seeking nomination at the convention, then Kasich would be the establishment's hands-down top choice, as they hate Cruz too.

Folks, forget about the delegate count . . . . other than whether Mr. Trump can get to 1,237. Kasich and Cruz aren't stupid, they know they can't overtake Mr. Trump in the pledge count. And that may not matter at all.

Mick
Kasich has a very good reason to put up with Trump for 4 years. It opens the door for him to be an easy nominee for President at that time. Trump will be in his mid 70s and probably bored with the job by then. Kasich wants the Presidency more than anything else and it's the easiest way for him to achieve it. Not to mention, of course if anything happens to Trump during his Presidency, Kasich takes the oath of office.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:38 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I actually used to like Cruz but his evangelical preacher performance started to wear on me. Then after what happened to Carson - I just couldn't trust the guy.
And, Carson was just the beginning. Cruz is ruthless and has a major issue with lying - the GOP Hillary.

Quote:
Cruz is like a cross between a slimy lawyer and a preaching televangelist.
Yes, "cheater and liar" and "cheater and liar" again. Exactly.

Quote:
I think Kasich has his eye on the VP slot. Most candidates will not admit to being open to VP when they running for POTUS and I don't blame them. If it drives crazy having Kasich still in the race, I'm on board with it. Sometimes I wonder if Kasich, seeming to have integrity, doesn't really, really disapprove of the lying and deceit that Cruz has put forth in his campaign. Most people, from the minute he did what he did to Carson were just disgusted with Cruz. Only those

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My state hasn't voted yet but it most likely will be Trump. Illegal immigration is the #1 issue for me. If Trump does nothing else but enforce current immigration laws and enforces the border, that's more than I could ever hope for from Kasich.
Kasich wants to give them "legality" within his first 100 days. Any idea what infested areas would look like in 4 years? I have a really good idea. We have 55,000 illegal workers in our state and bunch more leaching off the government with their anchor babies. Welfare paid out and the grocery store was full of them this morning.

Quote:
Kasich has a very good reason to put up with Trump for 4 years. It opens the door for him to be an easy nominee for President at that time. Trump will be in his mid 70s and probably bored with the job by then. Kasich wants the Presidency more than anything else and it's the easiest way for him to achieve it. Not to mention, of course if anything happens to Trump during his Presidency, Kasich takes the oath of office.
I saw that also, how badly Kasich wants to be POTUS. I mean, he really, really wants the chance, not so much a bucket list thing like Hillary.

I think Trump would be willing to just take the 4 years if everything was in place that we need to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling.

As long as Kasich has funding, he should be in the race. Cruz would like everyone to drop out so he could win. He has cheated and lied to try to get them out. He's a real word that would be asterisked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections