Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Neither candidate stand a chance at being nominated. Yet they are going to war with each other like the race is theirs for the taking.

The Super PAC behind Kasich just released this advert. At the same time, Ted Cruz is trying to get Kasich taken off the Montana ballot. Says he doesn't qualify. Odd for a Canadian to tell an American that he doesn't qualify for an election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDumsN1NCGg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 05:00 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Even if they don't have a chance , they have to act like they do.
It's just like with Jeb Bush or Rubio at the end of their campaigns.
They had to come out and say how they were the best choice for President , even though everyone knew they had no chance at that point.

Yeah, it's kind of sad..but they also signed up for this knowing it wasn't a sure thing they would win.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Neither candidate stand a chance at being nominated. Yet they are going to war with each other like the race is theirs for the taking.
Cruz does. Its improbable but not impossible, especially with Trump unraveling right before our eyes. When he loses WI on Tuesday and gets hammered with another 2-3 weeks of negative press as he says more stupid things and contradicts himself, its going to be a whole new ballgame

Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 PM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Oh dex - keep on dreaming. When I saw that commercial yesterday - I laughed my arse off.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:10 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Kasich is right. Cruz has no Senate record except shutting down the government. Too bad Kasich didn't say it at one of the debates when they were all going after Rubio for pretty much the same thing. Kasich and Trump are do-ers. Cruz is a talker. He criticizes the do-ers when he isn't lying, cheating and copycatting.

Was just watching Fox News Sunday where "the panel" was all atwitter over Hillary Clinton's legal troubles and Trump's Trump U legal issue but ZERO mention of the Federal Election Commission (FEC) investigation into the $500,000 that went from the Cruz campaign to the Fiorina campaign.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:16 PM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
I actually used to like Cruz but his evangelical preacher performance started to wear on me. Then after what happened to Carson - I just couldn't trust the guy.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:18 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,569 times
I love when little pubbie candidates go to war...

Old 04-03-2016, 05:19 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I actually used to like Cruz but his evangelical preacher performance started to wear on me. Then after what happened to Carson - I just couldn't trust the guy.
Cruz is like a cross between a slimy lawyer and a preaching televangelist.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:23 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Kasich is right. Cruz has no Senate record except shutting down the government. Too bad Kasich didn't say it at one of the debates when they were all going after Rubio for pretty much the same thing. Kasich and Trump are do-ers. Cruz is a talker. He criticizes the do-ers when he isn't lying, cheating and copycatting.

Was just watching Fox News Sunday where "the panel" was all atwitter over Hillary Clinton's legal troubles and Trump's Trump U legal issue but ZERO mention of the Federal Election Commission (FEC) investigation into the $500,000 that went from the Cruz campaign to the Fiorina campaign.
Once again, it did not go from Cruz'z campaign to Fiorina's. A SuperPAC that supports Cruz also gave her money. SuperPACs are allowed to support more than one candidate and the candidates, by law, are not supposed to make any decisions about what SuperPACs do or don't do. Cruz is not being discussed in reference to this because it has nothing to do with him.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Yup , the problem is that a lot of people can't see through his BS, or he wouldn't have the support he has now.

I can see why people wouldn't be turned off by Trump..but he has built many businesses ...and yes has had some business bankruptcies..but he still employs tens of thousands of people.

That's a major accomplishment I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections