Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 07:22 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Ted Cruz is out-hustling Trump in the process of recruiting delegates in Arizona, which Trump won decisively last month. If Trump wins 1,237 on the first ballot, it will not matter, he will be the nominee. But if he doesn't win on the first ballot, it appears that the majority of the delegates in Arizona will vote Cruz on the second ballot and presumably thereafter if more than two ballots are required.

Quote:
Cruz snaring Trump's Arizona delegates

Sen. Ted Cruz is out-hustling Donald Trump and looks set to ensure many Arizona delegates will defect to him in a convention floor fight.

The New York businessman easily won last month's Arizona primary taking 47 percent to Cruz's 25 percent, scooping up all 58 of the state's delegates. That's nearly 5 percent of the 1,237 Trump needs for the nomination, and they're tied are to him on the first ballot.

But Cruz, exploiting deep opposition to Trump among grassroots Republicans, has been far more active in Arizona than Trump, insiders say. He's recruiting candidates for the available 55 delegate slots, that along with the other three delegate positions filled by party leaders, would be allowed to vote for him in a multi-ballot contested convention.

"Cruz, out of all the campaigns, has the most folks on the ground and has been the most organized," Michael Noble, a Republican consultant in Arizona who is neutral, told the Washington Examiner on Friday. "Trump has no real organization in Arizona," added GOP strategist Sean Noble (no relation) in an email exchange. "Cruz will get most/all Arizona delegates on second ballot."
Of course there are other states where this is going on as well, such as North Dakota, where it appears that Cruz won 18 of 25 delegates that he endorsed in Saturday's party convention there, which is also mentioned in the article above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:41 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Cruz trying to steal the nomination, and you consider that news? He did that from the very beginning in Iowa. How anyone can support a candidate that is known for cheating and stealing, I do not know. What kind of Christian can endorse that behavior? One that lives in a similar manner I suppose.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:44 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Cruz trying to steal the nomination, and you consider that news? He did that from the very beginning in Iowa. How anyone can support a candidate that is known for cheating and stealing, I do not know. What kind of Christian can endorse that behavior? One that lives in a similar manner I suppose.
Does Cruz know how much he is disliked ? If Cruz gets the nomination by stealing delegates, I take my revenge in the voting booth as will many others.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:48 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Does Cruz know how much he is disliked ? If Cruz gets the nomination by stealing delegates, I take my revenge in the voting booth as will many others.
Yea and the only way to stop him is to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
The trumplettes are going to cry. Don't cry, trumplettes. Yes, it is all slipping away, as your hero snatches defeat from the jaws of victory, in veritable slow motion, right before your eyes.

But look on the bright side, trumplettes. This will free him up to guest star on WWF wrestling and maybe some other reality TV show. You will still get your fill of Donald Trump's vulgarities and imbecilities. So buck up. It is going to be OK.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:53 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The trumplettes are going to cry. Don't cry, trumplettes. Yes, it is all slipping away, as your hero snatches defeat from the jaws of victory, in veritable slow motion, right before your eyes.

But look on the bright side, trumplettes. This will free him up to guest start on WWF wrestling and maybe some other reality TV show. You will still get your fill of Donald Trump's vulgarities and imbecilities. So buck up. It is going to be OK.
What is Ted going to do after he withdraws ? Go back to his lyin' ways in Congress ? Even less Congress folk will want to work with him after he gets lambasted in the Northeast and has to slink back to D.C.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:54 AM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
This is not stealing delegates. The delegates are bound to Trump on the first ballot (some states longer), but those delegates are free to vote how they want beyond then. Cruz is trying to appeal to delegates if it goes to the point that they are unbound, Trump has the same right to do the same.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:02 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Cruz also "appealed" to voters in Iowa telling them that Carson was dropping out, so voters should caucus for him. Cruz also "appealed" to voters in Hawaii that Rubio was dropping out. He also "appealed" in Iowa sending out all sorts of misleading mailers.

Do I need to list how Ted Cruz has appealed for votes here, or have we been over it many times? Let's do the short list, when has Ted Cruz told the truth?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:02 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
before you start to complain about cruz "stealing delegates", understand that he is just preparing for what seems to be an inevitable brokered convention. he is thinking that trump wont have enough delegates to win on the first ballot, and if that is the case then he is just following the rules for a brokered convention, and getting his ducks in a row now instead of at the convention. you can bet that kaisch and others are doing the same thing.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:09 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
before you start to complain about cruz "stealing delegates", understand that he is just preparing for what seems to be an inevitable brokered convention. he is thinking that trump wont have enough delegates to win on the first ballot, and if that is the case then he is just following the rules for a brokered convention, and getting his ducks in a row now instead of at the convention. you can bet that kaisch and others are doing the same thing.

Exactly. If Trump isn't doing the same thing, then he deserves to lose. He said he's such a great negotiator, can 'close the deal' and picks 'the best' people, then he should be heads and shoulders above the rest of the candidates in doing such 'delegate negotiation' as part of pre-planning for a brokered convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections