Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
60% don't want Cruz.. Isn't that how this works?
Exactly, but somehow this calculus only applies to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:13 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Because you say so? LOL.

Cruz has already won in Maine, which last I checked is a Northeast state. And of course Trump is in full self-destruction mode, even as we speak. Trump should win in New York, his home state, although that is likely to be a good bit closer than the polls are suggesting now. As far as the other states, the results will speak for themselves.

Also, it does not matter if Cruz "wins" any of these states. It is not about winning individual battles. It is about winning the war, which is accomplished by the first person to get to 1,237 delegates at the convention. If Trump does not get them in the first round, he never will. If it goes to a second round, as increasingly appears likely, Ted Cruz is going to be the prohibitive favorite to win the nomination.

Those are the facts, Jack.
Here's some more facts ...

Maine is a caucus not an open or closed primary. Other than Maine, Cruz has not won a state east of the Mississippi.

Cruz is more than 20% behind in NY and is behind in every other Northeast state. Even in the remotest of chances on a second ballot at the convention, Cruz is a puppet that no one wants in the GOP and is only being used to slow down Trump.

Now onto Trump's huge lead in NY ... how do like them apples ?

Oh yeah, stating Trump is in full-destruction mode is an opinion not fact.

And here's a final fact for ya ... me and countless other lifetime GOPers WILL NEVER vote for Cruz if Trump has close to 1,237 and doesn't get the nod. When they say a vote for Cruz is a vote for HRC, they are 100% correct as I'd rather vote Dem than for a party that can't be trus-TED.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:40 AM

14,481 posts, read 20,667,037 times
Another poll shows Cruz 43-37. Trump may get about as many delegates as Cruz. He is way ahead in New York and PA and Christie should help him in NJ. That leaves MD and DE and CT and RI.

April 26th around 11pm EST will tell the tail. I do not think Cruz will be successful in the northeast.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:41 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Another poll shows Cruz 43-37. Trump may get about as many delegates as Cruz. He is way ahead in New York and PA and Christie should help him in NJ. That leaves MD and DE and CT and RI.

April 26th around 11pm EST will tell the tail. I do not think Cruz will be successful in the northeast.
Nor'easter coming - Cruz better get his shovel out.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:42 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Cruz continues to show, week-by-week, that he is underhanded and untrustworthy. He tried to cover up the fact that he took major loans from Goldman Sachs and Citibank. ...
I am not a Cruz supporter, but I understand how this occurred. He said they were 'margins' on his brokerage acts. I have the same thing on my brokerage accounts. A brokerage account is simply a stock trading/mutual fund trading account that is similar to a 401K but it's non-retirement and you can trade stocks and bonds and mutual funds. You login to your account and can place BUY and SELL stocks, etc.

Within this account you can setup a "margin" which is also called a margin loan. It allows you to trade stocks specific ways. With a margin acct you can buy more stocks that what is currently in your account. Let's say you have $100 in your account. But if you set up the margin, they allow you to trade up to, let's say, $140 in stocks. That extra $40 is then loaned as a margin loan and you owe it. Many people have margin accts set up but they don't use that extra $40. So they never went above their own acct balance, or maybe they did it once and since paid it back.

If you want to be allowed to trade stocks as SHORT sales, all brokerage accounts require setup of a margin loan. I had to do this also because I trade SHORT sales sometimes. Therefore, I also setup a margin loan with my brokerage firm, though I don't make any loan payments and owe zero interest and never received a statement for the loan. In my case, I never even once went over my own investment balance(let's say $100), so I really didn't even borrow any money. But the 'margin' acct is there.

So I can understand how Ted Cruz missed listing his Margin Loan. If you never close the margin part of the account and don't need it and no longer use it and you owe $0, that margin acct still exists. It's very easy to overlook.

If I ever filled out paperwork for a mortgage in the future, I would never think to include my margin acct as a 'loan'. It doesn't show up on any credit reports and I really don't owe any money.

I give Cruz a pass on this one, because I know how margin loans work and they are only related to stock trading accounts. Very easy to overlook.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answ...tshortsell.asp

Last edited by sware2cod; 04-04-2016 at 10:00 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 09:45 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I am not a Cruz supporter, but I understand how this occurred. He said they were 'margins' on his brokerage acts. I have the same thing on my brokerage accounts. A brokerage account is simply a stock trading/mutual fund trading account that is similar to a 401K but it's non-retirement and you can trade stocks and bonds and mutual funds. You login to your account and can place BUY and SELL trades.

Within this account you can setup a "margin" which is also called a margin loan. It allows you to trade stocks with a few more things. The most important is you can buy more stocks that what is currently in your account. Let's say you have $100 in your account. But if you set up the margin, they allow you to trade up to, let's say, $140 in stocks. That extra $40 is then loaned as a margin loan and you owe it. Many people have margin accts set up but they don't use that extra $40. So they never went about their own acct balance, or maybe they did it once and since paid it back automatically with a stock sale.

In my case I wanted to be allowed to trade stocks as SHORT sales. My account require me to setup a margin acct just so I could trade short sales. So, in effect, I have setup some kind of loan with my brokerage firm, though I don't make any loan payments and owe now interest and never received a statement for the loan. In my case, I never even once went over my own investment balance, so I really didn't even borrow any money. But the 'margin' acct is there.

So I can understand how Ted Cruz missed listing his Margin Loan. If you never close the margin part of the account and don't need it and no longer use it and you owe $0, that margin acct still exists. It's very easy to overlook.

If I ever filled out paperwork for a mortgage or something, I would never think to include my margin acct as a 'loan'. It doesn't show up on any credit reports.

I give Cruz a pass on this one, because I know how margin loans work. Very easy to overlook.
You can give him a pass on this one, I would not give him a pass for lying because I am against big donors controlling politicians.

If Trump started receiving big donations from special interest groups, I am out. So far, I am not seeing this happening.

I will give Cruz a pass even if he had millions of mistresses on the side, I don't care and will never care.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:45 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Here's some more facts ...

Maine is a caucus not an open or closed primary. Other than Maine, Cruz has not won a state east of the Mississippi.

Cruz is more than 20% behind in NY and is behind in every other Northeast state. Even in the remotest of chances on a second ballot at the convention, Cruz is a puppet that no one wants in the GOP and is only being used to slow down Trump.

Now onto Trump's huge lead in NY ... how do like them apples ?

Oh yeah, stating Trump is in full-destruction mode is an opinion not fact.

And here's a final fact for ya ... me and countless other lifetime GOPers WILL NEVER vote for Cruz if Trump has close to 1,237 and doesn't get the nod. When they say a vote for Cruz is a vote for HRC, they are 100% correct as I'd rather vote Dem than for a party that can't be trus-TED.
And here's an additional final fact for ya.... Me and countless other lifetime GOPers WILL NEVER vote for Trump, period. The GOP is in a tough spot, either way they are losing a vote. What they are going to need to figure out is if there are more in your camp or in mine. Is it any wonder many in the GOP leadership are scrambling to figure a way out of this mess? Their best realistic senario is that Trump throws a hissy fit and drops out to run 3rd party prior to the convention or somehow else gets completely taken out of the running.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And here's an additional final fact for ya.... Me and countless other lifetime GOPers WILL NEVER vote for Trump, period. The GOP is in a tough spot, either way they are losing a vote. What they are going to need to figure out is if there are more in your camp or in mine. Is it any wonder many in the GOP leadership are scrambling to figure a way out of this mess? Their best realistic senario is that Trump throws a hissy fit and drops out to run 3rd party prior to the convention or somehow else gets completely taken out of the running.
well, I can accept that you will never vote for Trump. But it looks like you are a Ted Cruz fan, Republicans I know (I KNOW being the key words) share the same liberal-to-moderate social views, and that will be the future of the Republican party like it or not.

Ted Cruz WILL not be a Republican party leader of my generation and people younger than me if he wanted to put gays and lesbians back in the closet. Plus, as a Christian, I believe in COMPLETE Separation of church and state. Cruz is running for America's next high priest. He is not the constitution candidate as he claims to be.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:54 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I am not a Cruz supporter, but I understand how this occurred. He said they were 'margins' on his brokerage acts. I have the same thing on my brokerage accounts. A brokerage account is simply a stock trading/mutual fund trading account that is similar to a 401K but it's non-retirement and you can trade stocks and bonds and mutual funds. You login to your account and can place BUY and SELL stocks, etc.

Within this account you can setup a "margin" which is also called a margin loan. It allows you to trade stocks specific ways. With a margin acct you can buy more stocks that what is currently in your account. Let's say you have $100 in your account. But if you set up the margin, they allow you to trade up to, let's say, $140 in stocks. That extra $40 is then loaned as a margin loan and you owe it. Many people have margin accts set up but they don't use that extra $40. So they never went above their own acct balance, or maybe they did it once and since paid it back.

If you want to be allowed to trade stocks as SHORT sales, all brokerage accounts require setup a margin loan. I had to do this also because I trade SHORT sales sometimes. Therefore, I have setup some kind of loan with my brokerage firm, though I don't make any loan payments and owe zero interest and never received a statement for the loan. In my case, I never even once went over my own investment balance(let's say $100), so I really didn't even borrow any money. But the 'margin' acct is there.

If I ever filled out paperwork for a mortgage in the future, I would never think to include my margin acct as a 'loan'. It doesn't show up on any credit reports and I really don't owe any money.

I give Cruz a pass on this one, because I know how margin loans work and they are only related to stock trading accounts. Very easy to overlook.

Why do you need a margin account to short sell stocks? | Investopedia
He didn't miss listing it. He reported it on the wrong form. When the error was found, he was asked to refile it on the correct form, which he did. That resolved it. And that is why nobody is pursuing it further, except for lying Donald Trump and the constantly prevaricating team of trolls, bullies, thugs and vulgarians that support him.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
except for lying Donald Trump and the constantly prevaricating team of trolls, bullies, thugs and vulgarians that support him.
wow really? So anybody who agree with donald trump would be labeled as trolls, bullies, thugs, and vulgarians. I've never been accused of any of these my entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections