Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:57 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

If Trump started receiving big donations from special interest groups, I am out. So far, I am not seeing this happening.
If Trump goes into the general election, his campaign will accept large donations from special interest groups. His campaign has already said recently that he only promised to refrain from such donations for the primary.

Trump opens door to accepting outside money for general election - POLITICO

Trump Will Raise Money if He Wins Nomination: CNN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And here's an additional final fact for ya.... Me and countless other lifetime GOPers WILL NEVER vote for Trump, period. The GOP is in a tough spot, either way they are losing a vote. What they are going to need to figure out is if there are more in your camp or in mine. Is it any wonder many in the GOP leadership are scrambling to figure a way out of this mess? Their best realistic senario is that Trump throws a hissy fit and drops out to run 3rd party prior to the convention or somehow else gets completely taken out of the running.
This is the best scenario for HRC ... the GOP has no options except to back Trump, get him a great VP, and hope most of the party falls in line. This happens in every election ... I'm sure there were plenty that hated Romney in 2012 even though he won the nomination. Same with McCain in 2008 ... Same with Sanders supporters that can't stand HRC.

Can't please all the people all the time ...

Old 04-04-2016, 09:59 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
If Trump goes into the general election, his campaign will accept large donations from special interest groups. His campaign has already said recently that he only promised to refrain from such donations for the primary.

Trump opens door to accepting outside money for general election - POLITICO

Trump Will Raise Money if He Wins Nomination: CNN
Then I will seriously consider who would be my next lesser of two evils. It is that simple.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:00 AM

14,481 posts, read 20,662,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
This is the best scenario for HRC ... the GOP has no options except to back Trump, get him a great VP, and hope most of the party falls in line.
Let Trump win if he can.
Let him lose to Clinton if he does.
Forget the next 4 years and come back in 2020 with the best GOP candidate you can find.

Please don't let Santorum and Perry and Romney and the others from the past try yet again.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
This is the best scenario for HRC ... the GOP has no options except to back Trump, get him a great VP, and hope most of the party falls in line. This happens in every election ... I'm sure there were plenty that hated Romney in 2012 even though he won the nomination. Same with McCain in 2008 ... Same with Sanders supporters that can't stand HRC.

Can't please all the people all the time ...
I have to agree with you on this one. I think Kasich should suck it up and be his vp, that will seal the deal for me.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:04 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
I have to agree with you on this one. I think Kasich should suck it up and be his vp, that will seal the deal for me.

How about if Kasich gets the nomination in a contested primary and Trump runs as a 3rd party candidate against Kasich (R) and Clinton(D)?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
wow really? So anybody who agree with donald trump would be labeled as trolls, bullies, thugs, and vulgarians. I've never been accused of any of these my entire life.
I have largely enjoyed your posts for some time now. Because of that, it saddens me to say that your parrot-like, talking-points style posts recently in support of Trump have clearly fallen into the troll category. Also, because of the obvious falseness of some of the statements in those posts - even to you I think - a number of your posts would need to be classified in the thug category as well.

It provides me no pleasure to notify you that you can no longer claim to have never been accused of any of these tendencies during your lifetime. As a result of your association with the thuggish and remarkably trollish Donald Trump movement, now you have.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
How about if Kasich gets the nomination in a contested primary and Trump runs as a 3rd party candidate against Kasich (R) and Clinton(D)?
Well, Trump runs as a 3rd party sounds risky. I don't think he would win that way. If it is Kasich vs Clinton, I don't even think my vote matters, Kasich can beat her easy.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
well, I can accept that you will never vote for Trump. But it looks like you are a Ted Cruz fan, Republicans I know (I KNOW being the key words) share the same liberal-to-moderate social views, and that will be the future of the Republican party like it or not.

Ted Cruz WILL not be a Republican party leader of my generation and people younger than me if he wanted to put gays and lesbians back in the closet. Plus, as a Christian, I believe in COMPLETE Separation of church and state. Cruz is running for America's next high priest. He is not the constitution candidate as he claims to be.
Not a Cruz fan. I am praying for a brokered convention. Cruz is a "hold my nose and vote" candidate for me. My resolve for not voting Trump only continues to grow. Yes, as much as I would truly hate to, if Trump is the nominee and my state is close, I will vote for Hillary. Hopefully, it won't be close and I can vote 3rd Party instead.

I still want to know why we have been stuck with these two, we started out with some reasonable right-leaning, moderate candidates.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:10 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
ooooH , SPECIAL TED,
Mama dropped him on his head
now he's not so bright instead
He's a little bit special
just a little bit special

We'd play tag and he'd get hurt
I'd play soldier, he'd eat dirt
I'd like math and a spelling bee
Ted liked talking to a tree
ooooh, special Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j309riwsSik
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections