Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:13 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I have largely enjoyed your posts for some time now. Because of that, it saddens me to say that your parrot-like, talking-points style posts recently in support of Trump have clearly fallen into the troll category. Also, because of the obvious falseness of some of the statements in those posts - even to you I think - a number of your posts would need to be classified in the thug category as well.

It provides me no pleasure to notify you that you can no longer claim to have never been accused of any of these tendencies during your lifetime. As a result of your association with the thuggish Donald Trump movement, now you have.
So I agree with Trump on trade, that makes me a thug?

So I agree with Trump on strong border, that makes me a troll?

So I believe that Trump is less dangerous than Ted Cruz because Ted Cruz is a tea party hawk and Trump said Iraq war is a big fat mistake - makes me a thug and a troll?

So I said i am undecided at this point, but will not be voting for ted cruz, this makes me a troll and a thug?

Really? All the above makes me a thug and a troll simply because I cannot see myself supporting Ted Cruz? really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 10:14 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
I have largely enjoyed your posts for some time now. Because of that, it saddens me to say that your parrot-like, talking-points style posts recently in support of Trump have clearly fallen into the troll category. Also, because of the obvious falseness of some of the statements in those posts - even to you I think - a number of your posts would need to be classified in the thug category as well.

It provides me no pleasure to notify you that you can no longer claim to have never been accused of any of these tendencies during your lifetime. As a result of your association with the thuggish and remarkably trollish Donald Trump movement, now you have.
Wow, I'd be offended that one of the anti-Trump trollers notified me of anything. Spartacus needs to realize that nothing he can say as one voter will change the mind of Trump supporters.

So troll on Spartacus ... and have a look at the NE GOP polls.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So I agree with Trump on trade, that makes me a thug?

So I agree with Trump on strong border, that makes me a troll?

So I believe that Trump is less dangerous than Ted Cruz because Ted Cruz is a tea party hawk and Trump said Iraq war is a big fat mistake - makes me a thug and a troll?

So I said i am undecided at this point, but will not be voting for ted cruz, this makes me a troll and a thug?

Really? All the above makes me a thug and a troll simply because I cannot see myself supporting Ted Cruz? really?
No, it's because you don't fit into his C-D cult of few and didn't drink his anti-Trump Kool-Aid.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:17 AM

I can take it when people tell me they don't agree with me. But calling somebody a troll and a thug simply because this person agrees with a candidate on one of more of his issue stances? That is just weak.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
No, it's because you don't fit into his C-D cult of few and didn't drink his anti-Trump Kool-Aid.
I still like Spartacus713 and think he is able to at least present his point of view with knowledge and a lot of times, fact. I can agree to disagree. But I have no ideas he thinks of me this way now. LOL, pretty sad that somebody can take politics this seriously.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I still like Spartacus713 and think he is able to at least present his point of view with knowledge and a lot of times, fact. I can agree to disagree. But I have no ideas he thinks of me this way now. LOL, pretty sad that somebody can take politics this seriously.
Exactly ... it's hard to believe he can't see that Cruz has no chance at the nomination and will be have to withdraw after the beatdown he will get in the Northeast. People say strange things when things don't go their way.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Not a Cruz fan. I am praying for a brokered convention. Cruz is a "hold my nose and vote" candidate for me. My resolve for not voting Trump only continues to grow. Yes, as much as I would truly hate to, if Trump is the nominee and my state is close, I will vote for Hillary. Hopefully, it won't be close and I can vote 3rd Party instead.

I still want to know why we have been stuck with these two, we started out with some reasonable right-leaning, moderate candidates.
The reason I can never vote for Ted Cruz is because he is a tea party hawk. He always says that he wants to bomb ISIS, and this really is scary to me.

James Madison said that

“The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries.

[Letter objecting to the use of government land for churches, 1803]”

We are better off with a true constitution candidate, not somebody like Ted Cruz. To me, the ONLY one candidate who can get crossover votes is perhaps Kasich, but I understand why many republicans cannot support him. He is weak on border.

I am undecided and don't know whom I will be voting for. But I agree with Trump on a lot of things he has to say. This doesn't mean that I think he is a great guy. Even Ted Cruz says that Donald Trump can say something 8 clock in the morning and says something completely different at 12 pm, both time, he is able to pass a lie detector test. I think this is true.

Trump is an honest man with very poor impulse control. When he said Iraq war is a big fat mistake, I believe him. Do I think he will make a good president? I am not sure of that. But do I think he is any more dangerous than career politicians like Ted Cruz and HIllary clinton? I don't think I can really say that. Talking hawkish does not mean that he is a hawk.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-04-2016 at 10:36 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 10:35 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
I still like you too. It feels to me like you have gotten swept up in this "movement" much like many people did around Barack Obama in 2008, which for many people was just a matter of getting swept away by the emotion and the virtual mass "hysteria" of it all.

The crap Trump and his supporters spew is way beyond over the top. The relentless smears, the name-calling, and the baseless and dishonest personal attacks that Trump constantly direct towards his opponents are indicative of HIS own lack of personal integrity. When his supporters jump on that bandwagon and start engaging in this same behavior, that is really sad and disgraceful, to say the least. Just because a lot of other people are doing it does not change that. These people frequently demonstrate themselves to be liars and thugs, and to state the obvious, they go out of their way to distinguish themselves as trolls to a degree that is probably unsurpassed by any other group in our country during our lifetimes.

Maybe it is possible for someone to support Donald Trump without lowering themselves to this level. But unfortunately many of the people you see around here supporting him on this board and elsewhere are enough to make people wonder. It seems like the supporters of most other candidates are able to support their candidates without acting this way. It would be a big improvement to our political dialogue this time around if Trump supporters were all of the sudden to start demonstrating that they had that capacity too. Just saying.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I still like you too. It feels to me like you have gotten swept up in this "movement" much like many people did around Barack Obama in 2008, which for many people was just a matter of getting swept away by the emotion and the virtual mass "hysteria" of it all.

The crap Trump and his supporters spew is way beyond over the top. The relentless smears, the name-calling, and the baseless and dishonest personal attacks that Trump constantly directs towards his opponents are indicative of HIS own lack of personal integrity. When his supporters jump on that bandwagon and start engaging in this same behavior, that is really sad and disgraceful, to say the least. Just because a lot of other people are doing it does not change that. These people frequently demonstrate themselves to be liars and thugs, and to state the obvious, they go out of their way to distinguish themselves as trolls as much as any trollish people we have ever seen during our lifetimes.

Maybe it is possible to support Donald Trump without lowering yourself to this level. But unfortunately many of the people you see around here supporting him on this board and elsewhere are enough to make people wonder. It seems like the supporters of most other candidates are able to support their candidates without acting this way. It would be a big improvement to our political dialogue this time around if Trump supporters were all of the sudden to start demonstrating that they had that capacity too. Just saying.
I agree with you, hard to debate this really.

I think at the end of the day, we all need to face this very possible scenario

Trump Vs Clinton. what to do, what to do. I can never vote for Clinton. I know many here say that if this is the case, they will go with third party. As painful as it is for me to say, third party can never win, voting for third party means voting for Clinton.

If it is Cruz vs Clinton, I know I've said that I will never vote for Cruz under any circumstances, that is emotional talk. I have to really think about this one..

What a crazy year for all of us.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:49 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Trump usually does well in open primaries. My state had closed primaries, but he swept here too. He is unpredictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections