Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

Advertisements

He has already had at least 2 rallies in Madison already. Clinton would be thrilled with the attendance there last night, 4400 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
https://youtu.be/OxtilIOofbA

Heard from someone else working across the street from today's Green Bay rally site that it's also empty.

Have people heard enough?

Really can see what people see in Sanders, Americans are so weak! Sanders professional life has been a joke, now you have people supporting him for President, awful!

Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,715,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Bernie's popularity seems to be fading
LOL.

Each time I saw a thread posted by you in such a tone, I knew there is some good news for Bernie, even if I didn't watch news.

Keep us posted.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:05 AM

580 posts, read 450,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What's his proposal for the illegals currently here? I'm pretty sure he's not for throwing them all out.
(I despise Sanders and his lying, uninformed, low-information, ignorant BernieBros)...But nobody is going to... "throwing them all out..."

The most deportees ever, in a single year, was almost 500,000. That was, I believe, 2013 under Obama. We would have to match that number for the next 24-40 years (depending on the numbers of current illegals), to remove all the illegals, and that is also while not allowing a single one in...

Not going to happen, period.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:48 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
According to the "news" he is actually gaining on Hillary.
And she is not happy about it.
Maybe the reason she isn't happy is because he's not a Democrat and has tried to destroy the party? Of course she isn't happy that he's attacking her. Why would she be? However, the only possible way he can catch up is to win the rest of the states by huge margins.

Just because a candidate has won 3, 4 or even 5 states, we cannot ignore people who voted earlier in states like Florida, Texas, Ohio, Illinois, Virginia, Georgia, etc. When Clinton won Alabama by 77.8% with 310,000 votes I only heard, "we expected her to win" from the media and the Sanders people.

In fact, the Sanders campaign insulted Democrats in the South when Jeff Weaver said they didn't even bother to win votes in any of the states he lost. Of course that's total bullpucky.

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-campaign_us_56f98f5ae4b0a372181aa375"]Bernie Sanders’ Campaign Claims He Didn’t Compete In States He Actually Competed In[/URL]

The reality is that ALL the votes count, not just the states Bernie Sanders has won. Florida is a melting pot and only 33% of its residents were born there. Oh, I forgot. Florida has a lot of old people. I guess they don't count either.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:51 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
(I despise Sanders and his lying, uninformed, low-information, ignorant BernieBros)...But nobody is going to... "throwing them all out..."

The most deportees ever, in a single year, was almost 500,000. That was, I believe, 2013 under Obama. We would have to match that number for the next 24-40 years (depending on the numbers of current illegals), to remove all the illegals, and that is also while not allowing a single one in...

They're just tourists. Who thinks tourists should have a path to citizenship?

Old 04-05-2016, 02:22 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Me to. The visa system he's talking about reminds me of Canadas. It's less punitive on people crossing the borders works with people trying to get in the US and not have them come over illegally. I think thats a good thing.

Bernie already mentioned he using his executive power right off the bat to get immigration reform started.
Do you really believe this? Have you paid attention? What Hillary said in the Miami debate is true. It's been fact-checked by several sources.

"In 2006, Bernie Sanders "voted in the House with hard-line Republicans for indefinite detention for undocumented immigrants, and then he sided with those Republicans to stand with vigilantes known as Minutemen who were taking up outposts along the border to hunt down immigrants."

[url=http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/10/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-bernie-sanders-supported-minu/]Hillary Clinton says Bernie Sanders supported Minutemen, indefinite detention for the undocumented | PolitiFact[/url]

He also voted against a pathway to citizenship in a bill proposed by Ted Kennedy and lied about that too. I already posted a 2007 interview on CNN titled "FIGHTING AMNESTY" in which he agrees with Lou Dobbs that giving jobs to immigrants hurt our economy. I actually agree with many of the points he made about special interest groups selling out the American worker, but it doesn't change the fact that he's lying. Unfortunately, all politicians lie when it benefits them.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:43 AM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Ms. Clinton needs to go to jail where she belongs. She has no business running for president.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post

Obama changed the way deportations were counted to come up with his numbers.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:25 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,205,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is non-sense. Hillary Clinton is equal guilty for voting yes. GET OVER IT. She voted YES YES YES. BAD experiences all right. This country can live WITHOUT those 'experiences'

Talk to the people who are died. buddy.

The Democrats who voted to support the war and rationalized that vote by making false claims about Iraq's WMD programs - a minority of Democrats, but much over-represented in Democratic leadership councils - were responsible for allowing the Bush administration to get away with lying about Iraq's alleged threat.

By contrast, in regard to the resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq, Congress had many months to investigate and debate the administration's claims that Iraq was a threat as well as the likely implications of a US invasion. Members of Congress also fully recognized that the resolution authorized a full-scale invasion of a sovereign nation and a subsequent military occupation of an indefinite period.

Democrats Share the Blame for Tragedy of Iraq War
Oh, I get it! The Iraq War is all Hillary Clinton's fault even though the POTUS was Republican, the Republicans held a 51-49 majority in the US Senate, and 229-205 majority in the US House of Representatives. The Iraq Resolution passed the US House of Representatives 297-133 and the US Senate 77-23. 96% of the Republican House members and 98% of the Republican Senators voted for the resolution, but yet you blame the Democrats, especially Clinton.

If the Iraq War meant anything more to you except another talking point to argue against Hillary Clinton, you would NOT be supporting any of the Republican candidates, all of whom have repeatedly rattled their sabres while proving they learned nothing from the disaster in Iraq that their political fellows visited upon the country and the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections