Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
They are ceaseless and have worn me out.. But NOT changed my vote
I'm the same. I don't watch them. Constant Trump bashing hasn't detoured me one bit. Confirms I must be right because they have been so wrong for to long. Like day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 03:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems the mainstream media and talk radio is at their wits end to try to get Trump out.
Of course they are. If the Republicans tore the country apart for the last 8 years and the Democrats finally had a chance to take it back and their candidate leading the polls was a pathetic joke who was the most unpopular politician in the last 30 years, and every poll showed them getting obliterated by the GOP candidates in a general election, you can bet they would be doing everything in their power to derail them too.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:33 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:

It seems the media is trying harder and harder to get Trump out!
he's unqualified to be POTUS - glad the media is making that known

Old 04-04-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No longer fawning over him is not equivalent to going after him.
he has been given a pass for so long, about time they start to scrutinize a little more - but really, the media gets more viewers with him in POTUS office than if he disappears.....in other words, it's in the media's best interest to have Trump win the election because the four years of POTUS will bring viewership.....

Old 04-04-2016, 04:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Hillary will have enough viewers too waiting to see when Bill will have another cigar moment and waiting for another Clinton scandal so that shouldn't matter to the media.

Trumps family life hasn't been something the media could report on much other than him and his wife's done an incredible job raising wonderful kids even after having a divorce and all kids seem to get along. That is not often the case.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
do not think its the media-- common sense restored -maybe?

Old 04-04-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Are you kidding? The media will want Trump to stay in as long as possible. He is ratings gold and they will report his every word so long as it continues to bring viewers.

I hate to have to tell you trump supporters the obvious, but any "negative press" Trump is getting is simply reporting the man's own recorded words.
agree 100%

Old 04-04-2016, 07:42 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Ted View Post
Except the media spins, frames, and takes the words out of context in such a way that it portrays Trump in a very negative light, even if what he is saying is not meant that way at all.

It is nothing new, as they do this with every Republican threat, but they are taking it to the extreme and are relentless about it like never before.
Allowing a candidate to call into your news show carte blanche and playing unedited interviews is the opposite of spinning and taking words out of context.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,449 times
I agree campaign finance reform is important....but the influence of money from the likes of the Koch brothers, etc pales in comparison to the influence and sway of the media.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:38 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
It seems the mainstream media and talk radio is at their wits end to try to get Trump out.

On the other side it will be interesting to see how the public will vote as I haven't heard of any Trump voter who changed their mind and the ones I know only have turned their channel to stop watching the garbage the so called "know it all" have to say.
Nonsense. Media LOVES keeping Donald Trump in this race, without a contest what would they have to talk about? They are tiptoeing around him rather than doing what journalists should, which is questioning the validity of the populist blather than continuously flows from his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections