Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 12:01 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Trumps family life hasn't been something the media could report on much other than him and his wife's done an incredible job raising wonderful kids even after having a divorce and all kids seem to get along. That is not often the case.
You mean his three wives have done a decent job of raising their kids.

Hard to determine how wonderful they are as none have done anything other than work in the family business.

The two men seem a little odd. It might be the slicked back hair, but I am always reminded of the line about a Kinko somewhere missing their assistant manager.

However, I was touched by the story Marla's daughter told at the RNC about how her Dad called her when her friend died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Nonsense. Media LOVES keeping Donald Trump in this race, without a contest what would they have to talk about? They are tiptoeing around him rather than doing what journalists should, which is questioning the validity of the populist blather than continuously flows from his mouth.
Trump is a gold mine for the media.

But for the life of me, I don't know why they aren't calling him on at least some of this nonsense and name calling.

My heroine today is the Michigan minister who told him to to zip it.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:14 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
They are ceaseless and have worn me out.. But NOT changed my vote
Tickets to see Trump in Fort Myers is gone.. I got mine ..Trump rules.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:16 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

But for the life of me, I don't know why they aren't calling him on at least some of this nonsense and name calling.

A true set up.. she hates Trump. Posted her hate for him on facebook before Trump's visit.. she will burn.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:25 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

I think news media is afraid of him, he's been sending warning shots. Remember he threatened journalists and news media that spoke unfavorably against him, and was advocating restricting the freedom of the press to " 'open up our libel laws’ to punish publication of ‘purposely negative stories’ "

He is setting the stage for stifling the press, which is essential for any successful dictatorship.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:10 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Quote:
It seems the mainstream media and talk radio is at their wits end to try to get Trump out.

On the other side it will be interesting to see how the public will vote as I haven't heard of any Trump voter who changed their mind and the ones I know only have turned their channel to stop watching the garbage the so called "know it all" have to say.
Such BS. CNN for one, bends over backwards to give Trump equal time, defense and representation. And just because FOX News is funded by conservatives, doesn't mean it isn't mainstream, it's just completely partisan mainstream coverage.

Now if a conservative says talk radio (!!) is trying to get Trump out, he loses in a landslide.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:19 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
LOL

Old 09-15-2016, 02:00 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Such BS. CNN for one, bends over backwards to give Trump equal time, defense and representation. And just because FOX News is funded by conservatives, doesn't mean it isn't mainstream, it's just completely partisan mainstream coverage.

Now if a conservative says talk radio (!!) is trying to get Trump out, he loses in a landslide.
Dead on. In any other age, responsible journalists would be ignoring most of Trumps ridiculous statements, or at least challenging them. Not in this politically correct election.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:02 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
It seems the mainstream media and talk radio is at their wits end to try to get Trump out.

On the other side it will be interesting to see how the public will vote as I haven't heard of any Trump voter who changed their mind and the ones I know only have turned their channel to stop watching the garbage the so called "know it all" have to say.
I suppose this explains the necessity of the fundraisers. Bribes aren't cheap!

Leave the mainstream, Hillary owns them.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I suppose this explains the necessity of the fundraisers. Bribes aren't cheap!
Sort of surprised to read someone from the RW bring up bribes.

You do know that Trump just got caught bribing the Florida AG to drop the investigation into Trump U. It was in all the papers.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-15-2016 at 02:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections