Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 11:16 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Nine moments in the Sanders conversation left me agape. From his own plans for breaking up too-big-to-fail banks to how he would handle the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to dealing with the Islamic State, the man giving homegirl Hillary Clinton a run for her money seemed surprisingly out of his depth. The bold in the text is mine for emphasis.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ews-interview/

I'll actually call it 8, because that last one was a gotcha question to highlight that Bernie is not a subway-riding New Yorker. I'll concede that Hillary isn't a subway rider either, although my guess is that she is aware that tokens have been phased out in favor of a Metrocard.

But lighter moments aside, it was astonishing to me to read Bernie's replies, particularly about the centerpiece of his entire campaign, and to acknowledge that he has no real idea of how banks would actually be broken up and the legal implications of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 11:42 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I'll actually call it 8, because that last one was a gotcha question to highlight that Bernie is not a subway-riding New Yorker. I'll concede that Hillary isn't a subway rider either, although my guess is that she is aware that tokens have been phased out in favor of a Metrocard.

But lighter moments aside, it was astonishing to me to read Bernie's replies, particularly about the centerpiece of his entire campaign, and to acknowledge that he has no real idea of how banks would actually be broken up and the legal implications of that.
Jonathan Capehart huh??? I guess he is done questioning and being wrong about Bernie's civil rights record and now has moved on to a new angle to push his propaganda. BTW you do know that his husband has worked for Hillary and might still be a part of her campaign............

Old 04-05-2016, 11:47 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
well, I kind of agree with this comment on that website you linked

The difference between Sanders and other politicians is this: if he does not know the details he does not pretend to know. Fascinatingly, when Washington Post fellated Donald Trump at their board meeting, they asked no tough questions, and demanded no policy answers. Bernie did not go to Yale to learn Clintonese triple speak, or professional dissembling like MBA, GW Bush.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:54 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Jonathan Capehart huh??? I guess he is done questioning and being wrong about Bernie's civil rights record and now has moved on to a new angle to push his propaganda. BTW you do know that his husband has worked for Hillary and might still be a part of her campaign............
The quotes are the quotes. I read the full transcript of the interview and could have linked that instead, but this seemed like a more accessible piece.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/t...icle-1.2588306

As for your comments re: Jonathan Capehart's personal life - his Italian architect partner works for the Clinton campaign? Who knew??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I kind of agree with this comment on that website you linked

The difference between Sanders and other politicians is this: if he does not know the details he does not pretend to know. Fascinatingly, when Washington Post fellated Donald Trump at their board meeting, they asked no tough questions, and demanded no policy answers. Bernie did not go to Yale to learn Clintonese triple speak, or professional dissembling like MBA, GW Bush.
Yeah, no. If saying you are going to break up the big banks is the center piece of your campaign, it's not ok if you don't know how that actually gets done. And it's not ok to think that for someone running to be president, that as long as you say you don't know things it doesn't matter or that you have no obligation to educate yourself on whether the things you say you are going to do are even legally possible.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
The quotes are the quotes. I read the full transcript of the interview and could have linked that instead, but this seemed like a more accessible piece.

TRANSCRIPT: Bernie Sanders meets with News Editorial Board - NY Daily News

As for your comments re: Jonathan Capehart's personal life - his Italian architect partner works for the Clinton campaign? Who knew??

Yeah, no. If saying you are going to break up the big banks is the center piece of your campaign, it's not ok if you don't know how that actually gets done. And it's not ok to think that for someone running to be president, that as long as you say you don't know things it doesn't matter or that you have no obligation to educate yourself on whether the things you say you are going to do are even legally possible.
I don't think he has no knowledge about how to break up the big banks as you claimed. You are saying there are 9 things people don't know about sanders. In term of Israel, he is accurate about it.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
All of my fears about Sanders confirmed in one article. He has great speeches and absolutely no knowledge of how to accomplish ANY of them.

It's basically his life story.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:01 PM

He is an idealist, I think as a president, he can get something done, Like: he can kill the citizen united. But that is probably about it. Still better than Hillary Clinton.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/t...icle-1.2588306

Look Inside Jonathan Capehart and Nick Schmit's Home

The Washington Post's Jonathan Capehart and the State Department's Nick Schmit open their home for a look at how the dynamic duo dwells.

Look Inside Jonathan Capehart and Nick Schmit's Home

Nick Schmit | Clinton Foundation | ZoomInfo.com

Nick M. Schmit Wrong Nick M. Schmit?
Phone: (212) ***-****
Local Address: New York , United States
Clinton Foundation
1271 Avenue Of The Americas 42Nd Floor
New York , New York 10020
United States
Company Description: The Clinton Foundation builds partnerships of great purpose between businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals everywhere to deliver lasting solutions and... more
Background
Employment History
Finance
Office Of President William J. Clinton
Other People with this Name (2,285)
Other People with the name "Schmit":
Gary Schmit
Alan Wapner
Linda Schmit
Mars Incorporated
Jason Schmit
Summit Center
Alex Schmit
Red Robin
Shelly Schmit
Newman Catholic Foundation
Other ZoomInfo Searches
Other Employees at this Company (697)

Nice try.............

Old 04-05-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:

I was just wondering what is your opinion was on this video???? Third Way, Republican lite is not a party of the people, they are sellouts and traitors.

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...s-launder.html

Old 04-05-2016, 12:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
So . . ANY unflattering article about Bernie could not possibly be true, yes? Is this the argument you put forth?

Just like Bernie NEVER loses any state - it always STOLEN from him.

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

You are following a pied piper who has good ideas but hasn't the first damn clue as to how to make ANY OF THEM happen.

What his plan to deal with ISIS? Just focus on the BIG BANKS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections