Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 07:26 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Whatever t,

I don't care about the lottery
Ha, classic. My comparison was BS until I prove it real and now its irrelevant.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:28 PM

1,050 posts, read 698,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You can't have this both ways, you question why someone would assume he cant, but you are just assuming that he can. Completely illogical.
It's all right t, make your assumption of me too, It's fine by me

Old 04-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
It's all right t, make your assumption of me too, It's fine by me
Don't try and turn this into me making a personal attack or assuming something about you.

It's a straight up logical observation. You are assuming he can figure it out based on nothing, but you question those who assume he cant figure it out. You can't have that argument both ways.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Ha, classic. My comparison was BS until I prove it real and now its irrelevant.
Look, I'm not here to write a treatise...this is CD forum. I can choose how far I want to discuss this point.

There are many who disagree w/ you, many who don't, that's how it is, especially w/ such a heated contest/election as this

I don't think you're attacking me per se, but I don't have to get down in the muck w/ you to prove my own opinion in the matter to you--and neither do you.

It doesn't matter to me if you agree w/ me in the end

Old 04-05-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Look, I'm not here to write a treatise...this is CD forum. I can choose how far I want to discuss this point.

There are many who disagree w/ you, many who don't, that's how it is, especially w/ such a heated contest/election as this
Thats fair, I don't expect a full essay on it, but people need to stop pretending its some sort of given fact that Sanders can accomplish any of what he is talking about, these are HUGE sweeping changes that he just acts like getting elected POTUS will give him some magic want to make happen, and happen with no consequences.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Thats fair, I don't expect a full essay on it, but people need to stop pretending its some sort of given fact that Sanders can accomplish any of what he is talking about, these are HUGE sweeping changes that he just acts like getting elected POTUS will give him some magic want to make happen, and happen with no consequences.
Ok, but still for me because I trust him, I believe he can accomplish some of his goals, and no I don't think he has a magic wand--there is no magic, I agree

Old 04-05-2016, 07:41 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Quote:
Haha....so for the Sanders supporters, no plan = "he'll figure it out" but when it comes to Trump and his stupid wall, he has no idea what he is talking about and can never do it. Makes sense. Love the double standards...just goes to show both parties are pretty much the same mindless drivel just to try and trick people into voting for them based on absolutely nothing of substance...its all hype and emotion.
But really, what are they suppose to say? "You're all really screwed, capitalism will eventually strip America of the middle class with bad trade deals and corporate corruption? We will soon be at one with south America.

The truth won't win any elections my friend.

If you think about it, all they have is hope and dreams to run on.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:42 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Nope. He has said 1000 times that no president can do anything on his own. He is the only candidate who says this.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
But really, what are they suppose to say? "You're all really screwed, capitalism will eventually strip America of the middle class with bad trade deals and corporate corruption? We will soon be at one with south America.

The truth won't win any elections my friend.

If you think about it, all they have is hope and dreams to run on.
See, its not capitalism that is doing that, its our establishment government and group think voters that allow these things to happen. Some of the biggest issues out there (housing, education, banking, and health care) are also by definition the least capitalistic models out there, hence some of their failures and flat out ridiculous pricing models and outcomes.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nope. He has said 1000 times that no president can do anything on his own. He is the only candidate who says this.
Still doesn't make it right. He knows he cant accomplish most of this stuff period, on his own or with the help of an army of supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections