Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It's the Republicans playing games just like they did with Ron Paul. They think they can do it again and it will backfire on them.
Ron Paul was a totally different game. He had some support, but of course not enough to even begin to think "contested convention". I think most of us who have been following politics for years can see, there is no similarity in the 2 situations. A lot can happen between now and July but it is about time the Trump people open there eyes and realize he does not have the nomination anywhere near locked up. In 2012 the party was not behind Paul. In fact it was anyone other than Paul. Only his loyal supporters were behind him. This time the party is saying, anyone but Trump. This is a huge difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 05:50 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't think they are playing games. Their Notrump movement is very serious.
In the states that are extremely anti-gay, it is expected that Cruz would win. As we know, many Dems are trying to get Cruz the nomination because Cruz could not defeat Hillary or Bernie in the General Election. If the GOP loses the General Election again, they are done. A bad nominee takes out many of the GOP Senators and Representatives.

I also notice that Cruz does well in the more "white" states. As we know, generally when someone shows "hate" like he does against the gays, being at the rally where the minister was inciting the followers on the subject, they generally move on to blacks as the next group to use as their scapegoat.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:54 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
I disagree - what they did to Ron Paul's delegates at the convention is no different than the dirty politics they are playing now.

You double talk yourself - Party not behind Paul - Party is not behind Trump. Party is saying anyone but Trump - the party back then was saying anyone but Paul - there is no difference.

The party wants who the party wants - Rep or Dem makes no difference - but the voters can wreck havoc with the current situation in local, state, and state representation for years to come and will.

If either Trump or Bernie - honestly win and that nomination is taken away from them - it's third party no matter the election from now on until a third party gains enough support to challenge these two parties.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:59 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I disagree - what they did to Ron Paul's delegates at the convention is no different than the dirty politics they are playing now.

You double talk yourself - Party not behind Paul - Party is not behind Trump. Party is saying anyone but Trump - the party back then was saying anyone but Paul - there is no difference.

The party wants who the party wants - Rep or Dem makes no difference - but the voters can wreck havoc with the current situation in local, state, and state representation for years to come and will.

If either Trump or Bernie - honestly win and that nomination is taken away from them - it's third party no matter the election from now on until a third party gains enough support to challenge these two parties.
If were Trump, I'd be making alternative plans to run as an Independent. Any party that asks for a loyalty pledge from its candidates and then tries to undermine that loyalty by doing everything possible to destroy the front-runner deserves nothing more than to get lambasted in November. Everyone also knows that Kasich is just in the race for no other reason than to take delegates/votes away from Trump.

Ans I've said before .. if Trump is around 1100 to 1225 delegates and Cruz at 700 and Trump doesn't get the nomination, I'll be front and center leading exacting the #neverGOP movement at the ballot booth.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:04 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Here's how Wisconsin folks feel about who should get the nomination if there is a contested convention ...

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/stat...75077182046208
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections