Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 05:36 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Oh, you mean those black protesters that hate successful white men ?
No. I'm talking about Trump's supporters, some who have yelled some nasty stuff about Blacks or towards Blacks. Anyone protesting Trump, it has nothing to do with Trump being a "successful White man". I don't see Blacks going against Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, or Sanders. Just Trump, and Trump alone.

Based on picking out one part of my post tells me you support Trump. Ignoring the rest of my post tells me alot about your own agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 05:36 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What is a college grad supposed to look like?
Exactly, there are folks that run tech companies that wear jeans and t-shirts.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly, there are folks that run tech companies that wear jeans and t-shirts.
I'm guessing both of these ladies have degrees too who were at the rally. They certainly look educated to me, and I'd say non-White. Dispels this silly meme that only angry stupid white men support Trump.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...mo-xlarge2.jpg

Old 04-07-2016, 06:00 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm guessing both of these ladies have degrees too who were at the rally. They certainly look educated to me, and I'd say non-White. Dispels this silly meme that only angry stupid white men support Trump.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...mo-xlarge2.jpg
Waldo, it's called grasping at straws when their candidate is on life support and draws 12 people in the Bronx. He had more supporters at Scott Walker's house with the families of Ryan, Priebus, and his own.

New York values ...

Old 04-07-2016, 06:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezz View Post
I'm genuinely curious. Why over the other republican candidates?
Why do the uneducated and unemployed have such an affinity for Hillary?

Old 04-07-2016, 06:41 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezz View Post
I'm genuinely curious. Why over the other republican candidates?
Yes Jamezz another serious question.

How about because those individuals find themselves increasingly worse off year over year yet get nothing but lip service from mainstream politicians whilst they profess to care about them and their increasingly bleak looking futures.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:24 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Yes Jamezz another serious question.

How about because those individuals find themselves increasingly worse off year over year yet get nothing but lip service from mainstream politicians whilst they profess to care about them and their increasingly bleak looking futures.
And how do they know Trump is going to do any better?

Old 04-08-2016, 02:46 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Because lower educated White people are easily susceptible to the ol mantra of scary Brown people (aka "foreigners") stealing our jobs garbage.
So...if an illegal or a legal immigrant is performing a job like carpentry or dry wall that an American might otherwise do...an American hasn't been displaced from the job? (This doesn't just affect white folks, btw, minorities can also get displaced from jobs and job opportunities, too.)

Quote:
In reality their own lack of education is their downfall. They need to realize that the nature of employment has changed and you can't be middle class on a high school diploma alone anymore.
So, are you saying that if everyone went to college, there would be enough college-education-requiring jobs for all college graduates? In your view, is there such a thing as an unemployed or underemployed-involuntarily-out-of-field college graduate? If the number of engineers quadrupled, would the number of engineering jobs at currently-prevailing wage rates also quadruple?

The sad fact of the matter is that only 10-15% of all the jobs that need to be done actually require or make direct use of a four year college degree. Our nation needs solid jobs for of the 90-85% of the people who won't be working the college-education-requiring jobs.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Working class voters are supporting Trump because the Democrats have abandoned them, plain, and simple.
This article might be of interest to the people reading this thread:

Millions of ordinary Americans support Donald Trump. Here's why | Thomas Frank | Opinion | The Guardian

Radio interview with the author:

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2016/03/21/d...-2016-election

Old 04-08-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Globalization and automation. There will always be someplace cheaper than the US for factories and the like. We cannot punish businesses to stay in the US.
Well, no. But we can dramatically reduce immigration (a form of global labor arbitrage) and eliminate foreign work visas like the H-1B and L-1. Also, tariffs and other forms of trade protectionism can be implemented to the extent that they make economic and practical sense.

Quote:
At any rate people should strive for achieving higher education. Even just an Associates Degree from a 2 year community college will go further than a high school diploma.
Don't buy into higher education as being a magical panacea for our nation's fundamental economic problems. Saying, "We need more and better education" is just a convenient way for our politicians and pundits to avoid dealing with our real economic problems - such as whether or not the top 10% is getting more wealth than it's really earned at the expense of the lower 90%. We have no shortage of college graduates, even in STEM fields. Wasting more money on excess, unneeded higher education is only going to impoverish our country. Every time we produce a college graduate that ends up unemployed or underemployed-involuntarily-out-of-field, money has been wasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections