Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
your reasoning is sound but you don't take into account how difficult (or even impossible for some) it is to immigrate to the US ... I'm sure most people overstaying their visas wanting to come here legally first but then realized it is not possible 'cause the immigration laws are too strict, sometimes random and very frustrating for them. That's why an immigration reform is necessary, and why many republicans and of course most democrats wanted to pass an immigration reform two years ago or so. Everyone agrees that immigration laws are broken/stupid and need to be reformed. The consequence of stupid immigration laws is illegal immigration. Plain and simple. Make it fair and people will come legally, as long as the system is unfair people will have no problem breaking the law if the law is broken.
Just because it is hard does not make it ok to just ignore the laws.. if I fail my drivers license test and deem it was "too hard" should I just start driving without a license and expect if I get pulled over that nothing would happen? Or maybe I should steal clothes and decide its because they are just too expensive. Laws are laws and if you break them there has to be consequences otherwise we would not have civil order.
I am not saying immigration reform is not necessary, however, it does not make it ok to break the law. Until something is done, those are the laws. If they cannot respect that than what other laws will they not respect?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:54 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
But who will protect us from Ann Coulter?
Best post of the day!

Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Nope, it's like your paranoid right-wing imagination is running wild, or something.

Illegal immigrants have a crime rate BELOW the national average. This is fact.

Funny how Trump's supporters, hardly the best and brightest among us, complain about the lack of educational attainment among undocumented workers. I get a kick out of that.

You realize the irony in that statement I hope. Every illegal here is a criminal. There is a 100% crime rate for the illegals in this country.

The biggest losers as a result of your precious undocumented criminals is the black communities and the poorly educated. Those are the Americans that are pushed out of the job market by illegals coming to this country and keeping wages low because they take jobs away from US citizens.

Sorry pal, your bleeding heart is in the wrong place and calling people "right-wingers" doesn't change the fact that illegals are just that and they are destroying our economy by STEALING opportunity from American citizens.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:07 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
She always says something stupid to get attention. Move along, nothing to see here....

Old 04-07-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Just because it is hard does not make it ok to just ignore the laws.. if I fail my drivers license test and deem it was "too hard" should I just start driving without a license and expect if I get pulled over that nothing would happen? Or maybe I should steal clothes and decide its because they are just too expensive. Laws are laws and if you break them there has to be consequences otherwise we would not have civil order.
I am not saying immigration reform is not necessary, however, it does not make it ok to break the law. Until something is done, those are the laws. If they cannot respect that than what other laws will they not respect?
I like your idea. Can I claim to be a brain surgeon and when I am charged with a crime of practicing medicine with out a license, claim I am an "undocumented" doctor because medical school is so expensive and hard to get into??

Old 04-07-2016, 12:15 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I like your idea. Can I claim to be a brain surgeon and when I am charged with a crime of practicing medicine with out a license, claim I am an "undocumented" doctor because medical school is so expensive and hard to get into??
Exactly.. I am thinking my husband wasted 3 years in law school when he could have just said "too hard" and opened up a practice without a license! I mean if the licensing requirements are too hard why adhere to them.. Of course, since said licensing requirements are too hard there should be no punishment for not following them

Old 04-07-2016, 12:37 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
You realize the irony in that statement I hope. Every illegal here is a criminal. There is a 100% crime rate for the illegals in this country.

The biggest losers as a result of your precious undocumented criminals is the black communities and the poorly educated. Those are the Americans that are pushed out of the job market by illegals coming to this country and keeping wages low because they take jobs away from US citizens.

Sorry pal, your bleeding heart is in the wrong place and calling people "right-wingers" doesn't change the fact that illegals are just that and they are destroying our economy by STEALING opportunity from American citizens.

Funny, how the one you are replying to didn't provide a link to his claims that illegal aliens (not undocumented) have lower crime rates, isn't it? I did read something like this before and illegal aliens (not undocumented) were included in the legal immigrant crime rates. They were lumped altogether so not credible. Yeah, supposedly anyone who objects to illegal immigration is a "right winger" and even if that were true then I commend "right wingers".

Old 04-07-2016, 12:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:

Clearly I was referring to violent crimes.

Illegally entering the US = not a violent crime. Why is this so difficult for conservatives to understand?

I already posted a poll that shows most Americans favor a path to citizenship, and that includes a small majority of conservatives. I'm not the only bleeding heart around here.

The agriculture and construction industries are currently experiencing labor SHORTAGES, so feel free to tell these poorly educated American citizens that they're more than capable of turning their lifelong dreams of picking fruit under a blazing sun into reality. If they want.

The Construction Labor Shortage: Where Did All the Skilled Labor Go? - News from Tradesmen International

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 04-07-2016 at 02:06 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 12:58 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Farmers complain of worker shortages | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

Quote:
Agricultural experts say a strengthened economy and declining birthrates in Mexico, greater difficulty crossing the border and aging farm worker populations have also contributed to a steep decline in workers.

U.S.-born workers have historically been reluctant to do the job, they said.
Why aren't American citizens filling the void? I thought they desperately needed work in Obama's "disastrous" economy? I thought this was a primo career path illegal immigrants were hogging up?

Old 04-07-2016, 02:04 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If the rape and sexual assault rates currently prevalent at American colleges are any example, many of those pampered 1st world suburbanites are doing their part to contribute to "rape culture."

But of course, it is always easier to point to fingers elsewhere than it is to try to deal with the problems of their own making in their own backyards.
Wow...just...wow.

No one is saying that no Americans are rapists.

And when illegals come here and rape people, yeah, it becomes our problem.

Your post comes off like you're saying that just because there are Americans who commit rapes, no one should ever complain when illegals come here and do the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections