Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Clearly I was referring to violent crimes.

Illegally entering the US = not a violent crime. Why is this so difficult for conservatives to understand?

I already posted a poll that shows most Americans favor a path to citizenship, and that includes a small majority of conservatives. I'm not the only bleeding heart around here.

The agriculture and construction industries are currently experiencing labor SHORTAGES, so feel free to tell these poorly educated American citizens that they're more than capable of turning their lifelong dreams of picking fruit under a blazing sun into reality. If they want.

The Construction Labor Shortage: Where Did All the Skilled Labor Go? - News from Tradesmen International
So wages need to go UP to attract Americans and legal aliens to do the work, is that a problem for you? It ain't for me.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:10 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,619 times
Quote:
Clearly I was referring to violent crimes.

Illegally entering the US = not a violent crime. Why is this so difficult for conservatives to understand?

I already posted a poll that shows most Americans favor a path to citizenship, and that includes a small majority of conservatives. I'm not the only bleeding heart around here.

The agriculture and construction industries are currently experiencing labor SHORTAGES, so feel free to tell these poorly educated American citizens that they're more than capable of turning their lifelong dreams of picking fruit under a blazing sun into reality. If they want.

The Construction Labor Shortage: Where Did All the Skilled Labor Go? - News from Tradesmen International

Clearly you failed to be clear. AND conservatives have no problem understanding that the type of crime does not change the fact that a person is a criminal.

Stealing a loaf of bread because you are hungry or stealing nail polish for fun are both STEALING.

Bleeding hearts like you think laws only apply to based on circumstances of the criminal, but this nation was founded on the principle that we are a nation of law not of men and that the law applies EQUALLY to all people in this country. If you are here illegally, you are a criminal.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:15 PM

62,909 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Just more BS by you know who in here. Just because entering our country illegally isn't a violent crime it still makes it illegal to do so and that's only their initial unlawful act. No, most Americans do not want a path to citizenship for illegal aliens. Polls can be skewered to get the desired results.

There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign ag workers so where's the shortage? Of course most Americans won't pick crops for a living, duh. There is no reason to hire illegals to pick crops with these unlimited visas available except for pure greed on the part of the growers. There is no shortage of Americans willing to do construction work for a fair wage either. Who do you think worked construction until the arrival of millions of cheap, illegal aliens who flooded that industry? Somebody needs to stop spreading their lies and BS in here.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I like your idea. Can I claim to be a brain surgeon and when I am charged with a crime of practicing medicine with out a license, claim I am an "undocumented" doctor because medical school is so expensive and hard to get into??
That is so vicious and without foundation . . . . . Dr. Carson is a nice guy, leave him alone unless you have some hard proof. Thank you.

Mick

Old 04-07-2016, 03:21 PM

62,909 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Wow...just...wow.

No one is saying that no Americans are rapists.

And when illegals come here and rape people, yeah, it becomes our problem.

Your post comes off like you're saying that just because there are Americans who commit rapes, no one should ever complain when illegals come here and do the same thing.

You're right, and another dumb argument that the pro-illegals make it that since Americans get traffic tickets or are collecting welfare they shouldn't be complaining about illegals coming to our country or any of them dipping into our tax coffers also. It's the epitamy of ridiculous arguments.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:27 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Hmm, don't legal and illegal immigrants both come from the "rape culture" of South America? Or is there a rape cleansing aspect of obtaining a valid visa or green card?

Mick

Old 04-07-2016, 03:42 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hmm, don't legal and illegal immigrants both come from the "rape culture" of South America? Or is there a rape cleansing aspect of obtaining a valid visa or green card?

Mick
No rape cleansing but if they have ever been convicted of rape or any crime they most likely will not be issued a visa or green card. Nice and simple.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:58 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Clearly you failed to be clear. AND conservatives have no problem understanding that the type of crime does not change the fact that a person is a criminal.

Stealing a loaf of bread because you are hungry or stealing nail polish for fun are both STEALING.

Bleeding hearts like you think laws only apply to based on circumstances of the criminal, but this nation was founded on the principle that we are a nation of law not of men and that the law applies EQUALLY to all people in this country. If you are here illegally, you are a criminal.
No, it was pretty clear, you just choose to equate illegal immigration with more serious crimes in order to hop on your moral high horse and admonish undocumented workers. It's pathetic, and very few buy into the notion that it's a horrible crime against humanity. Not in 2016, anyway.

Last I checked, entering this country, working for peanuts, while taking on jobs Americans obviously aren't willing to do =/= stealing. Even that comparison fails.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:59 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That is so vicious and without foundation . . . . . Dr. Carson is a nice guy, leave him alone unless you have some hard proof. Thank you.

Mick
Carson has lost nice guy status by throwing in with Sleazy Don for a promise of a position and then doubling down and defending Sleazy Don's campaign thug.

You judge a person by whom he surrounds himself with and Carson made a truly epic poor decision!!!

Old 04-07-2016, 04:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:

Last I checked, entering this country, working for peanuts, while taking on jobs Americans obviously aren't willing to do =/= stealing. Even that comparison fails.
If you enter illegally, then yes it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections