Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:07 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just more BS by you know who in here. Just because entering our country illegally isn't a violent crime it still makes it illegal to do so and that's only their initial unlawful act. No, most Americans do not want a path to citizenship for illegal aliens. Polls can be skewered to get the desired results.

There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign ag workers so where's the shortage? Of course most Americans won't pick crops for a living, duh. There is no reason to hire illegals to pick crops with these unlimited visas available except for pure greed on the part of the growers. There is no shortage of Americans willing to do construction work for a fair wage either. Who do you think worked construction until the arrival of millions of cheap, illegal aliens who flooded that industry? Somebody needs to stop spreading their lies and BS in here.
Haha, the unscrewed polls showed Romney actually won the 2012 election, don'cha know?

Always the same tired argument whenever the polls don't match your worldview. Get new material and step out of the right-wing bubble, seriously:
Survey: Wide Support for Citizenship Path for Immigrants Here Illegally - NBC News

Quote:
In the months that GOP presidential candidates jockeyed to have the toughest stances on illegal immigration, a survey of thousands of Americans found that six in 10 supported a pathway to citizenship for immigrants illegally in the U.S.

The survey by the Public Religion Research Institute conducted between late April 2015 and early January of this year, found that just 19 percent of people queried thought immigrants here illegally should be identified and deported, a centerpiece of GOP frontrunner Donald Trump's campaign.
This poll is consistent with others on the subject. A solid majority favor a path to citizenship. They do NOT favor mass deportations and expensive boondoggles in the middle of the desert.

There's a reason why Trump can't crack 40% GOP support in California, a border state with millions of illegal immigrants. Illegal immigration simply isn't the code red crisis hardcore right-wingers want it out to be. Sorry.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You realize the irony in that statement I hope. Every illegal here is a criminal. There is a 100% crime rate for the illegals in this country.
And every one who hires them, the reason they come to this country, is a criminal too who usually just pays a fine that gets written off as the cost of doing business. Start putting them in jail and watch how quickly the flow of illegals stops.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you enter illegally, then yes it is.
Which is why a solid majority of Americans wish to punish the "criminals" with a path to citizenship.

Sorry Donald & Anne, your scapegoat tactics are falling on death ears. Scumbags.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 PM

5,044 posts, read 7,419,654 times
Once again it never ceases to amaze me that Americans think illegal immigration is the fault of the immigrant and hold themselves blameless, forgetting the millions of American employers eager to hire them. This problem wouldn't exist if Americans weren't greedy for cheap labor. Americans are addicted to Mexican labor.

It's like blaming the drug lords for bringing in drugs. "Damn those Mexicans who got me hooked on drugs." Yeah, right. Americans NEVER see how they themselves contribute to social problems. Always someone else's fault. Typical of addicts.

Focus on the demand, not the supply.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I love when pampered 1st world suburbanites rag on undocumented workers for being "lawless criminals". Walk a mile in their shoes, living a life in TRUE poverty, then talk.

Living in Los Angeles, I interact with illegal immigrants constantlly. Frankly, I value their contributions to society far more than lowlives like Donald Trump and Ann Coulter.

Get real, many Americans know what poverty is. The illegal guy in my New Jersey neighborhood just built a five bedroom home and probably sells drugs because he goes in and out all night long. He says he works parking cars at a hospital.. He bought a house for $280 thousand , ripped it down and built a huge home.. two decks, 2800 sq ft with a large lot. Buys two new cars every year.. built it @ 5 years ago.

They buy the best, 65 thousand dollar trucks are the norm because their women have many kids and their cost of living is zero because the government feeds them and houses them and gets free medical..

I was brought up to work and take nothing from the government. It was considered a plague to be on assistance. One just struggled and worked to make ends meet and most of the time did without. You know nothing.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Which is why a solid majority of Americans wish to punish the "criminals" with a path to citizenship.

Sorry Donald & Anne, your scapegoat tactics are falling on death ears. Scumbags.
You got it backwards there: illegal alien fans ARE the bad people who NEED to be locked up and I'm tossing crooked employers in there, too.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Once again it never ceases to amaze me that Americans think illegal immigration is the fault of the immigrant and hold themselves blameless, forgetting the millions of American employers eager to hire them. This problem wouldn't exist if Americans weren't greedy for cheap labor. Americans are addicted to Mexican labor.

It's like blaming the drug lords for bringing in drugs. "Damn those Mexicans who got me hooked on drugs." Yeah, right. Americans NEVER see how they themselves contribute to social problems. Always someone else's fault. Typical of addicts.

Focus on the demand, not the supply.
I remember years ago, Hazeltown, a town in PA wanted to restrict the amount of illegals that were flooding in... the federal government fought against it.. they wanted to restrict them from being about to rent housing. They were stopped ... This article is from 2006 and they were overrun by illegals..

Welcome To Hazleton - CBS News

Old 04-07-2016, 05:34 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get real, many Americans know what poverty is. The illegal guy in my New Jersey neighborhood just built a five bedroom home and probably sells drugs because he goes in and out all night long. He says he works parking cars at a hospital.. He bought a house for $280 thousand , ripped it down and built a huge home.. two decks, 2800 sq ft with a large lot. Buys two new cars every year.. built it @ 5 years ago.

They buy the best, 65 thousand dollar trucks are the norm because their women have many kids and their cost of living is zero because the government feeds them and houses them and gets free medical..

I was brought up to work and take nothing from the government. It was considered a plague to be on assistance. One just struggled and worked to make ends meet and most of the time did without. You know nothing.
We have the same kind here. They are doing well. My cleaning lady gets 28 dollars an hour. My father picked up one to help move furniture and paid 300 for 6 hours plus lunch. Again, all tax free.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:43 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
We have the same kind here. They are doing well. My cleaning lady gets 28 dollars an hour. My father picked up one to help move furniture and paid 300 for 6 hours plus lunch. Again, all tax free.
Just curious...WHY are you hiring illegal aliens?

Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 PM

Apparently, the illegals are making $30/hr tax free and driving $60k cars now.

Sell crazy somewhere else, Trumpettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections