Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:07 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Apparently, the illegals are making $30/hr tax free and driving $60k cars now.

Sell crazy somewhere else, Trumpettes.
Not trying to sell you anything. You have no idea who I would vote for. Where did you learn to call people childish nicknames? Trump 101? I pay my cleaning lady 80 bucks cash a week to clean from 8-11. That's a fact. Then she goes to my parents and makes 90 dollars for 3 hours work. Another fact. Again, those are facts not opinions. Do not get dizzy rolling your eyes for nothing.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Just curious...WHY are you hiring illegal aliens?
Honestly, she had good references. I never asked if she was legal or not. Do not feel it was my place. Either way, she needs to work. I found out after she had been coming for over a year. She is learning English and just started paperwork to get a green card.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:27 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Once again it never ceases to amaze me that Americans think illegal immigration is the fault of the immigrant and hold themselves blameless, forgetting the millions of American employers eager to hire them. This problem wouldn't exist if Americans weren't greedy for cheap labor. Americans are addicted to Mexican labor.

It's like blaming the drug lords for bringing in drugs. "Damn those Mexicans who got me hooked on drugs." Yeah, right. Americans NEVER see how they themselves contribute to social problems. Always someone else's fault. Typical of addicts.

Focus on the demand, not the supply.

Where are you getting the notion that Americans don't blame the employers also? Are you new to this forum and this issue? Over and over again the greed of the employers has been mentioned and that they should be punished severely for hiring illegal aliens. The fact is though that they and their illegal workers are equally guilty. Americans are addicted to cheap, illegal Mexican labor? Stereotyping, much? I hate to burst your bubble but most Americans do not hire illegal aliens. No, we should focus on both the demand and supply since both parties are guilty of breaking the law.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And every one who hires them, the reason they come to this country, is a criminal too who usually just pays a fine that gets written off as the cost of doing business. Start putting them in jail and watch how quickly the flow of illegals stops.

The problem is that a business owner has to be proven of "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens. Many times it is those doing the hiring under them that are guilty and illegals present very authentic looking fake documents to gain employment. That's why e-verify should be mandated in every workplace. Obama stopped the workplace raids that Bush implemented also. With the hands off approach that Obama has towards illegal aliens the business owners have nothing to lose. The most guilty in all of this is our government for not enforcing our immigration laws in the first place.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Honestly, she had good references. I never asked if she was legal or not. Do not feel it was my place. Either way, she needs to work. I found out after she had been coming for over a year. She is learning English and just started paperwork to get a green card.
It most certainly is your "place" to ask if she is here legally. If she's not here legally, then I doubt that she is licensed, bonded and insured. You should check the laws in NY state. In my state if you hire someone who isn't licensed, bonded and insured and they get injured on your property, your homeowners' insurance won't cover it. You can bet that if she is illegal and gets injured, she will sue. Doubt it? There are plenty of advocacy groups who will gladly provide pro bono lawyers for illegals. She "just started paperwork to get a green card"---does she have a temporary visa that allows her to legally work in the country?

Same thing with your father picking up an illegal to help him move. Do you know that there have been people who have been robbed, even killed, because they picked up some illegal and brought them to their home. About 10 years ago, in Westchester County (Brewster, I believe) an elderly woman hired a company to power wash her house. Unbeknownst to her, that company picked up illegals off a street corner and brought them to her house. One of the illegals, instead of doing the power washing, broke into the house and murdered the woman.

It amazes me that the same people who would never pick up a hitchhiker have no problems picking up some random illegal and bringing them to their home.

BTW, when we hire a company to work on their property, we do ask if their employees are legally authorized to work in this country. If any company is insulted and acts defensive, well too bad!

Old 04-07-2016, 06:41 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Not trying to sell you anything. You have no idea who I would vote for. Where did you learn to call people childish nicknames? Trump 101? I pay my cleaning lady 80 bucks cash a week to clean from 8-11. That's a fact. Then she goes to my parents and makes 90 dollars for 3 hours work. Another fact. Again, those are facts not opinions. Do not get dizzy rolling your eyes for nothing.
Why do you pay her less than your parents? Just curious.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:41 PM

What are these so-called jobs that Americans won't do and please don't bring up crop picking as there are unlimited visas for "legal", foreign crop pickers. Since illegals are willing to work for peanuts (which is a labor violation) they are competing unfairly with our own citizens for jobs and yes those who hire them are just as guilty. They don't even have a right to work in this country. What part of that aren't some getting? From what I am reading in here there are those who don't give a damn about the American worker who does have a right to reside and work in this country. What a corrupt and hateful mindset! Disgusting!

Old 04-07-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Why do you pay her less than your parents? Just curious.
My parents one more bathroom than I do so she charges her more.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get real, many Americans know what poverty is. The illegal guy in my New Jersey neighborhood just built a five bedroom home and probably sells drugs because he goes in and out all night long. He says he works parking cars at a hospital.. He bought a house for $280 thousand , ripped it down and built a huge home.. two decks, 2800 sq ft with a large lot. Buys two new cars every year.. built it @ 5 years ago.

They buy the best, 65 thousand dollar trucks are the norm because their women have many kids and their cost of living is zero because the government feeds them and houses them and gets free medical..

I was brought up to work and take nothing from the government. It was considered a plague to be on assistance. One just struggled and worked to make ends meet and most of the time did without. You know nothing.
How do you know his immigration status?

Have you reported your suspicions to ICE? Or local law enforcement?

Old 04-07-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It most certainly is your "place" to ask if she is here legally. If she's not here legally, then I doubt that she is licensed, bonded and insured. You should check the laws in NY state. In my state if you hire someone who isn't licensed, bonded and insured and they get injured on your property, your homeowners' insurance won't cover it. You can bet that if she is illegal and gets injured, she will sue. Doubt it? There are plenty of advocacy groups who will gladly provide pro bono lawyers for illegals. She "just started paperwork to get a green card"---does she have a temporary visa that allows her to legally work in the country?

Same thing with your father picking up an illegal to help him move. Do you know that there have been people who have been robbed, even killed, because they picked up some illegal and brought them to their home. About 10 years ago, in Westchester County (Brewster, I believe) an elderly woman hired a company to power wash her house. Unbeknownst to her, that company picked up illegals off a street corner and brought them to her house. One of the illegals, instead of doing the power washing, broke into the house and murdered the woman.

It amazes me that the same people who would never pick up a hitchhiker have no problems picking up some random illegal and bringing them to their home.

BTW, when we hire a company to work on their property, we do ask if their employees are legally authorized to work in this country. If any company is insulted and acts defensive, well too bad!
My father had never picked up a day laborer before. He was with two friends and they needed extra help. It is dangerous and I agree with all you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections