Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

I'm going with, they like to barbecue and have a big lawn on which to run around and bark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 06:17 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm going with, they like to barbecue and have a big lawn on which to run around and bark.
Lots of extra spots for email servers ...

Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Many areas near NYC are well below 50% white, but the Clintons decided to live in Chappaqua which is 91% white and ranks 42nd in median household income. Why do they avoid living near less wealthy and minorities when their speeches would suggest otherwise?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chap...k#Demographics
Is this a serious question?

Here are some multiple choice questions that may help you understand this. I feel this is better, in case your serious, as it will help you think a bit and draw your own conclusion.

(disclaimer- I am not a Hillary supporter and would never ever vote for her.)

1. Hillary Clinton's financial situation could best be described as ?

a. Middle Class
b. Poor...like Bernie Sanders poor.
c. Well off..upper class
d. Wealthy...very wealthy...as in the 1% club wealthy.

2. Wealthy people like living _______?

a. in the ghetto
b alone on a mountain
c. in a typical suburb
d in a private community with other wealthy people

3. Affluent neighborhoods are typically inhabited by ____?

a. a mythical utopian myth of racial equality
b. same as any typical place
c. racial makeup of people that represent the national avg
d. >90% White

4 To get people to vote for them, politicians ____?

a. argue their view points and try to get you to change your mind
b. attack you personally to force you to change your mind
c. say whatever the truth is and let the chips fall where they may
d. lie, cheat, steal and tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get your vote and get elected.

Answers.
d, d, d, d

If you realized this then you would realize how meaningless your question is. Despite her i love all color people and poor people (while she snaps a pic serving in a soup kitchen she didn't know existed) deep down she is just like most all politicians. A liar.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:31 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
. . . . . I bet you million dollars that none of Mr. Trump, Sen. Cruz, Gov. Kasich or Sen. Sanders live in a ghetto, oops, I mean, a highly diverse and integrated neighborhood.
Mick
Marco Rubio's neighborhood isn't diverse either... except it's 90% hispanic, 89% speak Spanish at home. Median household income is $37,000 / year; lower than the US average

http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/tab...215/1276525,00

Old 04-07-2016, 08:39 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
. . . . . I bet you million dollars that none of Mr. Trump, Sen. Cruz, Gov. Kasich or Sen. Sanders live in a ghetto, oops, I mean, a highly diverse and integrated neighborhood.

I mean, look at how Bernie fled from highly diverse Brooklyn to lily white Vermont! The entire state looks like snow from space! Why, why, why? This exercise is silly, eh?

Mick
Bernie Sanders left Brooklyn when it was mostly white. His stated reason for moving to Vermont (can't remember the link) was being he wanted to live in a rural environment rather than a crowded big city. He always liked escaping the city to the Catskills as a kid.

The neighborhood Bernie Sanders grew up in is still mostly white, heavily Orthodox Jewish today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
LOL I do live in a very diverse neighborhood. Would rather live in a whiter area, though. I'm honest about that. You can bet the Clintons wouldn't admit that. They could easily have rented a place in the city at Trump Tower and nobody would blame them, but they did some kind of laser search for the whitest area around where they could avoid NYC tax too.
They're living in one of the richest suburbs of NYC. You could easily say they did a laser search for the richest suburb they could find.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:57 AM

72 posts, read 108,232 times
I drove by their house, for curiousity and walked around the downtown of her community. It's really nice and anyone with money would be a fool to not want to live in a town like that.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:58 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
White liberals prefer not having to like around minorities.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my post View Post
I drove by their house, for curiousity and walked around the downtown of her community. It's really nice and anyone with money would be a fool to not want to live in a town like that.
I live near Chappaqua. It is a very nice town. Cannot blame them at all. They also needed plenty of land for security purposes and land does not come cheap in Westchester County.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:32 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I live near Chappaqua. It is a very nice town. Cannot blame them at all. They also needed plenty of land for security purposes and land does not come cheap in Westchester County.
Lisa - can you please drive by the estate and snap some pics of the illegal out grooming the estate ?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:50 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Lisa - can you please drive by the estate and snap some pics of the illegal out grooming the estate ?
You cant see anything from the road. It is set back and surrounded by a big white "fence" which is more like a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections