Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 01:18 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
it's official - dexter is a plant for LION ted cruz.

Dexter, do you know that san francisco is a sanctuary city ? You know .. Where kate steinle was murdered.
And do tell us what a true republican is and provide an example ...
fify

Old 04-08-2016, 01:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's the hypocrite part that brings down Sanctimonious Ted. NY values are no good but NY money for Ted Cruz is just fine.

Your reference to sanctimony is just projection. Maybe you should do some introspection work.

Ted Cruz has NEVER been sanctimonious and I defy to you to prove otherwise.

Just because he lives his faith and that bothers YOU, it doesn't make him sanctimonious, it makes you judgmental.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:40 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post

Just because he lives his faith ...
Really?

Old 04-08-2016, 02:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
B New York Daily News@NYDailyNews [SIZE=2]1h1 hour ago[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
Today's front page... TAKE THE F U TRAIN, TED. @TedCruz jeered in bungled Bronx tour: http://nydn.us/1SeW06q pic.twitter.com/ECax7A91Pc

Bravo for the people of New York!! This has been a long time coming!!!
Don't take things like this too seriously: I am sure the candidates don't.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I have about 20 family members that live up in the Catskills, NY and they do not feel that way. They took offense to it also and they call themselves Republicans. I must disclose that they all moved up there years ago from downstate so maybe that is why.
Pretty safe bet.

Also, there's a difference between a Republican and a Conservative. Most Conservatives are Republican, but not all Republicans are Conservative. I'm betting your relatives could only support a Republican like Kasich.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I have about 20 family members that live up in the Catskills, NY and they do not feel that way. They took offense to it also and they call themselves Republicans. I must disclose that they all moved up there years ago from downstate so maybe that is why.
I like WhipperSnapper believe that is true. I am from downstate but spent summers in the Oneota/Cooperstown area. I must say that they are a little more conservative than city liberal (even to an extent Long Island with their Rockefeller Republicans though they feared (city liberal) Democrats.) For your family moving out, I tend to think it is you can't just drop political views upon moving (I know this first hand with the Arizona Republicans vs. Long Island Republicans.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Pretty safe bet.

Also, there's a difference between a Republican and a Conservative. Most Conservatives are Republican, but not all Republicans are Conservative. I'm betting your relatives could only support a Republican like Kasich.
There was a time when Conservatism was just a segment of Republican, especially in New York where you have far more liberal leaning Republicans. Hell, just look at Dewey and Rockefeller, they were famous for being non-Conservative New York Republicans. The majority of Republicans especially downstate are these Rockefeller type Republicans. Peter King, perfect example. The issue is Upstate NY is getting more and more traditionally conservative than the New York Rockefeller prototype.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Lyin' Ted's New York values comment coming home to roost

Cruz has a whole flock of chickens that should be roosting all over him.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:26 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Cruz has a whole flock of chickens that should be roosting all over him.
C'mon Gringo, you usually have a pic. Don't let us down.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I like WhipperSnapper believe that is true. I am from downstate but spent summers in the Oneota/Cooperstown area. I must say that they are a little more conservative than city liberal (even to an extent Long Island with their Rockefeller Republicans though they feared (city liberal) Democrats.) For your family moving out, I tend to think it is you can't just drop political views upon moving (I know this first hand with the Arizona Republicans vs. Long Island Republicans.)

There was a time when Conservatism was just a segment of Republican, especially in New York where you have far more liberal leaning Republicans. Hell, just look at Dewey and Rockefeller, they were famous for being non-Conservative New York Republicans. The majority of Republicans especially downstate are these Rockefeller type Republicans. Peter King, perfect example. The issue is Upstate NY is getting more and more traditionally conservative than the New York Rockefeller prototype.
Yep...

I'm betting Cruz's comments offended a lot more downstate Republicans { who wouldn't support a Conservative like Cruz anyway } than upstate Republicans, with whom the comments probably resonated.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Well, now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
C'mon Gringo, you usually have a pic. Don't let us down.

I'd hate to disappoint...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections