Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:07 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I don't think so....And is this why Clinton gradually starts to offer the same things he does?

You're calling names, that's what it boils down to.

And it has nothing to do w/ respecting viewpoints and considering possibilities--just intimidation and hatred
No, name calling is not what this is. I believe the man is lying about most of his platform, plain and simple. You are more than welcome (as is anyone else) to have whatever viewpoint you want, as I'm allowed to call out that the man seems very dishonest to me.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
No, name calling is not what this is. I believe the man is lying about most of his platform, plain and simple. You are more than welcome (as is anyone else) to have whatever viewpoint you want, as I'm allowed to call out that the man seems very dishonest to me.

There is substantial support for Bernie, and for good reason.

If you want to reduce him to "sheer, absolute dishonesty" so be it

Old 04-07-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Yes, substantial support because he knows how to lie to people who are unfortunately in bad situations to tug at their heart strings and take advantage of them to try and get their votes.

Also, when you put "sheer, absolute dishonesty" in quotes like that, you are implying that is what I said, and this is not the case. I believe in some things he says, but the three I called out (health care, tuition, and minimum wage) are what I believe he lies about.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, substantial support because he knows how to lie to people who are unfortunately in bad situations to tug at their heart strings and take advantage of them to try and get their votes.

Also, when you put "sheer, absolute dishonesty" in quotes like that, you are implying that is what I said, and this is not the case. I believe in some things he says, but the three I called out (health care, tuition, and minimum wage) are what I believe he lies about.
Ok, so paraphrasing doesn't need quotes.

We are definitely a wealthy enough nation to provide affordable, quality medical care, free public college tuition to those who do well in k-12, and a better living wage

Nothing terribly remarkable to accomplish here in the 21st century, pretty basic stuff

Old 04-07-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Ok, so paraphrasing doesn't need quotes.

We are definitely a wealthy enough nation to provide affordable, quality medical care, free public college tuition to those who do well in k-12, and a better living wage
No, but paraphrasing does require accuracy, which you did not have either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._external_debt

Are you sure about us being a "wealthy enough" nation? The US by far carries the largest debt in the world ($19T).

And who says that "providing affordable medical care" or free public college tuition, are actually smart long term investments. Why don't we start by fixing the pricing issues in health care instead of trying to build a system that continues the smoke and mirrors of what things actually cost? And really, do we need to encourage every human in this country to go to college by making tuition free? Its the wrong path for many and doing this will just encourage it.

As for a "better living wage" thats just a joke. That has nothing to do with how wealthy we are as a nation, it has to do with the success of each individual business and what they can afford. A "livable wage" opens so many cans of worms its not even funny. It would be virtually impossible to implement, nor should it be.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:37 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Yes, Bernie who just lied about words that Hillary Clinton never said as an excuse to attack her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ncy/?tid=sm_fb

And of course who also flat out lied about having released his tax returns.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...eturns-compar/

And meanwhile, Hillary has been deemed the most honest of all the candidates.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ntial-candida/

Old 04-07-2016, 10:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, Bernie who just lied about words that Hillary Clinton never said as an excuse to attack her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ncy/?tid=sm_fb

And of course who also flat out lied about having released his tax returns.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...eturns-compar/

And meanwhile, Hillary has been deemed the most honest of all the candidates.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ntial-candida/
And meanwhile, in her statements today, she reinforced her willingness to support Bernie should he be the candidate while HIS campaign doubled down on their assertion that she is unqualified.

Not smart, Bernie, not smart.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
No, but paraphrasing does require accuracy, which you did not have either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._external_debt

Are you sure about us being a "wealthy enough" nation? The US by far carries the largest debt in the world ($19T).

And who says that "providing affordable medical care" or free public college tuition, are actually smart long term investments. Why don't we start by fixing the pricing issues in health care instead of trying to build a system that continues the smoke and mirrors of what things actually cost? And really, do we need to encourage every human in this country to go to college by making tuition free? Its the wrong path for many and doing this will just encourage it.

As for a "better living wage" thats just a joke. That has nothing to do with how wealthy we are as a nation, it has to do with the success of each individual business and what they can afford. A "livable wage" opens so many cans of worms its not even funny. It would be virtually impossible to implement, nor should it be.
I did paraphrase you--you said he was lying. My quoted words mean the same as someone saying another is lying, not anything else

Old 04-07-2016, 10:47 AM

Those who do well academically are good candidates for college and prospective students need to counseled about marketable degrees. There are finer points to hash out and a CD post isn't sufficient

Old 04-07-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:
I did paraphrase you--you said he was lying. My quoted words mean the same as someone saying anopther is lying, not anything else
The words "sheer and absolute" mean I think he never speaks a word of truth, which is mis-characterizing what I said, I was very clear about the three major things I think he lies about, not 100% of everything he says, although a lot of it since they are major pillars of his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections