Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Bernie lies when he says he won't tax the middle class. That's a lie.
and speaking of taxes, Bernie lies when he claims he's released his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...l-tax-returns/

But of course the BernieBots can't admit that he's less than 100% truthful on anything despite example after example. Why would they admit that he's less than truthful about his proposals adding up? They don't seem to care whether what he says is true or not - just like Trump supporters, sadly enough.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:26 PM

1,050 posts, read 698,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Bernie lies when he says he won't tax the middle class. That's a lie.
Every class gets taxed. Every class will always get taxed.

If you're referring to his statements on health care, he's expressing the fact that we'll get more for our money and not pay more than we are now.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:45 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Every class gets taxed. Every class will always get taxed.

If you're referring to his statements on health care, he's expressing the fact that we'll get more for our money and not pay more than we are now.
Oh, just like how if we like our doctor we can keep our doctor?

I already went through this with someone on here and based on actual facts / numbers in his plan, I'll end up paying significantly more for my health care if his plan is implemented. At best it MIGHT be equal coverage, in reality it probably won't be as good.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:03 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Snap of her twitter says it all.

https://i.imgur.com/l9aDPnR.jpg

Not the first and will not be the last time even when Hillary is President relaxing with Bill in the White House.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:25 PM

1,050 posts, read 698,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Oh, just like how if we like our doctor we can keep our doctor?

I already went through this with someone on here and based on actual facts / numbers in his plan, I'll end up paying significantly more for my health care if his plan is implemented. At best it MIGHT be equal coverage, in reality it probably won't be as good.
I don't, nor do I want to know, your income and health insurance plan.

But a lot of us regular, plain jo and jane schmo citizens would like coverage we can actually use

Old 04-07-2016, 04:29 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Yeah, Bernie who panders for votes by promising handouts like free health care, free tuition, and $15/hr minimum wage, none of which he can actually accomplish. So noble of him to lie to try and get votes.
Sanders has not promised free health care - he's promised to remove the parasitic insurance companies as a non-beneficial third part of the equation. His logic here makes lots of sense.

And if our military was scaled down and no longer engaged in interventionism or any type puppeterring/ nation building surely we could provide folks with a free or greatly reduced community college education.

I'm not a Sanders supporter but I really like those two parts of his platform.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:30 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
What's more ironic than Trumplets calling another candidate a liar or a hypocrite?
As a Trump supporter:

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...yruling/false/

The 7 Wildest Lies From Hillary Clinton - The Political Insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

Old 04-07-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I don't, nor do I want to know, your income and health insurance plan.

But a lot of us regular, plain jo and jane schmo citizens would like coverage we can actually use
Well I'm certainly not in your top 1%...heck even top 5% or even 10% for that matter even. I happen to have a decent job for a good company that provides really good health care.

Not sure why I should be expected to have my coverage sacraficed for the sake of others when I work hard to earn it and to pay for it. And since my company employs probably 30-40k people similar to myself, I'm not the only one, and I'm sure there are 100s of thousands if not millions more just like me. Thats the problem with this plan though, it looks to dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator rather than improving the situation overall. Its easier to look at those who have something and take it away to give to others than it is to fix the actual underlying problems.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Sanders has not promised free health care - he's promised to remove the parasitic insurance companies as a non-beneficial third part of the equation. His logic here makes lots of sense.

And if our military was scaled down and no longer engaged in interventionism or any type puppeterring/ nation building surely we could provide folks with a free or greatly reduced community college education.

I'm not a Sanders supporter but I really like those two parts of his platform.
Hmm, removing the insurance companies might solve part of the problem, but excessive government and employer involvement in the delivery of health care destroy the free market principles that should help it to be more transparent and cost effective.

Completely agree with you regarding the military though, we need to spend the right amount of money to keep the homeland safe but seriously scale down on these interventionist type engagements that do nothing other than prop up other dictators and cause other countries to hate us.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:49 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Hmm, removing the insurance companies might solve part of the problem, but excessive government and employer involvement in the delivery of health care destroy the free market principles that should help it to be more transparent and cost effective.

Completely agree with you regarding the military though, we need to spend the right amount of money to keep the homeland safe but seriously scale down on these interventionist type engagements that do nothing other than prop up other dictators and cause other countries to hate us.

Fair enough.

My thoughts on the health care are even if the cost is a wash, I'd rather see government workers and health care workers receive the money - because unlike The shareholders and managerial hierarchy of insurance companies, they will spend the money back into the economy on a more beneficial scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections