Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think you pretty much nailed it there. The GOP is in a pickle for this election no matter what they do. So, the smart thing is to look beyond 2016 or even 2020 and build a party that can sustain itself and grow. A party with Trump as its public face just doesn't seem to have that quality to it. Cruz either or an old two-faced pol like Kasich for that matter. Rubio is probably the archetype. If I were a Republican bigwig I would be thinking of how best to position the party for and after the coming debacle to clear the way for people like Rubio and Haley of SC.
Rubio is why (R)'s are voting Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 02:55 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

I am convinced more than ever that Trump is a Democrat plant designed to sink the GOP's chances in 2016. And if he hands the Dems control of Congress ... well the more the merrier.
I don't buy it at all, but the effect may be the same in the end. Donald Trump is in this for Donald Trump. Enormous boost to his brand. He'll make money off it in the long run.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:58 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
One of the more fascinating things about that poll is almost 2/3rds of Republicans surveyed said that Donald Trump should be made the nominee if he receives the most votes of all the candidates.

Of course this isn't mentioned because it doesn't fit the narriative.

[thread fail]
The two findings are not mutually exclusive, are they?

2/3 of GOP say Trump should be the nominee if he has more delegates, but
1/3 of GOP say they would not vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

I don't see any inconsistency. Where is the thread fail exactly?

Mick

Old 04-07-2016, 02:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I don't buy it at all, but the effect may be the same in the end. Donald Trump is in this for Donald Trump. Enormous boost to his brand. He'll make money off it in the long run.
Which will make him different than ex presidents and Senators charging $200,000 for a half hour speech how?

Old 04-07-2016, 03:05 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
No, it's not about the money . . . . it's about his ego and being in the history books. He whispered that into my ear in my sleep.

Mick

Old 04-07-2016, 03:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

I don't see any inconsistency. Where is the thread fail exactly?

Mick
Of course you don't. You missed the point entirely.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That's one of the great things left about our country, you can vote for which ever candidate you want, belong to any political party you want, etc. Best reason to vote for Trump 2016 since he will help protect the freedoms that we have left.

On the flip side, if Trump doesn't get the nomination, you'll see GOP senators and reps also lose seats as people are fed up with the dirty tricks the party has been pulling trying to control the elections. If the GOP doesn't want to listen to the people, fine, but when many go, they leave all the GOP candidates behind them.

It's beyond me why when folks have seen how both parties are so corrupt, so underhanded, they're still more willing than ever to come out of the woodwork and behave like an apparatchik.....

Old 04-07-2016, 03:40 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, it's not about the money . . . . it's about his ego and being in the history books. He whispered that into my ear in my sleep.

Mick
As it is with all presidential candidates ...

Old 04-07-2016, 06:46 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
You're a liberal, just admit it. Your username gives you away and we all know most Trump supporters are closet liberals anyways. The GOP has nominated two center Republicans the last two elections, how did that work out? The GOP needs to start nominating RIGHT leaning Republicans and further distancing themselves from the LEFT, not moving closer towards it. Just go vote Hillary already, we all know thats who you really want anyways LEFTee.

Well I guess judging from your username you're a serial killer.

I was a big Reagan supporter,voted for him twice.I voted for the Republican nominee in every election since 1980,even if I didn't like ANY of them except Reagan.Pat Buchanan would have been a great president.George W wasn't any prize,Dick Cheney should have had the #1 spot instead.

There aren't enough 'liberals' left in the Republican party to make a difference in a Republican primary and only a total dolt would suggest that a bunch of liberal Democrats are ignoring the Clinton/Sanders slugfest just to infiltrate the Republican race to vote for Trump.PLENTY of right leaning Republicans are supporting Trump over Cruz.For many,like myself,it has a lot more to do with not liking Cruz than loving Trump.Trump started out near the bottom of my list,hes still not my hero and has caused me a lot of wince induced moments,but between him and Cruz its no contest for me.....Cruz just doesn't do it for me and its not because hes 'too conservative'.Cruz isn't the 'new Reagan'.....hes more like a Republican Bill Clinton but without the charm.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:25 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
d you know Trump is a closet liberal based on how well he does in blue states. Pathetic, he's no Republican.
So what do we conclude by Cruzes poor showings in Red states?Cruz lost EVERY STATE in the SOUTH.He came in Third in many of them.No Republican wins the whitehouse without winning the south in November.

Cruz won races in Iowa,Maine,and Wisconsin handily,all blue states.....I suppose that 'proves' that Cruz is really a closet liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections