Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 11:59 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I don't get it!

Senator McCain was in charge of Arizona and did not do anything about the illegals. He knew and was told often that his state could not compete in the aggra business growing veggies and fruit in SAND that required very expensive nutrients and irrigation methods UNLESS he turned a blind eye to those thousands of workers willing to slave in the fields from dawn til dusk for slave wages in order to cut costs.

Many posts have been written that talk about the groups of illegals ROUTINELY congregating in Home Depot and Lowes parking lots looking for work but seemingly immune from some border patrol or LEO's rounding them up.

Wintering in the American southwest back in the early 2000's and using a semi-tractor to tow my RV revealed I could not get my truck serviced without illegals having a hand in that along every single interstate highway in the states of Tx. Az. Ca. Nm. and La. It could be assumed that those have migrated even further north by now. It was comical in the extreme to watch the white suburbans with the green stripe on the side pull in for a coffee break and watch the lube bays empty of personnel all running out the back door.

I got run into by an illegal operating a (now defunct) Yuma Freight Lines semi rig who drove up on the sidewalk to pass me on the right who was corralled by Yuma police only to discover this guy had a state issued driver's license in a false name but was an illegal citizen. My insurance company had to sue them for reimbursement, a very costly but necessary exercise.

When talking to the motorcycle cop in charge of the on-scene investigation, I queried as to the frequency of this and he stated it represented at least 50% of their man hours.

A group of us once watched from a restaurant on the Mexican side overlooking the river at the border crossing of Algodonez Mx. as a family of illegals waded around the border control offices under the windows of the guys who were busily busting American citizens chops for having their prescriptions filled and dentistry done in Mx.

The laws that are on the books are not being aggressively maintained and until they are, you can build TWO walls with a minefield between them and nothing will change.

You think that illegals were working the fields to help cut costs? Um no, they were working for their own gain. There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers.

Your claims of the lazy American are duly noted and are what's truly comical. It's not the first time we have read that nonsense.

There is no such thing as an illegal citizen. Using a fake DL is against the law also.

The wall would still be a deterrant. Criminals and terrorists aren't looking for work. I am opposed to mine fields but if you think that wouldn't work I don't know what to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 12:27 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Mexicos border with the USA used to be a lot further north until the USA expropriated much of their country.
Maybe those immigrants are just feeling a cultural homesickness=

A Map of the United States of Mexico, As organized and defined by the several Acts of the Congress of that Republic, Constructed from a great variety of Printed and Manuscript Documents by H.S. Tanner . . . 1850 [Deseret Edition!] - Barry Lawrence Ru

Also brings up the question of who the real illegal immigrants are.
Jambo---I asked you this previously, now please answer. Don't you live in Canada? Yes or no? I believe you said you lived there. If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

If you do live there, then I explains why you don't fully grasp the problems illegal immigration has caused the US.

As for parts of the US once belonging to Mexico, if you knew the history behind that, you would understand. Anyway, it's in the past and we now have a defined border with Mexico. What happened in the past does NOT give illegals a right to violate our borders. Period.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:29 PM

All the posters here who are against building the wall---some even said it was "stupid". I guess all those who are against it leave the doors to their homes wide open 24/7. I mean, why would they close and lock their door? After all, someone could easily open a window or, if they have a crawl space, tunnel into their house. Given that, I guess they have no problems having anyone enter their house and help themselves to their belongings.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:58 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Yes i live here in Canada.
And i have opinions on the wall like every one else does.IMO this wall is a total waste of time and money and will do very little to curb your illegal immigrant population.
You seem to think that unless some one fully endorses the building of this wall we are some how condoning free migration by illegals across the American border,not so, if your country wants to ignore its own immigration laws theres not much point in complaining about the issue.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yes i live here in Canada.
And i have opinions on the wall like every one else does.IMO this wall is a total waste of time and money and will do very little to curb your illegal immigrant population.
You seem to think that unless some one fully endorses the building of this wall we are some how condoning free migration by illegals across the American border,not so, if your country wants to ignore its own immigration laws theres not much point in complaining about the issue.
The laws will be enforced once again.

So, Jambo, do you leave your front door open 24/7? After all, if someone really wants to get into your house, then why lock the door? They can just as easily open a window or tunnel under the foundation.

It's been pointed out multiple times that when a wall was built between Tijuana and San Diego during the Clinton administration, illegal crossings and crime were both drastically cut. So, yes, Jambo, walls do work. After all, it isn't just illegals wanting jobs who sneak into this country. Some sneak in for more nefarious purposes.

Tell the ranchers whose ranches are on the border that the "wall is a total waste of time and money". Don't be surprised if their response to you---to put it politely---is rude.

You really don't understand how this problem affects the US. Nor do you understand how most of the illegals get here by breaching the southern border---and that they come on foot.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You think that illegals were working the fields to help cut costs? Um no, they were working for their own gain. There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers.

Your claims of the lazy American are duly noted and are what's truly comical. It's not the first time we have read that nonsense.

There is no such thing as an illegal citizen. Using a fake DL is against the law also.

The wall would still be a deterrant. Criminals and terrorists aren't looking for work. I am opposed to mine fields but if you think that wouldn't work I don't know what to tell you.
Would you please quote my claim "of the lazy American"? I made no such claim.

Lazy has nothing whatsoever to do with any of the illegal immigrant stuff. PROFIT is the driving force.

Now let's retouch those aggra workers who come across with visas. If not for some advantage to the end result why is it there are no OTHER workers in those fields? Been there and seen it first hand. You will not find anyone but foreign workers in those fields picking or using spades to divert irrigation the rows of veggies. PROFIT.

You've experienced first hand watching all the illegals leaving places of business through the back door when Border Patrol shows up at the front? I have in every type of large vehicle maintenance from truck washes to lube change to tire shops. Profits it's all about the profits.. and illegals allow them to maximize those.

You started building a wall and miles of pile driving into the shores of rivers accomplished nothing worthwhile due to places like imperial sand dunes being a noted play area for the desert rigs but also an entry point for the stolen suburbans taken into Mexico the week before and loaded up with durgs and illegals for the return run.

You'd have to be a real dunce if you read on these forums time and time again about the Home Depot and Lowes parking lot congregations of illegals looking for work but fail to believe any of that. More importantly why not ask your rep's why they don't just drive around and pick those guys up.

THEY don't want to; it's not laziness. They are ordered to ignore those places.

Border Patrol Agents Ordered to Stand Down in Enforcing Immigration Laws

Obama reinstates 'catch-and-release' policy for illegal immigrants - Washington Times

This Is Exactly How Central Americans Cross Mexico-Texas Border

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfj2uRi4VcM

As to your claim the fence is working........hell no it ain't and it never will. You can't build one tall enough or deep enough to stop them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVE...&nohtml5=False

Old 04-09-2016, 05:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/jo...150821_low.jpg

Old 04-10-2016, 07:14 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
All the posters here who are against building the wall---some even said it was "stupid". I guess all those who are against it leave the doors to their homes wide open 24/7. I mean, why would they close and lock their door? After all, someone could easily open a window or, if they have a crawl space, tunnel into their house. Given that, I guess they have no problems having anyone enter their house and help themselves to their belongings.
It's one of those really really silly comparisons to make, right there with "if you make a $100 , you can only spend $100" simile clueless people use to explain the economy.
When I say a wall is stupid, I am not arguing against physical security or arguing for open borders, I mean just that, a wall is stupid, is a stupid lowest common denominator kind of solution to a complex problem. Back to my house I have doors which I do leave unlocked albeit my alarm system locks them automatically, i also have lights and motion detectors that if are triggered after 11pm they close the garage door if left open, i don't have a wall around my house with a moat around the wall, if I call a security expert told him how can I secure my house and he told me to build a wall I would think he was stupid.
We didn't try to get to the moon with a sling shot right, we put our best minds to work collaborated with private industry, put it out to bid and watch private industry come up with better solutions.
You also have to consider motivation, a burglar is not looking to come to my house and move there, if a burglar thought that breaking into my house was the only way for his family to survive a door may not be deterrent enough ie a stupid solution.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:26 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
affluenza white boy killed 4 people drunk driving.

you dont build a wall over something like that when your own citizens kill enough people drunk driving already.

there are better reasons.
That's like saying you don't need a polio shot because you've already had measles.

Silly argument.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:28 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Typically, Republicans aren't dumb enough to build walls with footholds. Obviously, the one you picture was built by someone of Hank Johnson's IQ. Just showing it as an anti-illegal immigrant device is pretty low on the IQ pole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections