Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Perhaps you should have as well, if you had you'd know they merely go somewhere easier to cross over. Net gain is zero. The link also mentions that now that it's tougher the crossers STAY and bring their families with them instead of returning to Mexico with their ill gotten gains.

I responded to someone insulting my I/Q for posting a link showing a youtube of an easy to climb section of fence.

Trump.......that's an I/Q illustrator right there in thinking the guy employing hundreds of them while yakking about building the wall is in any way serious about getting rid of the 12 to 20 already rooting in your vegetable patch.

Here's a link for you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8c9_story.html
Of course, they sneak in someplace else If anything, it shows just how effective walls are. If it's so tough for the crossers, then why do we have illegals who have been deported several times, who somehow manage to get in again and again without getting caught?

Trump personally employs "hundreds of them"? He personally hired them himself? Prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 04:46 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should have as well, if you had you'd know they merely go somewhere easier to cross over. Net gain is zero. The link also mentions that now that it's tougher the crossers STAY and bring their families with them instead of returning to Mexico with their ill gotten gains.

I responded to someone insulting my I/Q for posting a link showing a youtube of an easy to climb section of fence.

Trump.......that's an I/Q illustrator right there in thinking the guy employing hundreds of them while yakking about building the wall is in any way serious about getting rid of the 12 to 20 already rooting in your vegetable patch.

Here's a link for you:

Of course, they sneak in someplace else If anything, it shows just how effective walls are. If it's so tough for the crossers, then why do we have illegals who have been deported several times, who somehow manage to get in again and again without getting caught?

Trump personally employs "hundreds of them"? He personally hired them himself? Prove it.

As for the WaPo link---WaPo is for open borders and amnesty. They have long since lost their credibility. I stopped subscribing to that fish wrap 10 years ago.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:00 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The ranchers certainly want tighter and better border patrols, but not necessarily a wall.

Here is one article from several years ago. There are plenty of others. Google is your friend.

Border Fence Plan Worries Texas Ranchers

I will also note that while a person may be against a 2,000 mile long wall (of which some 700 miles have been built), it does not follow that said person is for the border to remain 'wide open'. It is simplistic reasoning.

I guess I could reason that since you desire to spend any amount of money on a wall, then it must follow that you 1) desire your income tax to go up to pay for the wall; 2) you care not about the national debt going up; and 3) you do not want to have those that employ illegals subjected to heavy fines for employing the illegals.

You would assume wrong! We who want the 700 mile wall completed aren't stupid enough to think our taxes would go up much or that our national debt would. It would pay for itself with the exit of illegal aliens out of our country and far less entry with the wall. The 700 miles of double wall were not built by the way. Yes, we do want the employers punished severely for employing illegals. Where are you getting the notion that we don't?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:00 PM

23,647 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Re-read your post #110 and you will see that you were claiming that you couldn't get the help you needed if not for illegal aliens. There aren't usually citizens picking crops because it isn't a career job for Americans and many don't live in rural areas. This is news to you? By your remarks you are implying that Americans are just too lazy to pick crops along with the real truth which is the profits that the growers and other businesses reap from cheap, illegal labor.
The majority of the crop pickers from Mexico, and other countries, are here on agricultural visas and aren't illegals. Most of them come here pick crops then go home, though there probably is a few that overstay their visa and hide in this country. It won't be long before even those crop pickers will not be needed. Agricultural robotics will soon take their place, and will be even cheaper to use then the migrant visa workers.

There are many small and large crop farms around me and they use citizens to pick their crops, mostly using local teens.

Quote:
Obama won't allow any illegals to be deported unless they are "convicted" criminals so how would contacting my congressmen do anything? By the way, I did contact the powers that be when I saw a constant group of illegals hanging out in front of a McDonald's in Bonsall, Ca. and all I got is "we can do nothing about it".
And that's a shame. An illegal, who didn't have a drivers license, insurance, didn't speak English, didn't know the driving laws, made an illegal turn and ran over and killed a highly respected and well liked tv sports reporter - all they did to the illegal was fine him for not having a license or insurance. I couldn't find anything that mentioned the illegal being deported so I'm guessing he was allowed to stay in this country. If a citizen had been the one who had done it no doubt that citizen would be in prison.

Quote:
As for the wall 700 miles of double-layered wall has already been approved by congress but not funded and yes it would work. It might not be 100% effective but here is proof that walls do work.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

The wall along with taking away all the freebies, enforcing e-verify and beefing up border patrol (and not tieing their hands like they are currently doing) is the way to go!

I see people on here griping about the cost of building the wall and maintaining the wall , it amazes me that those people don't realize that the cost of building and maintaining the wall is dramatically cheaper than the cost of supporting the illegals.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Uuuh, a significant portion of that fence was built during Bush's tenure. He was a republican was he not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico...States_barrier

McCain presided over a state over run with illegals for years, he was a republican was he not?

It would even be entirely relevant to speculate with some accuracy that Trump would likely employ illegals to build the stupid thing. Now that would be an irony, eh?

I would submit the I/Q deficit is shown by any of those folks proclaiming an actual wall as being a solution to your southern border security.

All that proves is you'd like to go back to wooden wheels because tires with air in them can leak.

Ridiculous.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:

Here's a link for you:

The point of the 700 mile wall is to force illegals to try more dangerous routes and the Border Patrol can focus their efforts there instead.

Where is your proof that a rich man like Trump sits down and interviews manual laborers and hires them? I think you know better than that. The Washington Post? Don't make me laugh!

Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I recall that the East Germans maintained that the Wall they built was to keep the West 'out' of East Germany, and not pen their own people in. People were skeptical. There was much rejoicing when the Wall fell in 1989.

Anyway, I wonder what would have been the response of some people if it had been Obama or Clinton whom proposed a giant wall along the entire southern border? Would we have had people screaming that the 'liberals' wanted to build the wall to keep Americans contained within our own borders?

My opposition to the Southern Wall has mainly been due to practical reasons: it would be hideously expensive, and would infringe on lots of property rights. Those Texan ranchers that live along the Rio Grande may moan about 'illegals', but they sure as heck don't want the Federal government to take part of their land to build a Wall, which would also cut off their access to the water. Recall, the Wall could not actually be built 'on' the river, but would have to be set back some (I have seen estimates of half a mile to five miles, depending on the terrain), as well as access roads.

Did you all know that there is a very large lake in Texas, that shares the border with Mexico? I wonder how the Wall would deal with the lake, which is very popular with fishermen and hunters.

Again, your comments are ridiculous. I don't care what party proposes the wall we need it. It won't keep anyone in. It will have legal ports of entry and exit. If it were so expensive then why did congress already approve the 700 miles of border wall? You can't speak for all of the ranchers. Those who have a real problem with illegal aliens I am sure want the wall. The wall is only to be built on the most porous areas of our southern border and you have first hand knowledge what those areas are to claim it can't be done? Yeah, let's worry about fisherman and hunters rather than our national security.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:26 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, your comments are ridiculous. I don't care what party proposes the wall we need it. It won't keep anyone in. It will have legal ports of entry and exit. If it were so expensive then why did congress already approve the 700 miles of border wall? You can't speak for all of the ranchers. Those who have a real problem with illegal aliens I am sure want the wall. The wall is only to be built on the most porous areas of our southern border and you have first hand knowledge what those areas are to claim it can't be done? Yeah, let's worry about fisherman and hunters rather than our national security.
This is all common sense which the anti wall people continuously refuse to acknowledge. These leftist anti wall people are like those three monkeys with their hands over their eyes, ears and mouths, refusing to acknowledge a problem exists because they want to just look the other way. They see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil because it doesn't benefit their objective of a one party rule nation which illegals and open borders play the most significant role. They complain about the cost of enforcing laws and building barriers yet never ever mention the billions it costs us every year to maintain things as they currently are with illegals living here and taking full advantage of our welfare system, healthcare system and education system.
As one anti wall poster has already documented, they are so worried about the fishermen on one lake yet have no worry at all about millions of jobs at stake on dry land. The hypocrisy is beyond comprehension but it's expected from those who see the next 30,000,000 illegals and their anchor babies the future voters of the democratic party. Let's not kid ourselves because this is what it's all about for the wall opponents that find every excuse imaginable not to support anything that would greatly reduce the number of illegals in this country. No amount of common sense or facts will ever make any difference to these wall haters because it doesn't fit with their political agenda.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:14 AM

729 posts, read 429,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This is all common sense which the anti wall people continuously refuse to acknowledge. These leftist anti wall people are like those three monkeys with their hands over their eyes, ears and mouths, refusing to acknowledge a problem exists because they want to just look the other way. They see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil because it doesn't benefit their objective of a one party rule nation which illegals and open borders play the most significant role. They complain about the cost of enforcing laws and building barriers yet never ever mention the billions it costs us every year to maintain things as they currently are with illegals living here and taking full advantage of our welfare system, healthcare system and education system.
As one anti wall poster has already documented, they are so worried about the fishermen on one lake yet have no worry at all about millions of jobs at stake on dry land. The hypocrisy is beyond comprehension but it's expected from those who see the next 30,000,000 illegals and their anchor babies the future voters of the democratic party. Let's not kid ourselves because this is what it's all about for the wall opponents that find every excuse imaginable not to support anything that would greatly reduce the number of illegals in this country. No amount of common sense or facts will ever make any difference to these wall haters because it doesn't fit with their political agenda.
The. effing. TRUTH!

Old 04-11-2016, 02:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Shooting border patrol. Don't think so.
I'm not sure attempting to illegally enter into America by climbing the fence is justification for the death penalty. From my understanding some one suspected of entering the country illegally gets his day in court before being deported. Although by the demeanor of some they would gladly shoot on site anyone even suspected of being illegal.So much for that noble poem about Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Now the attitude is to just shoot em dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections