Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 06:02 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,204,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I was just pointing out from the Canadian perspective of what you would need to do if you wanted to placate your obsession with the pipe dream of eradicating all illegal immigrants in the USA which to recap is build your super wall ,close off all points of entry into the USA and use extreme measures with prejudice toward any illegal immigrants that are found,also long jail terms for employers caught abetting illegals.
From all the hysteria and whining i read in the media about Americas illegal immigrant issues it seems You would like to rid the country of illegals but you dont really want to do what its going to take to solve the problem which will require much more than an expensive wall.
Well, that's because 99% of the anti-illegal hysteria isn't really about economics. It's about xenophobia. What all these whiners really dislike is immigrants, Latino immigrants in particular, but all non-European, non-English speaking immigrants in general. Many of these morons complaining about "illegals" don't even realize that having a green card means you're a legal resident; anybody who speaks Spanish or has darker skin is an "illegal" to them.

You'll also notice that no that they're only concerned about the southern border, and dismiss the Canadian border even though there are thousands of Canadians who are illegal immigrants. They just come across the border at Buffalo or Detroit, and never go back across.

Then there's the Irish illegals in the Boston and NYC areas. Again, thousands. Moreover, while Irish illegals are now coming for economic reasons, back in the 1980s and early 1990s when the IRA was still engaged in terror, Irish terrorists slipped into the US to arrange to buy arms or to collect money to buy arms on the black market.

Besides, poor immigrants with limited language skills struggling to make it in a new country are much easier targets for persecution than well-heeled white businessmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 06:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Well said Linda.

I'm starting to notice from many an anti immigrant attitude whether they are legal or not.A general de facto hate for all immigrants. An odd attitude considering America was founded by immigrants coming from all over the world..

Old 04-14-2016, 07:11 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Well said Linda.

I'm starting to notice from many an anti immigrant attitude whether they are legal or not.A general de facto hate for all immigrants. An odd attitude considering America was founded by immigrants coming from all over the world..
Boy are you living in another world. I am totally against illegal immigrants coming and living here and I unlike yourself live in a border state where illegals have over run the area.
My parents are immigrants. They took the time, trouble and expense to come to this country legally and then became U.S. citizens.
For you or anyone else to compare ILLEGAL immigrants to LEGAL immigrants and lump them all together just shows your only concern is for your own left wing political agenda, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Boy are you living in another world. I am totally against illegal immigrants coming and living here and I unlike yourself live in a border state where illegals have over run the area.
My parents are immigrants. They took the time, trouble and expense to come to this country legally and then became U.S. citizens.
For you or anyone else to compare ILLEGAL immigrants to LEGAL immigrants and lump them all together just shows your only concern is for your own left wing political agenda, nothing more, nothing less.
You need to re-read what i said, as i never said i lump all immigrants whether legal or illegal into the same basket or that i condone illegal immigration, i was referring to some of the posters in their zeal to hate immigrants do seem to not differentiate the difference. Also these posters that play loose with the legal/illegal term seem to be all the rightwing crowd.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:36 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Well, that's because 99% of the anti-illegal hysteria isn't really about economics. It's about xenophobia. What all these whiners really dislike is immigrants, Latino immigrants in particular, but all non-European, non-English speaking immigrants in general. Many of these morons complaining about "illegals" don't even realize that having a green card means you're a legal resident; anybody who speaks Spanish or has darker skin is an "illegal" to them.

You'll also notice that no that they're only concerned about the southern border, and dismiss the Canadian border even though there are thousands of Canadians who are illegal immigrants. They just come across the border at Buffalo or Detroit, and never go back across.

Then there's the Irish illegals in the Boston and NYC areas. Again, thousands. Moreover, while Irish illegals are now coming for economic reasons, back in the 1980s and early 1990s when the IRA was still engaged in terror, Irish terrorists slipped into the US to arrange to buy arms or to collect money to buy arms on the black market.

Besides, poor immigrants with limited language skills struggling to make it in a new country are much easier targets for persecution than well-heeled white businessmen.

What a crock of nonsense! Xenophobia? Don't make me laugh! Are you not aware of the millions of legal immigrants we have here from all over the world? We don't object to legal immigrants who assimilate and respect our laws. Is that unreasonable or xenophobic? I am sick to death of people like you who make everything about race. Oh, now we are morons also? Your post is very offensive. No one I know of thinks that just because someone is speaking Spanish that they are here illegally. Oh, here comes the skin color card also! Um, blacks have dark skin and they aren't here illegally.

We are concerned about our southern border because 80% of illegals are from south of our border, duh. When we have millions of illegals coming through our northern border then we will address that border. None of the groups you mentioned are here in the large numbers that Latinos are here illegally but that doesn't mean we don't want them deported also. Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" and why would we want any 'immigrants" who would be a burden to our society anyway? White business men? Again, with your BS! There are many non-white business men that hire illegal aliens. Targets for persecution? Shouldn't law breakers be a target and who the hell is persecuting them? You're whole post made me sick to my stomach. Nothing but BS and lies.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:44 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Given that Mueller was a Bush appointee, his credibility is suspect. Anybody with half a brain should realize by now that the Bush administration's version of "credible evidence" was an unsubstantiated report from some shady informant who heard from a guy whose third cousin twice removed saw three suspicious guys loading camel dung into a cart before sunrise.

Are you not aware that Bush pushed for amnesty for illegal aliens? So now you stoop to a new low by insinuating that FBI Director lied? You haven't seen the pictures of the Koran and other Middle Eastern evidence left around our southern border? I guess those items were planted? Your sarcastic attempt at humor over this very serious matter is duly noted. You sound just like a previously banned member in here. Hmm. At any rate she made my ignore list and so will you.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:28 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
I was just pointing out from the Canadian perspective of what you would need to do if you wanted to placate your obsession with the pipe dream of eradicating all illegal immigrants in the USA which to recap is build your super wall ,close off all points of entry into the USA and use extreme measures with prejudice toward any illegal immigrants that are found,also long jail terms for employers caught abetting illegals.
You didn't mention long jail terms for employers in the post of yours that I'd quoted, instead you mentioned that their company should be closed down. You also mentioned they should be shot on "site" [sic] and that far too extreme.

Quote:
From all the hysteria and whining i read in the media about Americas illegal immigrant issues it seems You would like to rid the country of illegals but you dont really want to do what its going to take to solve the problem which will require much more than an expensive wall.
If you'd bothered to read this thread before posting your own points then you would have found comments already made about what needs to be done, other than just building the wall. Doing just one single thing, such as the wall, or e-verifying, or taking away freebies, or beefing up ICE/border patrol, or fining employers, etc., is not enough. Not just one thing needs to be done, it all needs to be done and US citizens are, and have been, aware of that.

The hysteria and whining you hear is only in your own head. It's anger and frustration at not just the illegals but also at the pro-illegal government. I'm willing to bet that you don't know a single person who had lost their job to an illegal, a person who was killed by the actions of an illegal, or, a person who was robbed by an illegal (either physically robbed or robbed of their personal identification) - while I can say that I know people (and in some of those cases, many people) who have dealt with every one of those things. Until you know, either by knowing someone who has dealt with it or dealt with it yourself, then you're just talking off the top of your head.

You're from/in Canada, correct? What business is it of yours how our country is run and how the citizens feel about it? Maybe you, Canadians, should let us to send you half of the illegals and you can take care of them on your own dime - and shame on you if you refuse (see how it works, a non-citizen of Canada telling you what you should do). It's like the Pope telling us that we need to take in many Muslim refugees when Vatican City refuses to do it - oh yeah, they took in a refuge family of four (4) but they were Christians and not Muslim.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:42 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
It's about xenophobia.
What, you're not throwing in the race card too? No, it's not about xenophobia, or racism, or any other slur that you want to throw in there.

Every country in the world has some form of an immigration policy, which includes illegals. Every country, except the US, enforces those laws because their governments/politicians don't look at illegals as future voters. Why are you not attacking those countries for not having open borders? The US citizens have every right to expect the laws of this country to be followed. Wanting, and expecting, the laws to be followed is not being xenophobic or racist. You must be a Soros fan.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:47 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
You want Obama to start building Trump's wall?

Okey dokey. Just as soon as the Senate confirms his Supreme Court nominee and all the other judges the feds need so badly.

That seems to be a good tit for tat.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're from/in Canada, correct? What business is it of yours how our country is run and how the citizens feel about it?
Looks like your argument has run out of gas if this line of thought has now surfaced.
I dont remember any forum rules stating opinions and viewpoints are only open to American participants of this "discussion" forum.
I read on all manner of American media hysterical and obsessive whining about Americas illegal immigrant population but no one seems to do anything about it except bellyache a lot on forums and dream of a big wall which wont do a thing to curb the flow of illegals.
What would Canada do if 2% of our population were illegals? we;d certainly apply our immigration laws to the fullest extent rather than making all manner of welfare programs available to these illegals.
Giving these illegals Section 8 housing,drivers licenses, health care,the right to vote,education,safe cities, etc is an absurd course of action if the goal is to rid the nation of illegals.

Last edited by jambo101; 04-15-2016 at 01:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections