Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 05:08 PM

580 posts, read 450,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
More bad news for Hillary. Now that she is having to defend herself as even being qualified to be President, a new poll shows that 1 in 4 Bernie supporters say they will not vote for Hillary. This after 8 years of Obama has driven millions away from the Democrat party.

New Poll: 25% of Sanders Followers Won't Vote Clinton
1 in 4 sanders supporters wouldn't vote for sanders if he was the nominee...why? Because they're children, and they don't vote anyway! Hell, if 3/4s of Sanders supporters voted for Hillary, that would be an increase in their voting demographic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 05:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Your go to source is the Ghana News?
I wondered how long it would take someone to try and discredit topic because I selected that source. However they clearly state who did the poll and simply reported the stats.

Clearly if 25% of Bernie's supporters refuse to support Hillary in the general election, then it's very bad news for Hillary. If 25% of progressives won't support Hillary, then how much other support has she lost?

IMO, Hillary is left with some Blue Hairs, the delusional, hard core partisans,and some portion of the African American electorate. This is a formula for landslide electoral college loss.

And even more fascinating, Hillary has spent an astonishing $150,000,000 for these results.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
She hasn't done a single thing. Oh wait, she got her own unsecured email server so she could hide emails. She was directly responsible for the deaths of the ambassadors in Benghazi by ignoring there many pleas for hotel. She lied and said the Benghazi attack was caused by a video on YouTube that didn't exist. She takes money from countries who demean their women by not allowing them to drive, show their face, be seen in public without their man. She sided with Bill over the many rape allegations against him when he was governor. She didn't take Monica Lewinski's side when the president of the USA got a BJ from his young interns. Of course, she should have known better and none of the fault goes to Bill. I am getting tired of typing so will stop here

Zero qualifications other than having a fake business marriage of convenience to an ex president.

Spoken like a true Republican.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:15 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,141,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I wondered how long it would take someone to try and discredit topic because I selected that source. However they clearly state who did the poll and simply reported the stats.

Clearly if 25% of Bernie's supporters refuse to support Hillary in the general election, then it's very bad news for Hillary. If 25% of progressives won't support Hillary, then how much other support has she lost?

IMO, Hillary is left with some Blue Hairs, the delusional, hard core partisans,and some portion of the African American electorate. This is a formula for landslide electoral college loss.

And even more fascinating, Hillary has spent an astonishing $150,000,000 for these results.
As long as she wins 60% of the women vote, she'll win the election so it's fine especially if she's against Trump. He won't win more than 40% of the women vote.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:46 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
1/4 is actually pretty good at this stage. Once the heated primaries are over, and Bernie endorses Hillary at the DNC Convention, a good chunk of the 1/4 would vote for Hillary, if not solely to prevent Mr. Trump or Cruz from winning. Just on the account of things like the climate change, minimum wage increase, etc., those voters would likely pinch their nose and vote for Hillary.

I suspect that a huge chunk of that 1/4 represents the Libetarian/OWS/Hippie types who would have voted for Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, or other irrelevant person. So meh.

Mick

Old 04-07-2016, 07:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
I would vote for Bernie over Cruz but not Hillary.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:58 PM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Bernie is my heart, but Hillary is my head. I could go either way with no difficulty given Trump or Cruz on the other side.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
If the GOP wants to take advantage of Hillary's unpopularity, they need to refrain from nominating someone even more unpopular than she is; i.e. Donald Trump or Ted Cruz.

John Kasich is the most electable candidate that they could nominate, and there is zero chance of that happening. The hard tilt of the GOP base to the right is the biggest thing the Democrats have going for them because they are bound and determined to commit harikari by nominating their least electable candidates.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:24 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If the GOP wants to take advantage of Hillary's unpopularity, they need to refrain from nominating someone even more unpopular than she is; i.e. Donald Trump or Ted Cruz.

John Kasich is the most electable candidate that they could nominate, and there is zero chance of that happening. The hard tilt of the GOP base to the right is the biggest thing the Dmocrats have going for them because they are bound and determined to commit harikari by nominating their least electable candidates.
BOOM - you are spot on.

Hillary has horrible approval ratings and is seen as dishonest by all people not blindly following her.

Yet, Cruz and Trump have shockingly worse ratings. Meanwhile, Kasich beats Hillary in EVERY SINGLE SWING STATE POLL and even in some blue states.

Republicans are choosing to lose this election by voting for dishonest, nutcase, extremists.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

John Kasich is the most electable candidate that they could nominate, and there is zero chance of that happening. The hard tilt of the GOP base to the right is the biggest thing the Democrats have going for them because they are bound and determined to commit harikari by nominating their least electable candidates.
He should run as independent if Cruz wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections