Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 01:08 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Trump should pick up some of Bernies supporters
We've been thru this before. No....

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ote-trump.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 07:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Except for the fact that Hillary endorsed Obama in the end which led to her supporters supporting him in the end. There is no indication whatsoever that Bernie is going to endorse Hillary anytime soon. There is a lot more bad blood between Hillary and Bernie than there was between Hillary and Obama. Obama was never ever an outsider and he was part of the Establishment from early on. He received Ted Kennedy's endorsement and I don't think you get more Establishment than Kennedy. The Establishment did not fear an Obama candidacy since his positions were in line with the Establishment platform while Bernie is completely outside the Establishment platform.
Each will endorse the other - whoever is nominated. Bernie is still a Senator should he lose the nomination and will still have to work hand in hand with other Democrats. IF he refused to endorse the nominee - he'd be toast and he knows it. He might as well get out the rocking chair and put it on the porch.

Just like Hillary knew she had to suck it up and endorse Obama.

That's politics and they are all aware.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:16 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Except for the fact that Hillary endorsed Obama in the end which led to her supporters supporting him in the end. There is no indication whatsoever that Bernie is going to endorse Hillary anytime soon. There is a lot more bad blood between Hillary and Bernie than there was between Hillary and Obama. Obama was never ever an outsider and he was part of the Establishment from early on. He received Ted Kennedy's endorsement and I don't think you get more Establishment than Kennedy. The Establishment did not fear an Obama candidacy since his positions were in line with the Establishment platform while Bernie is completely outside the Establishment platform.
The following quotes are from Bernie's appearance on "Today" this morning during an interview with Savannah Guthrie.

Quote:
The senator from Vermont was asked by co-anchor Savannah Guthrie if he had overreacted to comments by Clinton earlier Wednesday suggesting he was unprepared for the presidency.

“Did you overreact because you thought she said something more than she did?” Guthrie asked.

"Here’s the truth,” Sanders said. “I’ve known Hillary Clinton for 25 years. I respect Hillary Clinton. We were colleagues in the Senate, and on her worst day, she would be an infinitely better president than either of the Republican candidates.”

“She’s qualified?” Guthrie asked.

“Of course,” Sanders said
, “but the point is I would hope we get away from these attacks, which by the way, the media likes very much, and start focusing — maybe we can do that today — on the real issues.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...o-real-issues/

Old 04-08-2016, 08:25 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,825,478 times
I hate this election so much. Wish someone would throw Paul Ryan in for president. Right now my top choice is Sanders, but I also like to be realistic, the country isn't ready for him. He is even far more left than Obama, and I am pretty sure Sanders won't get much accomplished in regards to what he has promised. Not due to lack of effort, but due to lack of support from Congress.

Can we just push the election to 2017 and start over on the candidates? Haha if only we could!

Old 04-08-2016, 08:27 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,825,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
We've been thru this before. It was something like over 80% of Sanders supporters hated Trump. Keep dreaming...
Yeah, while Sanders say they will not vote for Hillary, I am pretty sure they will when either Cruz or Trump take the nomination. I can't imagine they would let any of those two be Presidents.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
More bad news for Hillary. Now that she is having to defend herself as even being qualified to be President, a new poll shows that 1 in 4 Bernie supporters say they will not vote for Hillary. This after 8 years of Obama has driven millions away from the Democrat party.

New Poll: 25% of Sanders Followers Won't Vote Clinton
I won't vote for her.
Wouldn't in 2008, won't now.

Life is too short to constantly try to justify voting for the least bad candidate.
And I say that as someone closing in on six decades of living.

The election is rigged for whomever the national parties want to win so, I don't believe that my decision to vote my conscience is going to have the least bit of impact on the final result.

I, however, will sleep well knowing that I did/will not validate her vote for the Iraq war and other hawkish endeavors nor will I have supported dynastic politics.

I'd much rather support a faux-Democrat who admits he's a faux-Democrat than one who lies about it with a straight face.
No more GOP-lite for me.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:52 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
More bad news for Hillary. Now that she is having to defend herself as even being qualified to be President, a new poll shows that 1 in 4 Bernie supporters say they will not vote for Hillary. This after 8 years of Obama has driven millions away from the Democrat party.

New Poll: 25% of Sanders Followers Won't Vote Clinton
Yep. That me. Burnie or bust. Clinton will most definitely not get my vote.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Hillary or bust!!!

Old 04-08-2016, 09:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
If I could, I'd bet money that Clinton's problem will be turnout. I said that almost a year ago when the talk was Clinton vs Bush or as I put it, The Battle of Low Voter Turnout. It's not that Democrats dislike her, in my opinion. It's that they don't like her enough to get up off the couch and vote. She's just been around for so long, she's not the shiny new penny. I don't think she should count on Obama voters turning out for her in the same big numbers. I especially think young voters and younger African Americans won't bother to vote like they did for Obama.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:14 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If I could, I'd bet money that Clinton's problem will be turnout. I said that almost a year ago when the talk was Clinton vs Bush or as I put it, The Battle of Low Voter Turnout. It's not that Democrats dislike her, in my opinion. It's that they don't like her enough to get up off the couch and vote. She's just been around for so long, she's not the shiny new penny. I don't think she should count on Obama voters turning out for her in the same big numbers. I especially think young voters and younger African Americans won't bother to vote like they did for Obama.
Trump is the antidote to Democrat apathy. Voting against Trump will be an act of patriotism for people from all sides of the political spectrum come November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections