U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM

163 posts, read 874,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
I don't need to prrove that Obama is a do-nothing Senator. People are struggling to find anything he has done with any other Senators (other than imposing a Global Tax in the USA). Cliff Kincaid -- Obama's Global Tax Proposal Up for Senate Vote

People that worry about the North American Union need to worry about something bigger: the UN mandating whatever it wishes upon the United States, since Obama wants to create Global Taxes, he must also want the US to submit to the UN's corrupt authorithy! Yikes!

Folks I am asking YOU to provide the links, as I can't think of one bill that Obama has authored that has passed. He has done nothing in the US SEnate other than be divisive and vote along party lines. You Obama-natics need to show how I am wrong and how Obama is the king of bi-partisanship and compromises. After all, he is the one cliaming to "bring America together and end partisanship in DC".
In your original post, you asked that people provide links from non-biased sources, so I asked that you do the same. Fair enough, right?

Your response was to provide a link to an article on newswithviews.com, which is an extremist, nut-job website. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM

7,730 posts, read 13,154,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
In your original post, you asked that people provide links from non-biased sources, so I asked that you do the same. Fair enough, right?

Your response was to provide a link to an article on newswithviews.com, which is an extremist, nut-job website. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in this?
I posted that link originally. Here's Obama's own senate web page that says pretty much the same thing without the costs. Why would he have left that off?

Obama, Hagel, Cantwell Introduce Bill to Fight Global Poverty | U.S. Senator Barack Obama (http://obama.senate.gov/press/071211-obama_hagel_can/ - broken link)

Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,281,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in this?
I think he's demonstrated today that he doesn't really care about that. Probably best to ignore at this point, I'd say.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,729 times
Default Obama has worked with many Repubs, see LINKS!!!

Media Matters - Chicago Tribune 's Zuckman repeated McCain's suggestion that Obama had no bipartisan record -- but McCain has previously thanked Obama for bipartisanship

Obama’s Legislative Accomplishments (Updated)

From Opencongress, link below:
As I began looking through the bills each candidate has sponsored this session (Obama’s, McCain’s), it was instantly that education policy marks a stark contrast in the candidates legislative records this session – while Barack Obama has proposed 11 bills directly related to education, John McCain has introduced zero.
As is typical of senators from the minority party in Congress, McCain has introduced far fewer bills than Obama in general. Less than one-third, in fact. Still – and this isn’t scientific – I would say that 11 education bills is exceptionally high and zero is exceptionally low. Even looking at the Library of Congress’s Thomas.gov website for information on bills in the previous, 109th Congress, it doesn’t look like any of McCain’s bills last session were related to education policy.
OpenCongress - Congress Gossip Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections