Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US take $1.5 trillion in Iraqi oil?
Yes 67 47.52%
No 74 52.48%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:42 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,997,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I saw it, nowhere did it say he wants to take oil by force.
Ok, so how does he plan to "take" it?

Old 06-03-2016, 07:44 PM

501 posts, read 361,718 times
are you kidding me?

To ABC News he says "we should take the oil"

ABC News says "that would take thousands of troops"

Trump says "no it wouldn't, we've decapitated the Iraqi army"

To the Wall Street Journal he says "we should take the oil, you heard me, we should take the oil"

WSJ says "so you'd use troops to take Iraq's oil?"

Trump says "We'd make money, Iraq has $15 trillion in oil. We'd make a lot of money"

and he says "in war, to the victor goes the spoils"

and he says "You know, when i heard we were going into Iraq, people told me we were really there for the oil, I said, that sounds smart, but unfortunately Bush didn't take the oil"

In the Republican debates from last year he says "We should've taken the oil"

At CPAC '13 he again says "we should've taken the oil"

over and over and over.

What video were you watching???

Old 06-03-2016, 07:45 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
I saw it, nowhere did it say he wants to take oil by force.
Jeez, do you think he means to just ask for it and they'll hand it over and that none of the countries who need that oil will object either?

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Biggest most indefensible war crime? Well, what exactly would you call Obama's weak kneed "line in the sand" threat which is responsible for the Syrian refugee crisis.

We are witnessing the horrific results of Obama?s failure in Syria - Business Insider

Your rage is severly misplaced.

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Ok, so how does he plan to "take" it?
By taking it in exchange for all the aid we give them.

Why is is that you guys never believe Trump will do something he say he'll do when it's good, but believe him when you think it's something bad?

I know that Hillary doesn't have the slightest chance of winning by getting people to vote for her, and that you guys then have to all pretend that Trump is even worse than Hillary, but seriously, come up with something better than this nonsense.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
By taking it in exchange for all the aid we give them.

Why is is that you guys never believe Trump will do something he say he'll do when it's good, but believe him when you think it's something bad?
Let me get this straight, somehow you think the aid should be purchased? The point of foreign aid is to support and help an Government by giving it more resources not less.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:49 PM

ABC NEWS: http://blogs.abcnews.com/…/donald-trumps-solution-on-gas-pr…
CNN Money: https://youtu.be/TsMgF9LSWN4?t=3m53s
WSJ: http://blogs.wsj.com/…/trump-will-probably-run-as-indepen…/…
CPAC'13: CPAC 2013 Transcript of Donald Trump Remarks

ABC NEWS SOURCE:
Trump: George, let me explain something to you. We go into Iraq. We have spent thus far, $1.5 trillion. We could have rebuilt half of the United States. $1.5 trillion. And we’re going to then leave. So, in the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils. You go in. You win the war and you take it. … Stephanopoulos: It would take hundreds of thousands of troops to secure the oil fields.
Trump: Excuse me. No, it wouldn’t at all. … Stephanopoulos: So, we steal an oil field?
Trump: Excuse me. You’re not stealing. Excuse me. You’re not stealing anything. You’re taking-- we’re reimbursing ourselves-- at least, at a minimum, and I say more. We’re taking back $1.5 trillion to reimburse ourselves.

CPAC 13 speech:

Trump: With Iraq, we spend $1.5 trillion. $1.5 trillion. We lose lives; great, great, young, wonderful people. We lose so much. Why do we have nothing? We have nothing. When I heard that we were first going into Iraq, some very smart people told me, well we're actually going for the oil. I said, alright, I get that. I get that. There's nothing else. I get it. We didn't take the oil. And then when I said we spent $1.5 trillion, we should take 1.5 -- You know I don't know if you know, they have the second largest oil reserves in the world after Saudi Arabia. So 1.5 trillion is nothing. 1.5 trillion. We should take it and pay ourselves back.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:50 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Let me get this straight, somehow you think the aid should be purchased? The point of foreign aid is to support and help an Government by giving it more resources not less.
Aid is not charity.

Aid is given for many reasons, mostly strategic.

This is yet another fail by the haters.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Biggest most indefensible war crime? Well, what exactly would you call Obama's weak kneed "line in the sand" threat which is responsible for the Syrian refugee crisis.

We are witnessing the horrific results of Obama?s failure in Syria - Business Insider

Your rage is severly misplaced.
Are you kidding me? How is "line in the sand" a war crime? HOW?

How is threatening to attack Syria's war criminal Assad ITSELF a war crime?!?

Trump's plan would literally require the US to kill thousands of Iraqis. You'd be stealing 20% or more of Iraq's oil, which is the country's primary source of income. This is a country which has lost around 2 million people to conflict in the past 30 years and Trump wants to STEAL their money. It's disgusting. How is this remotely comparable to threatening the war criminal Assad???

Old 06-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Aid is not charity.

Aid is given for many reasons, mostly strategic.
Again how does taking the Oil help the situation? Iraq sell the oil for cash that it can use for it's government....Here have a few guns for your troops....I'll take your oil and some how Iraq be expected to pay for said troops! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections