Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 09:22 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,933,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
She certainly didn't like sending fighter jets into Libya when our embassy was attacked, which incidentally is considered an act of war by any nation. No she sat back and watched our embassy burn and our people die with fighter jets only a couple of hours away stationed in Italy just across the Mediterranean. Then she promoted Obama's talking points saying in front of the coffins of the people died, that they died because of a "stupid video". How pathetic is this women? She lives and breaths liberalism just as long as it suits her and what's even worse has no moral fortitude to say and do what's right, only what benefits her personally.
Don't give her the dignity of calling her a Republican.
You talk of dignity..and your nominee is Trump. Endless laughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 09:27 PM

17,350 posts, read 11,309,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
You talk of dignity..and your nominee is Trump. Endless laughter.
I'll take Trump over a pathetic pathological liar who got the rapist of a 12 year old girl off on a legal technicality and then laughed about it while demeaning the victim. Ha Ha!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:29 PM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
Congrats to Sanders and Hillary can keep losing support. She fell down again.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:33 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,977,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsWarmThisSeason View Post
It doesn't matter at this point. Winning a small state by about 5 pts changes nothing. He still trails by more than 300 elected delegates and 3 million votes.

I know a win is a win, unless Hilary is disqualified by a highly improbable occurrence, she's the nominee. As Sanders supporter I know any win feels good at this point, but that's all this is; a feel-good moment that changes nothing.
Here we go with the 3 million votes, small state BS again.

Indiana is the size of Massachussets and Arizona and number of votes is totally useless as a talking point when some states have caucuses and different primaries.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
There are two measures of where a candidate is in the nomination process: delegates and popular votes. You're right that delegates are what ultimately determines the nominee. Hilary leads by over 300, so what's you're point?

By any realistic indicator, Clinton's lead is insurmountable. Even Sanders has all but acknowledged this.
Hillary leads by around 280 delegates, not over 300. And popular votes are totally meaningless when states have completely different rules and setups.

While I dont have a problem with you quitting, I dont understand why you feel the urge to convince others to give up as well. I dont see what you gain by trying to convince others.

Last edited by PCALMike; 05-03-2016 at 09:52 PM..

Old 05-03-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Only that the remaining states are just a formality. Sanders certainly has every right to keep running, but he's just playing out a game he's lost. It's sort of like a basketball game with 8 minutes left: One team leads by 28 pts (Hilary), and that team has won unless they give the game away.

Sure, I understand why Sanders wants to finish the game, but he's not going to win. That's my only point.
Its a very narrow path to victory, I dont see the point in trying to convince other fellow supporters to quit like you have.

Last edited by PCALMike; 05-03-2016 at 11:14 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 12:47 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Only that the remaining states are just a formality. Sanders certainly has every right to keep running, but he's just playing out a game he's lost. It's sort of like a basketball game with 8 minutes left: One team leads by 28 pts (Hilary), and that team has won unless they give the game away
Sure, I understand why Sanders wants to finish the game, but he's not going to win. That's my only point.
You missed the point completely. (Or won't acknowledge it. )

That is, Hillary is a very weak candidate.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Dems got what they worked so hard for - Hillary vs Trump. Now I just hope it works out the way it was planned.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:08 AM

59,199 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I voted in the Indiana primary today for Trump.

I will vote for the Democratic nominee in November, regardless of the nominee. I'm not the only one.

I love having an open primary.

Oh, and PENCE MUST GO.
Which is why open primaries are a SHAM!

Old 05-04-2016, 06:13 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Dems got what they worked so hard for - Hillary vs Trump. Now I just hope it works out the way it was planned.
Many people think that Trump will energize the democrats to come out to vote against him. I'm not so sure.

They keep repeating how Clinton is a sure thing in the general election. That will keep the lazy people home on Election Day.

That, and very few people are excited about Hillary. That will keep the uninspired home on Election Day.

I'm not saying Trump will win, though I hope he does. I'm just saying that Hillary is not the lock that some people think she is. There is plenty of time for Trump to improve his numbers. There is also plenty of time for him to screw things up. One bad incident is all it could take for either candidate to jump the shark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections