Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 05:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Trump is going to continue to be attacked hard from the right as well.

Also, it won't stop if he wins the presidency. Both of these groups are going to go after him hammer and tongs from from the conventions onwards. It isn't going to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 05:43 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
If by "liberal onslaught" you mean ad hominen attacks that no one cares about? Dragging up stuff TRump said or did 30 years ago, whining about his tax returns, his love life, his business practices (IE nothing relevant to being President) said by the same dopey idiots who had nothing to say about Obummers fitness to be PResident? Liberal onslaught? more like childish gossip. No thanks, Ill pass

Old 05-13-2016, 05:45 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I really don't think that Trump & his supporters are at all prepared for the hatchet job that Democrats & the liberal media are going to do to Trump over the next six moths.
Donald Trump is oblivious to many things. If he really has no clue about the kind of digging the media will do on him, he's dumber than I thought.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:49 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Donald Trump is oblivious to many things. If he really has no clue about the kind of digging the media will do on him, he's dumber than I thought.
Once again, WHO cares? The liberal media is a bunch of DNC whores who care nothing about bieng objective, nope they gleefully spread rumors, half truths and fear mongering.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-13-2016 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 05-13-2016, 05:54 PM

491 posts, read 319,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Once again, WHO cares? The liberal media is a bunch of DNC whores who care nothing about bieng objective, nope they gleefully spread rumors, half truths and fear mongering.
I agree with your point about the liberal media being a bunch of DNC whores, the the hard truth of the matter is that half truths and rumors are often what influence elections. (And in Trump's case, I am not sure that all of these stories are merely "rumors." But there have been cases in the past where liberals have just made up stores--such as when liberals alleged that Romney was a "tax felon"--and it had an impact on the election.)

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-13-2016 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 05-13-2016, 06:05 PM

952 posts, read 518,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
He has no clue. He's always been able, in business, to shrug even the biggest claims off and still get by. Different game now that he's running for Prez. He, the king of the birthers, knows that.

As far as the MSM going after him now, it does seem unfair...they should have been doing this 'vetting' from the day Trump announced his run...

Old 05-13-2016, 06:10 PM

491 posts, read 319,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
He has no clue. He's always been able, in business, to shrug even the biggest claims off and still get by. Different game now that he's running for Prez. He, the king of the birthers, knows that.

As far as the MSM going after him now, it does seem unfair...they should have been doing this 'vetting' from the day Trump announced his run...
The mainstream media purposely did not do any of this "vetting" until Trump got the GOP nomination, because they knew that he would be the easiest candidate for Hillary to beat. It amazes me that so many GOP primary voters didn't realize this. It reflects a total ignorance when it comes to understanding exactly how the liberal media works.

These people seem to be equally ignorant when they somehow think that Hillary will be indicted before the election. Now don't get me wrong, because I think that she is guilty as sin. Yet because a Democratic Department of Justice is conducting this investigation, I expect Clinton to get little more than a slap on the wrist. (Does anybody honestly believe that the Democrats are going to sabotage their own election chances by indicting Hillary before November?)

Old 05-13-2016, 06:10 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
If by "liberal onslaught" you mean ad hominen attacks that no one cares about? Dragging up stuff TRump said or did 30 years ago, whining about his tax returns, his love life, his business practices (IE nothing relevant to being President) said by the same dopey idiots who had nothing to say about Obummers fitness to be PResident? Liberal onslaught? more like childish gossip. No thanks, Ill pass
Excuse me but, someone who's entire resume for running for President is "I'm the best businessman" -- well, his business practices are fair game. It's totally relevant.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:12 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Once again, WHO THE F cares? The liberal media is a bunch of DNC whores who care nothing about bieng objective, nope they gleefully spread rumors, half truths and fear mongering.
All American media is owned by six corporations. Every set of facts for any given story is written with a slant to pander to a specific demographic in order to retain readership/viewership and maintain ad revenues. If you believe anything you hear on any of them from MSNBC to FOX, from the NYT to the Daily News, you're being played for a sucker, successfully.

In short "Liberal Media" is a figment of your imagination. Pure mass hallucination.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I agree with your point about the liberal media being a bunch of DNC whores, the the hard truth of the matter is that half truths and rumors are often what influence elections. (And in Trump's case, I am not sure that all of these stories are merely "rumors." But there have been cases in the past where liberals have just made up stores--such as when liberals alleged that Romney was a "tax felon"--and it had an impact on the election.)
It's hard to believe that people STILL don't understand what is going on in this election. This election boils down to one issue only, on both sides, and that is immigration. The two candidates with the most well known dirt in their past are at the top of the tickets. Nothing new will come out about Trump because if it was known Cruz would have used it. Hillary Clinton has lied over and over again, done criminal things as an agent of the government (worse than greasing a few palms for real estate deals in NYC and Jersey), and people will still vote for her on that single issue. Ditto for Trump voters. They neuter each other because Clinton can't go all out against him for his women or dirty dealings since he will hit back with all of her dirty dealings and smearing of Bill's women.

If you ask me, Bernie would be the better candidate against Trump, but it doesn't look like the DNC wants that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections