U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 03:40 PM

35,087 posts, read 34,276,156 times

Advertisements

Gathered from a variety of locations. Have a good laugh. The first reporter is my favorite:

“Donald Trump is not going to be the next president of the United States. This reporter is already on record pledging to eat a bag of rusty nails if the real estate tycoon with the high hair manages to snag the GOP nomination, much less takes down likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton next fall.” Ben White, CNBC 7/17/15

Trump won't win, but yes, he matters

“It is possible Trump will not win any primary…” George Will, Washington Post 12/23/15

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...aae_story.html

“Our emphatic prediction is simply that Trump will not win the nomination. It’s not even clear that he’s trying to do so.” Nate Silver Five Thirty Eight Aug 11, 2015

Donald Trump Is Winning The Polls

“This is a summer fling, nothing more.” Charlie Cook Bloomberg Politics 8/15/15

‘Trump Will Never Be the Republican Nominee,’ Charlie Cook Says - Bloomberg Politics

"Trump is on his way out. People have had enough of him, he has no substance, and he's on his way out. That's what I'm seeing." Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay on Newsmax TV 10/28/15

Tom DeLay: Trump's Done; Carson or Cruz May Nab Nomination

“Trump is unlikely to be the Republican nominee and will probably not even be a serious threat to Republicans as a third-party candidate next year.” Rich Lowry, National Review 10/5/15

Donald Trump Wrong for GOP

I guarantee Donald Trump won't be the Republican nominee.” Bill Kristol on Morning Joe 10/22/15

Kristol: I Guarantee Donald Trump Won't Be Republican Nominee | Video | RealClearPolitics

“And [there will] be fewer people, and one of them will take on Trump and, I’m sure, beat him soundly for the Republican nomination,” he said. “So, not to worry.” New Hampshire’s Union Leader Publisher Joseph McQuaid 12/29/15

N.H. Union Leader publisher: Trump will get beaten 'soundly' for GOP nomination - Washington Times

"Mr. Sanders and Mr. Trump won’t win their party’s nomination." Karl Rove Wall Street Journal 7/8/15

Trump and Sanders, the Disrupter Brothers - WSJ

“I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee, and I think in time, the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us.” Ted Cruz to Rita Cosby WABC Radio 10/09/15

Ted Cruz: Donald Trump Won't Be GOP Nominee; I Will Take His Supporters - Breitbart

"I don't think that Donald Trump is very likely to win the nomination in part because he's not really a Republican." Nate Silver Editor Five Thirty Eight Sep. 10, 2015

Nate Silver: Donald Trump won't win - Business Insider

“Could this be the beginning of the end of Donald Trump?” Dana Milbank, Washington Post 9/17/15

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...html?tid=a_inl

“Most of the politically savvy people I know are still confident that Donald Trump will not be the Republican nominee for president." Jonah Goldberg, National Review 10/23/15

Donald Trump Presidential Campaign -- What It Says about the GOP | National Review Online

"Donald Trump is almost certainly not going to be the Republican presidential nominee, and his candidacy puts the Republican Party in a quandary over its rules for which candidates to include in debates." Perry Bacon Jr, Meet The Press 6/16/15

Can Donald Trump Win? - NBC News

“My advice to the Republican Party would be not to worry about Donald Trump. This will work out and a year from now, the party will be defined much more by the nominee than these pre-season skirmishes. My bet is that Trump will be trying to help a nominee win and will play a positive role.” Stewart Stevens – The Daily Beast 8/20/15

Why Trump Will Never Make the Ballot - The Daily Beast

“…a former campaign adviser to both Jeb and George W. Bush, offered a similar evaluation of Trump’s chances, saying he won’t be able to grow his support past 40 percent, if that, and while the real-estate mogul “surprised us…I don’t think he’s going to be the nominee in that sense.” Alex Castellanos MSNBC 8/23/15

GOP campaign strategists: Trump will not be the nominee | MSNBC

“Donald Trump is not going to get the nomination. I have enough confidence in the Republican primary voters in these early states and beyond. I’ll trust them to make that decision... I think people are going to see that Donald Trump isn’t a serious candidate.” Jeb Bush on ABC’s This Week 12/6/15

Jeb: 'Donald Trump Is Not Going to Get the Nomination' - Breitbart

“Here is what will not happen, Donald Trump is not going to be the nominee of the Republican party. If he is, that’s the end of the Republican party.” Lindsey Graham, CNN’s “At This Hour” 8/25/15

Graham: If 'Idiot' Trump Is the GOP Nominee, We'll Lose and We Should Lose - Breitbart

“Donald Trump will not be the nominee. Ultimately our nominee will come from the mainstream conservative bracket. I don’t know who that will be.” Mitt Romney, Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business 9/30/15.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eac_story.html

"There's a lot of people that are going to be, I think have a better chance of being our nominee before Donald Trump." Rick Perry, "Your World with Neil Cavuto” 7/22/15

Sen. Ayotte: No Need to Support Trump

“I don't think he will be our nominee. So I don't think I'll have to worry about supporting him.” Kelly Ayotte, "Your World with Neil Cavuto” 7/22/15

Sen. Ayotte: No Need to Support Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 03:43 PM

18,158 posts, read 9,172,198 times
Can we collect on Kristols guarantee?

Old 05-26-2016, 03:43 PM

4,689 posts, read 2,895,317 times
Glad to see the Trump supporters still hate the GOP, I agree too.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 9,172,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Glad to see the Trump supporters still hate the GOP, I agree too.
Not afraid to take their party to task.. How's Burnie doin?

Old 05-26-2016, 03:49 PM

27,375 posts, read 9,659,892 times
Crow under glass the pundits and political class's staple.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:51 PM

13,801 posts, read 6,588,618 times
Great topic for a thread, Laura!

Thanks for taking the time to compile all the info

Old 05-26-2016, 03:56 PM

46,898 posts, read 18,930,082 times
Thanks.

This topic should be sticked at top of forum.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:59 PM

35,087 posts, read 34,276,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Great topic for a thread, Laura!

Thanks for taking the time to compile all the info
Only meteorologists can be as wrong as some of these guys and still keep their jobs. It makes me wonder just how wrong they are with their Middle East predictions.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:07 PM

79,555 posts, read 34,821,943 times
This has been covered many times but this is a pretty good overall gathering of the information and I do have to chuckle...

“Donald Trump will not be the nominee. Ultimately our nominee will come from the mainstream conservative bracket. I don’t know who that will be.” Mitt Romney, Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business 9/30/15.

There was no mainstream conservative bracket. Romney is unable to tell the difference in Conservatism and corporatism. It's a good part of the reason he lost.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:13 PM

35,126 posts, read 42,570,593 times
For all you righties,now that Trump has the votes needed to be the republican nominee for President Are you going to back him and the Republican party?or just sit this one out?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36392084
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or