Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 10:08 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,136,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Well well well. It seems like just yesterday these GOP minions were screaming "He's got to get to 1239. He'll NEVER get to 1239. But close isn't close enough. It HAS to be the majority. Those are the rules. He knew the rules going in".

Now the little minions want to run around his majority. Kinda makes a momma proud. They grow up SO fast.

Idiots.
Has there ever been a candidate before that the majority of the delegates don't want? We're not talking about a small group, like the Ron Paul supporters, we're talking the majority.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:09 AM

754 posts, read 489,624 times
If that's the case they should AVOID picking Cruz. The last poll had him losing by 10 points to Hillary.

Might as well go with Romney. Cruz isn't electable. Romney was close to Obama last time (within 4 points) and Obama was a far better candidate.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Sounds like a delegate revolt might be in the making.
Heard yesterday that Trump doesn't have a strong staff and nearly enough to keep on top of things like this.

And the things his staff does tackle is usually reactionary, damage control like answering the question about his racist comments.

Clinton, I hear has over 20 staff members assigned just in media communications alone. Background in Bill's elections and 2008 has helped Clinton this election.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:16 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,801,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Although there are certainly several other threads on this topic, I will ahead and 'cut and paste' my response on one of those threads:

As I mentioned in another thread, the weekend of June 18th Senator Cruz (of Canadian birth) is hosting a huge party, in California, for his top supporters, bundlers, super-pac people, big money donors, etc. It is, according to my sister, a 'thank you' party, but one may wonder.

Anyway, here is an article about yet another event, sans Trump, this coming weekend, hosted by Mitt Romney:

Republican elites retreat to a Trump-safe space: Mitt Romney's place - CNNPolitics.com

I still think that when the delegates meet in Cleveland, that Mr. Trump will be nominated. I simply can't see the delegate committee adopting rules, for instance, unbinding delegates for the first vote. For one, many of those on the committee (I assume, which is dangerous) are 'for' Trump. Second, even if the delegates were unbounded, I feel enough would still vote for Trump on the first ballot. It would start a 'civil war', without any benefit to either side.

Yet, one does wonder about Mr. Romney's meeting in Utah this weekend, and Senator Cruz's 'party' the next.

I mean, Senator Cruz could have sent everyone a nice 'thank you' card, perhaps with a spiral ham.
Interesting about Cruz. That guy has been awfully quiet and we all know he's mean as a snake. I've been wondering what he's got up his sleeve.

If they manage to nominate someone other than Trump, they're going to get creamed in November anyway because the Trump supporters will either stay home of vote for Johnson. The GOP backed themselves into this corner with their hateful rhetoric and politics.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:19 PM

4,550 posts, read 4,094,966 times
better stop eating what the msm is serving then

Old 06-09-2016, 12:25 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Clinton, I hear has over 20 staff members assigned just in media communications alone. Background in Bill's elections and 2008 has helped Clinton this election.
Of course she does. She has hundreds. All those millions from Wall Street, Foreign governments and the donor class has to be spent somewhere.

BTW, this isn't a good thing.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:38 PM

26,238 posts, read 22,408,737 times
But the voters have spoken and made a choice. Trump passes Romney’s popular vote total, likely to break GOP record - POLITICO

As we know, there is bitterness over Trump upsetting the dynasty plan. Sour grapes are to be expected. And, I bet someone using that mouth is also being critical of Trump for the way he sometimes talks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections