Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 11:47 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,985,742 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hic8c7I3gmY

Elizabeth Warren supports her too.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:09 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hic8c7I3gmY

Elizabeth Warren supports her too.
He does, but then again Dean is a lobbyist hack who was a progressive in name only- dare I say, PINO. He actually had some progressive ideas back in 2004, but ran into the DNC establishment that decided on another establishment candidate, Kerry, who pathetically lost to Bush. Dean and Bernie have never, ever been allies, and he has supported Clinton for a while now.

Last edited by Acuda; 06-09-2016 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
He does, but then again Dean is a lobbyist hack who was a progressive in name only- dare I say, PINO. He actually had some progressive ideas back in 2004,...
The Bernies were all in on Dean in '04. Todays Bernies were Deanies.

Quote:
...but ran into the DNC establishment that decided on another establishment candidate, Kerry, who pathetically lost to Bush.
Uh, no. Voters decided on an establishment after Dean's ridiculous war whoop on mic was circulated.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
The Bernies were all in on Dean in '04. Todays Bernies were Deanies.

Uh, no. Voters decided on an establishment after Dean's ridiculous war whoop on mic was circulated.
Dean was not a progressive liberal and even the brilliant Molly Ivins recognized this early as she wrote about this numerous times. Heck, even Dean said this- so no, the true progressive Bernie supporters were not Deaniacs. I would suggest they were overwhelming Kucinich supporters- well, not the millenials. The Dean Scream was not the reason he lost. That was simply one of the nails- the final one- in his campaign as the DNC machine went into motion, fully unleashing the media and funding anti-Dean attack ads. I think it was after the labor unions, Gore, and a few others endorsed him, the establishment Beltway Dems, in particular the DLC, opened a can of whoop $&@ on his campaign and that huge summer '03 lead shrank substantially and thus destroyed the outside threat. Yeah, the Dean Scream was what most people think killed Dean, but that is what people saw on TV. His loss was set in motion way before Iowa. But, he is a Hillary shill now and part of the establishment, so funny how things work out.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Dean was not a progressive liberal and even the brilliant Molly Ivins recognized this early as she wrote about this numerous times. Heck, even Dean said this- so no, the true progressive Bernie supporters were not Deaniacs. I would suggest they were overwhelming Kucinich supporters- well, not the millenials. The Dean Scream was not the reason he lost. That was simply one of the nails- the final one- in his campaign as the DNC machine went into motion, fully unleashing the media and funding anti-Dean attack ads. I think it was after the labor unions, Gore, and a few others endorsed him, the establishment Beltway Dems, in particular the DLC, opened a can of whoop $&@ on his campaign and that huge summer '03 lead shrank substantially and thus destroyed the outside threat. Yeah, the Dean Scream was what most people think killed Dean, but that is what people saw on TV. His loss was set in motion way before Iowa. But, he is a Hillary shill now and part of the establishment, so funny how things work out.
Todays Bernies were 2004's Deanies, and you know it.

And the Dean Scream showed how wacked out his like-minded movement was.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Todays Bernies were 2004's Deanies, and you know it.

And the Dean Scream showed how wacked out his like-minded movement was.
If you want to argue about who Bernie supporters voted for 12 years ago, go for it...then look up Dennis Kucinich, because many supporter him. What is actually whacked is how the Two party system sabotages outside candidates and so many think it is just coincidence.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:40 PM

24,026 posts, read 15,129,288 times
I know many people who were in that room when the Dean scream happened. They were stunned to see the tv version. The said the whole room was making a bunch of noise.

They reported that CNN filtered out the room noise so the scream was more prevalent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.