Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 03:47 PM

20,837 posts, read 17,115,957 times

Advertisements

How often do a pig, a snake and a jack russell really get along. They'll be hacking off one another's parts within a month.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:10 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay. Trump shouldn't have cheated. I never said it was right. Nor did I say that it was always the fault of the woman. It's despicable that you would spin it that way.

Funny how you ignore the part where Ivana divorced him over what happened. Yet, Hillary still stayed with Bill despite him cheating over and over again. Not only that, she enabled him to do so.

Now you're engaging in personal attacks. You're doing so because you are deflecting and can't make a coherent argument.
You expect a coherent argument from a hillary supporter?
That is like wanting a coherent argument from an anti-gun fanatic.
It just ain't gonna happen!
there is no way in h-e-double toothpicks I would EVER accept any recommendation from obama, clinton, warren, or a bush.
I don't like trump.
But I will NOT vote for hillary. Not this year, not ever.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:11 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
The poorly educated white crowd that has fallen for the con are still smarter and more useful than the minorities that are supporting Hillary. They're literally the people that make this country work. Without them, this place would look like Mexico or Brazil and that's a fact jack.

Also, a good portion of the educated liberals in my circle are so pissed off about blacks and Hispanics pushing Bernie out of the nomination that they claim they're staying home, voting 3rd party, or they've turned to the dark side and are voting for Trump LOL

jokes on you
Don't think the joke is on me at all, but check back with me in November and we will see who is laughing last. Regarding, who makes this country work, we ALL do, but it's quite typical for someone like you to think the white man's ice is colder, and also an indispensable force. Blacks built this country and Hispanics keep it going to this very day. Further, there is virtually no job or task that I can think of that can't be done by a black, hispanic, asian or other minority.

So, Jack, this country and the world is changing fast, which I know upsets you,but we're all in the same boat, and will either learn to adjust, or good luck to you in finding your new paradise.

I'm not going anywhere!

Old 06-10-2016, 04:31 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Any Bernie supporter who votes for Trump is totally ignorant of what the Sanders campaign stood for and can't be counted as a true supporter to begin with. Sanders hates Trump with a passion, and has pledged to do everything in his power to ensure Trump doesn't gain the White House. Anyone who is a true Bernie advocate could not possibly vote for the orange man. If they do, they were merely pretenders to the movement Bernie started.

I agree that some of them won't vote for Clinton. But the real Sanders fans won't vote for Trump, either. They'll stay home or vote third party.
Clinton supporters are absolutely THE most ignorant about Bernie Busters.

It wasn't about the free stuff, and it's not about Sanders. Sanders is simply 1 man, an embodiment of ideals that many people hold strongly. Sanders is a supporter of the people, not the other way around, which is why Clinton can't expect our favor.

Anybody that thinks it was about minimum wage, free college, or universal healthcare entirely missed the point and are still missing the point. But what could you expect from individuals that respect somebody that has no integrity and spits on democracy.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
It's pretty clear that the team that is going to lay waste to Trump and his pathetic quest for the Presidency is BO, HC and EW.

BO is going to play the role of "Humiliator in Chief" by taking every opportunity to remind voters that Trump is a joke, and consistently put him down in the cutting and humorous way that only BO can. He will do it though with grace and class not like little Marco. He will also be a reminder of what a real President with gravitas looks and sounds like - in contrast to the guy with no policies and little hands.

HC will for the most part stay above the fray, but regularly emphasize that Trump is not suited or ready for prime time especially as it relates to the nuclear button and US prestige around the world. As a result she can focus on money raising, organization, and the consistent roll out of policies.

EW is going to be tearing him a new one, and hit him over and over again as a small minded money grubber, who could care less about the little guy and is a one percenter through and through. Trump will eventually lose it with EW and say or do something really stupid that will simply reinforce his thin skin and ugly thinking.

Can't wait!

Lol, "cutting and humorous?" Surely, you jest.

There's no one more mean-spirited and divisive than your buddy. And did I say "proud?" No sitting president has ever insinuated himself into an upcoming election the way Obama has. His thin skin can't take scrutiny of his "legacy." Too bad, so sad.

You should hope his teleprompter works. Ibidee ibidee ibidee ibidee ibidee is amusing, but won't change anyone's mind.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Clinton supporters are absolutely THE most ignorant about Bernie Busters.

It wasn't about the free stuff, and it's not about Sanders. Sanders is simply 1 man, an embodiment of ideals that many people hold strongly. Sanders is a supporter of the people, not the other way around, which is why Clinton can't expect our favor.

Anybody that thinks it was about minimum wage, free college, or universal healthcare entirely missed the point and are still missing the point. But what could you expect from individuals that respect somebody that has no integrity and spits on democracy.
I voted for Sanders in my primary. I know what the Sanders movement is about, and I agree with it.

So will you call Sanders a sellout and walk away from him and all that the movement has accomplished if he campaigns with Clinton?

Old 06-10-2016, 05:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

There's no one more mean-spirited and divisive than your buddy. And did I say "proud?" No sitting president has ever insinuated himself into an upcoming election the way Obama has. His thin skin can't take scrutiny of his "legacy." Too bad, so sad.

You should hope his teleprompter works. Ibidee ibidee ibidee ibidee ibidee is amusing, but won't change anyone's mind.
Well, it IS true that no one and I mean NO ONE wanted to be seen with Bush II so I can understand where people get the impression that sitting president's don't campaign for their successors.

However, it's a long standing tradition.

To be fair - Gore didn't want Clinton stumping for him either - which was a HUGE mistake because Bill still had great favorable numbers.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:37 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I voted for Sanders in my primary. I know what the Sanders movement is about, and I agree with it.

So will you call Sanders a sellout and walk away from him and all that the movement has accomplished if he campaigns with Clinton?
I will walk away from him, yes, but not the movement. He does not own or control that.

He called out the establishment as inherently compromised by big money. You don't say something like that then just fall in line.

People didn't wake up one day and decide they're going to adopt "his" values. He tapped into the sentiments and beliefs that millions of people already held.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I will walk away from him, yes, but not the movement. He does not own or control that.

He called out the establishment as inherently compromised by big money. You don't say something like that then just fall in line.

People didn't wake up one day and decide they're going to adopt "his" values. He tapped into the sentiments and beliefs that millions of people already held.
Fair enough. I believe Sanders is going to try to use his clout with the Democratic party to push through some of his ideas in the platform, and, when Clinton is in office, through the Senate as well. I know he won't get everything he wants, but it's unrealistic to expect it to happen all at once.

And I truly believe Sanders doesn't want to see Trump in the White House, and he will work to make sure that doesn't happen, if nothing else. As I said earlier, I expect there will be a lot of Sanders supporters who won't vote for Hillary, and I can respect that. But contrary to what some Trump supporters are hoping for, I doubt many will cross over to vote for Trump. He is the antithesis of everything Sanders campaigned for.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:12 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

No I am not jesting and I could have added Sanders and Biden who are also about to tear him a new one.

What you call proud regarding BO I call confident which gives folks like you heartburn. I wonder why?

Regarding oratorical skills he puts screaming Donny to shame and has what your clown will never have - the Presidency.

I could go on but why bother so I'll just drop the mic and move on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections