Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:45 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
It's pretty clear that the team that is going to lay waste to Trump and his pathetic quest for the Presidency is BO, HC and EW.

BO is going to play the role of "Humiliator in Chief" by taking every opportunity to remind voters that Trump is a joke, and consistently put him down in the cutting and humorous way that only BO can. He will do it though with grace and class not like little Marco. He will also be a reminder of what a real President with gravitas looks and sounds like - in contrast to the guy with no policies and little hands.

HC will for the most part stay above the fray, but regularly emphasize that Trump is not suited or ready for prime time especially as it relates to the nuclear button and US prestige around the world. As a result she can focus on money raising, organization, and the consistent roll out of policies.

EW is going to be tearing him a new one, and hit him over and over again as a small minded money grubber, who could care less about the little guy and is a one percenter through and through. Trump will eventually lose it with EW and say or do something really stupid that will simply reinforce his thin skin and ugly thinking.

Can't wait!
LOL

I love finding these old posts.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
LOL

I love finding these old posts.
Why, because they warned us of what would happen if Trump won? When I read them, I see foreboding truths.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Why, because they warned us of what would happen if Trump won? When I read them, I see foreboding truths.
No, because people truly didn't think it could/would actually happen. They severely underestimated not only Trump, but many people in this country.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
No, because people truly didn't think it could/would actually happen. They severely underestimated not only Trump, but many people in this country.
I disagree. I think they gave people a lot more credit, which is why they never thought he'd be elected.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I disagree. I think they gave people a lot more credit, which is why they never thought he'd be elected.
That's one way to look at it, if you'd like to insult a big chunk of the country, likely without understanding why they voted how they did (and why Hillary lost). I choose to not do that but hey, do what you want.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
That's one way to look at it, if you'd like to insult a big chunk of the country, likely without understanding why they voted how they did (and why Hillary lost). I choose to not do that but hey, do what you want.
I have friends who voted for Trump. It doesn't mean I think I'm better than they are, only that I believe they made a very bad mistake.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:49 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
I have friends who voted for Trump. It doesn't mean I think I'm better than they are, only that I believe they made a very bad mistake.

and IMO Trump voters like myself insured we'd avoid the huge mistake of HRC.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
What we should gather from these threads is that the (D)'s made a very big mistake running what was probably the most flawed candidate they could find even though the writing was indeed on the wall that large portions of the country wanted nothing to do with her and that this lesson still has not been grasped and learned by many.

The take from all of this is not that a long shot can win. It's that the (D)'s failed positions can't win. Continue to pimp for Wall Street. Continue to promote war. Pretend that people care more about where a few people can pee over things like this and guarantee yourself more losses.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
Hahahahaha! Revisiting these old threads are comedy GOLD.
It sure is easier than trying to defend Trump. I don`t remember another president talking about stealing another country`s resources. Do you?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.35c70d343089

Old 02-20-2017, 06:52 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

The take from all of this is not that a long shot can win. It's that the (D)'s failed positions can't win. Continue to pimp for Wall Street. Continue to promote war. Pretend that people care more about where a few people can pee over things like this and guarantee yourself more losses.

Plus, Dems learned math. Acela Belt plus West Coast plus Losing all Middle America < 270
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.