Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:31 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
She did what was best for her own future career by not endorsing and aligning with either one of them before one became the clear winner. By you claiming she "did not have the balls to endorse him" you're assuming she actually favored him. Hearing her speak tonight, though, that would be a hard case to make.

I do too.
Why? What has she accomplished for the people she is suppose to serve?

We know for herself, she checked the "box":

Elizabeth Warren Acknowledges Listing Herself As Native American To Harvard, Penn

Elizabeth Warren History Of 'Minority Status' Listings At Odds With New Book's Claims - Breitbart

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Electio...ut-allegations

Old 06-09-2016, 11:43 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Prove Elizabeth Warren gained anything by saying she had Native American Ancestry.

The professor-turned-politician said her parents had eloped, and she had always wondered why. Over the years, she said, the story emerged that “my parents were very much in love, they wanted to get married, and my father’s mother and father said, ‘No. You cannot marry her, because she is part Cherokee and part Delaware.’”

Warren contributed recipes to a Native American cookbook called “Pow Wow Chow,” published in 1984 by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum in Muskogee, Okla. She signed her entries “Elizabeth Warren -- Cherokee.”

So her parents tell her and some of the cousin's relatives talked about it less because they didn't want to have Native American heritage in their family. She contributes recipes to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago.

Big deal.

"...she did groundbreaking research while teaching at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law on how the nation’s bankruptcy code was affecting average families.

Warren and two colleagues studied court records to determine who was filing for bankruptcy and why. They found that single catastrophic events -- such as medical problems or unemployment -- rather than dereliction often caused working-class families to renege on debt.

This work put Warren at the cutting edge of a new school of legal thought that emphasized real impacts on people’s lives rather than mere theory. It also led to her first book, “As We Forgive Our Debtors,” which won the American Bar Association’s Silver Gavel Award after it was published in 1989.

After Warren began teaching at Harvard, she served on a commission that helped overhaul the federal bankruptcy laws in 1997. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) also appointed her in 2008 to chair a Congressional panel that oversaw the bank bailouts.

Elizabeth Warren is accomplished in her own right. She gained nothing from the lore of her family's heritage and contributed to an Indian cookbook.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...9258_blog.html

Old 06-09-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Prove Elizabeth Warren gained anything by saying she had Native American Ancestry.

The professor-turned-politician said her parents had eloped, and she had always wondered why. Over the years, she said, the story emerged that “my parents were very much in love, they wanted to get married, and my father’s mother and father said, ‘No. You cannot marry her, because she is part Cherokee and part Delaware.’”

Warren contributed recipes to a Native American cookbook called “Pow Wow Chow,” published in 1984 by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum in Muskogee, Okla. She signed her entries “Elizabeth Warren -- Cherokee.”

So her parents tell her and some of the cousin's relatives talked about it less because they didn't want to have Native American heritage in their family. She contributes recipes to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago.

Big deal.

"...she did groundbreaking research while teaching at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law on how the nation’s bankruptcy code was affecting average families.

Warren and two colleagues studied court records to determine who was filing for bankruptcy and why. They found that single catastrophic events -- such as medical problems or unemployment -- rather than dereliction often caused working-class families to renege on debt.

This work put Warren at the cutting edge of a new school of legal thought that emphasized real impacts on people’s lives rather than mere theory. It also led to her first book, “As We Forgive Our Debtors,” which won the American Bar Association’s Silver Gavel Award after it was published in 1989.

After Warren began teaching at Harvard, she served on a commission that helped overhaul the federal bankruptcy laws in 1997. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) also appointed her in 2008 to chair a Congressional panel that oversaw the bank bailouts.

Elizabeth Warren is accomplished in her own right. She gained nothing from the lore of her family's heritage and contributed to an Indian cookbook.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...9258_blog.html
For a white woman saying she's 1/32 native american ancestory and claiming minority status as a result is a stretch by anyone's imagination:

Elizabeth Warren and Cherokee heritage: what is known about allegations - CSMonitor.com

To me that's like saying since life was suppose to have originated in Africa, I'm african so I'm a minority. Heck, we are all minorities then!

I'm sure she did very well for herself but I ask you again.....what has she accomplished for the people of MA, not herself, as a senator of MA?

Old 06-09-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
For a white woman saying she's 1/32 native american ancestory and claiming minority status as a result is a stretch by anyone's imagination:

Elizabeth Warren and Cherokee heritage: what is known about allegations - CSMonitor.com

I'm sure she did very well for herself.

So I ask you again.....what has she accomplished for the people, not herself, as a senator of MA?
Minority status has gotten her exactly what? Her parents tell her she is part Cherokee, she contributes to an Indian cookbook, goes on to be a very accomplished professor, does groundbreaking research on debt and helps create bankruptcy legislation, writes several books, then is elected Senator of Massachusetts where she represents the people of Massachusetts.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Minority status has gotten her exactly what? Her parents tell her she is part Cherokee, she contributes to an Indian cookbook, goes on to be a very accomplished professor, does groundbreaking research on debt and helps create bankruptcy legislation, writes several books, then is elected Senator of Massachusetts where she represents the people of Massachusetts.
And her accomplishments serving the people of MA as senator is/are

1.)

2.)

etc

Old 06-10-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
And her accomplishments serving the people of MA as senator is/are

1.)

2.)

etc
I know your goal is to belittle Senator Elizabeth Warren because who knows why but these are the committees she is on as Senator:

Senate Special Committee on Aging - 8
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs - 8
Subcommittee on Economic Policy - Ranking Minority Member
Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection - 6
Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment - 6
Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources - 10
Subcommittee on Energy - 8
Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining - 7
Subcommittee on National Parks - 6
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions - 10
Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security - 7

Information on Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts

You could also email her and tell her you want to belittle her on the CD forum and see if she will help you.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:10 AM

7,730 posts, read 8,825,031 times
Quote:
Minority status has gotten her exactly what?
Then what's her motive for claiming to be native American when she's only 1/32?

Old 06-10-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I know your goal is to belittle Senator Elizabeth Warren because who knows why but these are the committees she is on as Senator:

Senate Special Committee on Aging - 8
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs - 8
Subcommittee on Economic Policy - Ranking Minority Member
Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection - 6
Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment - 6
Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources - 10
Subcommittee on Energy - 8
Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining - 7
Subcommittee on National Parks - 6
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions - 10
Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security - 7

Information on Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts

You could also email her and tell her you want to belittle her on the CD forum and see if she will help you.
Being on subcommittees(ie based on my experience, people who attend meeting and accomplish little/nothing) is not an accomplishment. Typical politician "accomplishments".

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
It does seem selfish for a white woman to claim herself as a "minority" for that 1/32, ie 3 1/8%. She's almost 97% white. She's majority white, not a minority in my book.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Why not? If her parents told her she was and she believed it enough to contribute to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago, what is the big deal?

Donald Trump received five military deferments and then got out of the draft with a foot ailment so minor he cannot remember which foot it was. Elizabeth Warren did absolutely nothing wrong.

Quote:

It does seem selfish for a white woman to claim herself as a "minority" for that 1/32, ie 3 1/8%. She's almost 97% white. She's majority white, not a minority in my book.
So you decide what percentage matters. Trump says a guy born in America is not American yet his dad was here before Trump's mom. It's all relative. Elizabeth Warren did nothing wrong. At all.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Why not? If her parents told her she was and she believed it enough to contribute to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago, what is the big deal?

Donald Trump received five military deferments and then got out of the draft with a foot ailment so minor he cannot remember which foot it was. Elizabeth Warren did absolutely nothing wrong.

So you decide what percentage matters. Trump says a guy born in America is not American yet his dad was here before Trump's mom. It's all relative. Elizabeth Warren did nothing wrong. At all.
Goody goody, I get to decide!

Evolution experts say we are all from africa. So I believe I'm .00004% african, therefore, I am. So now I'm a minority, and you/anyone else can't tell me otherwise. I make the rules/define what I am. Tomorrow I may feel like a woman, therefore, I am a woman and I can check that box.

Is this what is called liberal logic by the way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections