Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:49 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,517,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree with the bolded. I have never 'fallen for' a politician. I consider myself a pragmatic and I pick those who seem to be like-minded with some plans.

No dying devotion, no tattoos, etc. I have volunteered on some campaigns in my spare time but my life does not hinge on who is President.

The supreme court is a biggie to me though.
I unstand you position on the Supreme Court. That fine. Again you have a positive reason to vote for Hillary. Go for it.

But here's where you guys are mistaken. It not about the devotion to Bernie. It to the ideas of the far left. Why do you think you're starting to see more talk about the Green Party? It because they hold The positions that leftist like. We are not trapped in the dogma of loyalty to party if it is mostly likely not going to serve our agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 07:58 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
But doesn't this just get to the point that people are not voting for someone, their voting against someone. Is this really a satisfactory situation? Me says no.
Voting against someone who you truly feel is dangerous to the country and/or the world is an absolutely valid reason. And this is the situation we face today. I suspect many Republicans will be doing this as well. I hope more known Republicans/Conservatives go public with their intentions. I applaud them for putting country before party.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:19 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,517,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Voting against someone who you truly feel is dangerous to the country and/or the world is an absolutely valid reason. And this is the situation we face today. I suspect many Republicans will be doing this as well. I hope more known Republicans/Conservatives go public with their intentions. I applaud them for putting country before party.
1. Republican are not voting for trump because of various reason. But The overall arching theme is he does share their values.

2. Voting out of fear is the worst reason to vote. It Can open up opportunities for more malevolent thing to happen.

3. Do you actually believe America will collapse in 4 years if trump actually wins. Really?

Tell me what is the path to our destruction?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:26 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,321,770 times
NBC had some commentary this morning that I agree with. This election is not really about Clinton versus Trump. The Obama endorsement, the Clinton controversies, Warren and twitter are all the sideshows. It is almost entirely a referendum on Trump.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
1. Republican are not voting for trump because of various reason. But The overall arching theme is he does share their values.

2. Voting out of fear is the worst reason to vote. It Can open up opportunities for more malevolent thing to happen.

3. Do you actually believe America will collapse in 4 years if trump actually wins. Really?

I think Trump can do an untold amount of damage in four years. He is a bigoted, supremely ignorant lout who knows absolutely nothing about geopolitics or how to govern. Electing Trump would be like electing Archie Bunker. Do you think Archie Bunker could have damaged the country if he were president? I do.

Wanting to prevent that damage from taking place is a valid reason to vote against him.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:01 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,881 times
Quote:
I think Trump can do an untold amount of damage in four years. He is a bigoted, supremely ignorant lout who knows absolutely nothing about geopolitics or how to govern. Electing Trump would be like electing Archie Bunker. Do you think Archie Bunker could have damaged the country if he were president? I do.

Wanting to prevent that damage from taking place is a valid reason to vote against him.
And us that would never vote for Hillary or Bernie say the same things. Wanting to prevent further irreversible damage to this country.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And us that would never vote for Hillary or Bernie say the same things. Wanting to prevent further irreversible damage to this country.
That's fine. You are free to vote for Archie Bunker then.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:45 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,881 times
Quote:
That's fine. You are free to vote for Archie Bunker then.
I know I am and I will happily, just like you are free to vote for an unethical criminal liar. Aint America grand?

Old 06-10-2016, 03:27 PM

3,904 posts, read 4,557,563 times
Quote:

I think if he really started going dictator or something, I would hope both parties will impeach his ar$e so fast his head will spin! Maybe he needs to be followed around with Secret Service guys who know how to apply a straight jacket.

Which of course makes his choice of VP interesting. And I've said it before, if he chooses Sarah Palin, then I'll know for sure he punked everyone for fun and/or he's a Clinton plant. I seriously wonder sometimes because he actually makes Hillary looks palatable. No offense to Hillary fans!

Old 06-10-2016, 03:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,789,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I think if he really started going dictator or something, I would hope both parties will impeach his ar$e so fast his head will spin! Maybe he needs to be followed around with Secret Service guys who know how to apply a straight jacket.

Which of course makes his choice of VP interesting. And I've said it before, if he chooses Sarah Palin, then I'll know for sure he punked everyone for fun and/or he's a Clinton plant. I seriously wonder sometimes because he actually makes Hillary looks palatable. No offense to Hillary fans!
Oh I get it, and I don't take offense.

But I'd like you to ponder this for a while - at some point, Trump had to choose which party to run in. He could certainly have plausibly tried for the D nomination.

I suspect he commissioned some private polling to see which party's voters would respond better to him.

He chose the Rs. And the Rs chose him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections