Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,772,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Boo hoo... Go find a gay bar. Plenty around here so you can brag some more about your gay marriage vote which nobody gives a #Â¥%& about.
So it was you that did the rep with the attack. I'm straight, married and live in a blue state, where I belong. I have no need for guns, pits or the South. And yes, Washington state passed gay marriage by vote. Guess what, it's legal in this entire country now because the Supreme Court said so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
... and when Washington goes red one day does that mean you'll move? LOL

I'm fully aware gay marriage is legal... we also have a gay mayor who was voted in because he was...

gay?

Your voting for Hillary because she's a woman too right? I love the Democratic way of thinking.

Oh... I wasn't trying to be original with the OP. I didn't claim it as my own. I posted it because I thought it was a great humorous attack on the corrupt politician currently running for POTUS.

Thanks for pointing out my unoriginality though Captain Obvious.
I've been in Washington for over two decades, working in the industry that grows the Seattle economy. i didn't come here then complain about a state that was blue long before I got here. I came because it suited me perfectly.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Good for you.

I work in Seattle too.

I didn't come here to complain about the state being blue either. Here's a newsflash for you though... states don't stay a color forever. 100 votes were all that kept a Republican out of the governor's mansion in 2004.

So get off your Democratic high horse... and find another thread to boast about how great it is to be a Democrat voting for corruption like Killary.
You mean twelve years ago? No Republican governor since 1981. There's always Georgia, the home of pits and guns.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:58 PM

759 posts, read 641,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You mean twelve years ago? No Republican governor since 1981. There's always Georgia, the home of pits and guns.
That would be 2004 according to my napkin math. Not sure what point you are trying to make... unless you are saying that Washington is gonna stay blue forever?

... and I'm actually from Georgia... and you said you're happy in a blue state and didn't need a gun? Yeah... just wait for the first time you are carjacked or your home gets broken into and you might sing a different tune.

As I said in the other thread... I'm done feeding you. You are a decent troll... but not enough to really get a rise out of me. I'll give you a 4/10.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:23 PM

260 posts, read 325,871 times
Quote:
I assume GA is where you're from, originally?
Georgia might have the "red-state" mentality in its rural/exurban pockets, but in many ways, the Atlanta metro and (to a lesser extent) Savannah are every bit as progressive (if not more so) as northeastern/midwestern cities of its size, and this includes cities like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc. People need to get past that "Mason-Dixon" barrier mindset. I am a left-leaning libertarian and I feel welcome everywhere, however, states like VT & WA ideologically represent my politics more than an uber-conservative red state like Kansas, Utah or Mississippi (WA DOES have relatively lax gun-ownership laws, the last I've heard)...
As far as Hillary goes, I dislike her for a string of valid reasons that have little to do with political philosophy. Elizabeth Warren seemed fairly ethical for a politician last I checked, but then again, I haven't dug up enough dirt on her... just yet.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
I assume GA is where you're from, originally?
Georgia might have the "red-state" mentality in its rural/exurban pockets, but in many ways, the Atlanta metro and (to a lesser extent) Savannah are every bit as progressive (if not more so) as northeastern/midwestern cities of its size, and this includes cities like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc. People need to get past that "Mason-Dixon" barrier mindset. I am a left-leaning libertarian and I feel welcome everywhere, however, states like VT & WA ideologically represent my politics more than an uber-conservative red state like Kansas, Utah or Mississippi (WA DOES have relatively lax gun-ownership laws, the last I've heard)...
As far as Hillary goes, I dislike her for a string of valid reasons that have little to do with political philosophy. Elizabeth Warren seemed fairly ethical for a politician last I checked, but then again, I haven't dug up enough dirt on her... just yet.
No, I've never lived in Georgia, the poster I was replying to did. I'm a Democrat living in the beautiful blue state of Washington and would never live in the South. I've had to go to nearly every state for work meetings but would not live there. We came to Washington over twenty years ago because of the beauty and because it suited us politically. It's like a haven.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:39 PM

26,098 posts, read 22,294,693 times
Quote:
No, I've never lived in Georgia, the poster I was replying to did. I'm a Democrat living in the beautiful blue state of Washington and would never live in the South. I've had to go to nearly every state for work meetings but would not live there. We came to Washington over twenty years ago because of the beauty and because it suited us politically. It's like a haven.
Good for you! I think it is sad though when someone takes and attacks a whole area of our country because they have a chip on their shoulder, not to mention the whole vote for a woman because you are a woman thing. I get the feeling that WA must be very anti-woman with the feelings that you express, it just seems like maybe you are living in a place that is lost in the 50s when women were oppressed. The rest of the US isn't like that. MOVE!

OK, if Trump says that all men should vote for him because he is a man and that they betray not only themselves but their sons if they vote for Hillary, is that OK? And, hint, it has to be based on your "woman thing", it has to do with "equality".

I do not remember Obama, for whom I have no use, even stooping to the level of telling blacks that they would betray their race and their children by not voting for him.

I have lived all over the US. I love every part of our country and hope to see more of it. There are, however, some people with attitudes that I find deplorable, but I certainly wouldn't condemn every person in the state or area of the country based on that. That kind of elitism?

Old 06-10-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Good for you! I think it is sad though when someone takes and attacks a whole area of our country because they have a chip on their shoulder, not to mention the whole vote for a woman because you are a woman thing. I get the feeling that WA must be very anti-woman with the feelings that you express, it just seems like maybe you are living in a place that is lost in the 50s when women were oppressed. The rest of the US isn't like that. MOVE!

OK, if Trump says that all men should vote for him because he is a man and that they betray not only themselves but their sons if they vote for Hillary, is that OK? And, hint, it has to be based on your "woman thing", it has to do with "equality".

I do not remember Obama, for whom I have no use, even stooping to the level of telling blacks that they would betray their race and their children by not voting for him.

I have lived all over the US. I love every part of our country and hope to see more of it. There are, however, some people with attitudes that I find deplorable, but I certainly wouldn't condemn every person in the state or area of the country based on that. That kind of elitism?
I have the right to dislike the South. No one is asking you to come to Washington and why would I move from such a beautiful place? I love where I live.

You think a woman needs to act like a man to be president and that's on you. We've had 227 years of men in office and 44 male presidents. Yes, I look forward to electing a woman and Hillary is certainly more qualified than Trump. You attacked Elizabeth Warren over the most feeble of excuses and overlook a huge list of things Trump has done. Yes, I think there are women that just hate other women and I think many of them post on CD. Perhaps they think if they hate other women, men will like them more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections