Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this will be the dirtiest election you've witnessed?
Yes 34 77.27%
No 1 2.27%
Too soon to tell 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 11:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times

Advertisements

Before today I might have said no. But after witnessing all of the glee on this board from Trump supporters because they see the tragedy in Orlando as a plus for their candidate, I might change that assessment. I think having Trump in this race is going to make it more ugly than anything we have seen to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 12:46 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
1968:
Nixon
Humphrey
Wallace
Chew on those names for awhile, then add in the VP picks: Spiro Agnew, Muskie, Curtis LeMay. Yes, THAT Spiro Agnew and THAT Curtis LeMay. Geez.

And Kennedy/Nixon in 1960. The Pope & Catholicism, Checkers the dog, Pat's fur/cloth coat. I was 12 y.o. and I hated going to school some days because of all their rants.
My English teacher would go off about how FDR had destroyed the world, and now we were doomed by Kennedy and communism. My social studies teacher would wring his hands and then say "I just can't imagine a president who would let the Pope dictate all his decisions". It was rough.

Also I remember my parents, aunts&uncles, and grandparents reminiscing about Truman/Dewey/StromThurmand in 1948. That was brutal. All of them were devoted to Truman but completely convinced that Strom would help throw the election to Dewey.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 06-13-2016 at 12:54 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 05:30 AM

11,817 posts, read 5,811,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There are times when I think those two things have been our downfall.

I don't care what kind of article you click on - the comment section is just atrocious.

And 24/7 news - don't even get me started on the contortions they go through to make news 'interesting' for that length of time.

For once we agree!

Old 06-13-2016, 06:23 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Trump/Trump supporters are trying to upset the apple cart of corrupt politics, Sanders was trying to do this also and you see all the crap he got too from Hillary's campaign.

They, the corrupt, are not going to make it very hard since they do not want to give up the power and agenda, "One World Government" that they have been working to attain for some time now.

The "dirtiest" will come from the Clinton campaign by will also be backed on the GOP side in the name of the "Bush Clinton Dynasty".

Old 06-13-2016, 09:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW!

IMHO the 2000 election was bad, anybody remember the "hanging chads"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2000
I remember hanging chads! I think even Bill Clinton was begging Al Gore to concede during that entire fiasco. Something about Floriduh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump/Trump supporters are trying to upset the apple cart of corrupt politics, Sanders was trying to do this also and you see all the crap he got too from Hillary's campaign.

They, the corrupt, are not going to make it very hard since they do not want to give up the power and agenda, "One World Government" that they have been working to attain for some time now.

The "dirtiest" will come from the Clinton campaign by will also be backed on the GOP side in the name of the "Bush Clinton Dynasty".
Hahahahahaha! Thanks for that laugh. Trump is the epitome of corruption with his business deals; his fake and fradulent university and his payments to public officials.

NOW - he'll be the puppet of the RNC as he tries to raise all that corrupt money in politics.

The 'dirtiest' has come from Trump thus far - in every aspect - and I've no doubt it will continue.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:23 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,632,612 times
Will it be the dirtiest in memory? I hope so. Finally honest words from despicable Oligarchs and their Puppets. Let's hear everything you have to say about each other. I believe it all.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Before today I might have said no. But after witnessing all of the glee on this board from Trump supporters because they see the tragedy in Orlando as a plus for their candidate, I might change that assessment. I think having Trump in this race is going to make it more ugly than anything we have seen to date.
Right? It's disgusting. It's like Trump prays for tragedy to up his polls. Remember how quickly he tweeted out the self-congratulatory comment about the plane crash, knowing zero about it? Nothing like a crude opportunist to complete the picture of an ugly American.

He's truly a disgraceful person. He couldn't have cared less about the victims of the shooting or their families--only how he could use the situation to his advantage. Just as he has always operated.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:33 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,632,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Right? It's disgusting. It's like Trump prays for tragedy to up his polls. Remember how quickly he tweeted out the self-congratulatory comment about the plane crash, knowing zero about it? Nothing like a crude opportunist to complete the picture of an ugly American.

He's truly a disgraceful person. He couldn't have cared less about the victims of the shooting or their families--only how he could use the situation to his advantage. Just as he has always operated.
They both thrive on tragedy and wars. Hundreds of thousands of in the Middle East have died and millions have become refugees because of the Clinton-Obama wars.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Thumbs up Will this election be the dirtiest one you've ever witnessed?

Dirtiest? Probably

Most entertaining? Definitely!

Old 06-13-2016, 11:09 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Too soon to tell.

Will there be 'swift boats'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections