Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 06:42 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,063,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Does the recent terrorist attack in Orlando make you want to vote for Trump more ?

i know it solidifies my choice for the next presidential election .
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 06:46 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Neither his wall nor ban on Muslim immigration would have done anything to stop the Orlando attack so why should it affect my feelings about Trump? I think he has one major interest, himself, which would do nothing for the country.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Does the recent terrorist attack in Orlando make you want to vote for Trump more ?

Just ask yourself this question: What is it about the Democrat Party that attracted a terrorist (Mateen) to register Democrat in July 2006?

Old 06-13-2016, 06:52 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,388,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Slightly. More so just because I like to see attacks on political correctness than I actually feel trump will be better.

That is why he is already better without even being elected yet. He has done more for free speech than any politician in office. It used to be the right, and particularly the religious right, that wanted the government to control civil liberties for "moral principles". Now its left. They are a secular religion that puts Torquemada to shame. They even engage in sefl flagellation to appease their own guilt. Trump has also exposed the Republican party for their lack of democratic principles. He does share this accomplishment with Sanders in exposing the democrats.

He has already paid us dividends.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:53 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times
Quote:

Um....no.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:54 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Donald Trump's tax cut plan will add $12 trillion dollars to our national debt in the next 10 years.
Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports

Then Trumps tax cuts will add $24.5 trillion dollars to our national debt in the next 20 years.
Trump

And Trumps tax cuts will give the bottom 60% of American workers 13% of the tax cuts, and give the richest 20% of Americans 70% of the tax cuts.
Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports

To answer your question, "HELL NO."
Money isn't the answer. Strong leadership and strong law enforcement is the answer.

Based on that, you might want to change your answer.

The killer is a Muslim.

The killer is a Democrat.

This happened under a democrat president.

/end

Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,388,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Neither his wall nor ban on Muslim immigration would have done anything to stop the Orlando attack so why should it affect my feelings about Trump? I think he has one major interest, himself, which would do nothing for the country.

Yeah just the ones in the future since the pattern is apparent. The new immigrants are greatful enough. Their children however seem to regress and lash out. So it will only stop the next generation which I understand that you could not care less about them.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:56 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not just this attack - his proposals won't protect us from attack at all. People who are looking for complete safety from terrorists are deluding themselves. It's a world-wide phenomenon, and we are an obvious target for people who are angry about western political, cultural and economic domination.

We've done things in the world that are reprehensible, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about being what most americans are proud of being - the heaviest-weight on the block.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:00 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,657 times
Quote:

Trumps actions solidified my choice to vote for anyone but him.

While my dislike for Hillary is great, my dislike for Trump greater.

Hillary might get us involved in more wars, Trump will be the cause of more wars.

I've voted third party before, and may have to do it again.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Money isn't the answer. Strong leadership and strong law enforcement is the answer.

Based on that, you might want to change your answer.

The killer is a Muslim.

The killer is a Democrat.

This happened under a democrat president.

/end
Sorry, that's just dumb.

I'd be willing to bet that a substantial number of the victims and their families are also Democrats.

If american partisan politics come into play *at all* when islamist terrorists decide to make a move, the likelihood is that the terrorist opposes the current president and thinks s/he is teaching the president and the people who elected him some kind of lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections