Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,036,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sorry, that's just dumb.

I'd be willing to bet that a substantial number of the victims and their families are also Democrats.

If american partisan politics come into play *at all* when islamist terrorists decide to make a move, the likelihood is that the terrorist opposes the current president and thinks s/he is teaching the president and the people who elected him some kind of lesson.
Guess you missed the thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 07:42 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Neither his wall nor ban on Muslim immigration would have done anything to stop the Orlando attack so why should it affect my feelings about Trump? I think he has one major interest, himself, which would do nothing for the country.
Of course not, it's literally impossible for any POTUS to stop any and every attack on this country. They stopped the guy in California from doing the same thing, it could've been far worse.

But you literally are talking about some of the most simple-minded people who get scared at the sight of a fly. They think a couple of catchphrases, a wall and a ban are going to stop every one of these sociopaths, who were born here and became radicalized while citizens.

If this event changed your mind to vote for someone like Trump, then you probably shouldn't be voting at all.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:43 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Guess you missed the thread title.
Been posting in this thread for a while. No, I didn't miss the title. If you had actually read any of the previous posts, you'd know that.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,220,986 times
Quote:
Neither his wall nor ban on Muslim immigration would have done anything to stop the Orlando attack so why should it affect my feelings about Trump? I think he has one major interest, himself, which would do nothing for the country.
Seeing as Orlando already happened, guess I can't argue your logic. Totally disagree with you on him doing this for self-interest. He doesn't have to do this and he has more true concern and love for our country than any candidate in a while. A vote for Hillary is a vote for the death of America and I don't think that is an understatement.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:45 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,036,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Did you look up the voter rolls in florida? Didn't know they were online. Registering for a party in order to vote does not mean crapola.

In many states, in order to vote, you have to declare/register one party or another.
Doesn't make you a member of that party. Doesn't mean you vote that way in the general election or even care about the parties.
(Independents get left out of the primaries in many states, unless they declare one or the other)
It doesn't mean crap other then you wanted to vote in the election and that the parties use it to build their mailing lists.

Elsewhere in the country, hundreds of other people were shot on sunday. Do you care what religion the people that shot them are? Or what political party they might belong to?
No?

Did you look at what religion or political party Brock Turner belonged to?
No?

Do you bring up what religion former House Speaker Dennis Hastert is.
Did you say Christian serial rapist Dennis Hastert. No.

Terrorism is terrorism and murder is murder.
Doesn't matter what religion, political party or agenda you subscribe to.
Anti-gay, anti-jew, anti-christian, anti-muslim, anti-minority.
Your still a criminal, and only you should be treated as such.
Since you quote me with your blather, goodness...I don't think I've ever seen so much deflection in one place. Ridiculous, sickening, and totally off topic.

/FOCUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Been posting in this thread for a while. No, I didn't miss the title. If you had actually read any of the previous posts, you'd know that.
Like the above poster I quoted, multiple posts deflecting from the subject are just that. I'm happy for you that you think babble and spew equates to anything but babble and spew, but it isn't impressive or production.

/you lose

Old 06-13-2016, 07:48 AM

26,542 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No. Trump is still every bit the man that Romney said he is.
Romney's critique of Trump was reasonable.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:00 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,220,986 times
Quote:
If this event changed your mind to vote for someone like Trump, then you probably shouldn't be voting at all.
This should read: If this event didn't change your mind to vote for someone like Trump, they you shouldn't be voting at all.

Trump is not perfect - but he gets it.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:03 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
This should read: If this event didn't change your mind to vote for someone like Trump, they you shouldn't be voting at all.

What does he get? In my view, what he gets is how to use people's emotions to empower himself.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:08 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post

When tragedy strikes, we have three choices ...
We let it define us,
we let it destroy us, or
we let it strengthen us

Trump doesn't strengthen anything, he makes us weaker by dividing us even more. So you get to pick one of the other two.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:09 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
When "Takers" outvote the "Makers," everyone loses, no matter who wins the election.
Reading Trump's business history and bill stiffing history he is most certainly a 'Taker'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections