Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,931 times

Advertisements

Trump would just say things that would make us all feel good, but he wouldn't do anything of real substance. Anyone who thinks one person can pass some sweeping legislation that will magically end terrorism in the world is naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 12:13 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,635,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Trump would just say things that would make us all feel good, but he wouldn't do anything of real substance. Anyone who thinks one person can pass some sweeping legislation that will magically end terrorism in the world is naive.
I think the point is Trump is at least addressing it. What's Clinton's plan to address terrorism?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:19 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
I think the point is Trump is at least addressing it. What's Clinton's plan to address terrorism?
Trump isn't really addressing it. He's just talking a lot about it, because he's smart enough to know what U.S. citizens are prioritizing as their biggest fears.

I have yet to hear any substantial plans for legislation that make a lot of sense. Thing is, when Trump first made his wall comment way back in the beginning of the primaries, people IMO weren't listening. What I thought I heard was a man saying shut down the borders so we can figure out the internal mess we have on our hands, work to fix the system, then re-open the borders with a better system in play. Instead he was called a racist.

I still do not know who I am voting for, and probably won't until November. But to date, Trump "seems" to speak more to me than any other candidate. But I also know it could all be marketing smoke and mirros, and Trump may have no viable plan in thought that could work.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:20 PM

588 posts, read 1,319,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Haha. Californian, I majored in international relations with a focus on middle eastern studies and three semesters of arabic. I understand Islamic terrorism better than 95% of the population.
Such a waste of education if you can't dig beneath the surface in your logic. This country was built on immigrants and people moving from different countries.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:21 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
And that is the phenomenon behind Trumps rise...there is a segment of the right, and even some independents, who want an anti PC spokesman for president, and aren't as concerned with electing someone who can draft real policies that will have real long term effects. I've talked to many Trump supporters who say they don't think he will actually ban all Muslims, make Mexico pay for A wall, or start a trade war with China, but they just like that he is saying it. They want a spokesman, not a politician. It's that archaic need of the village people to be led by the loud strongman.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:21 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Yup. He brings an important discussion to the table. A discussion that the Democrats avoid and eventually pay the price for. This time with 50 or more lives.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:23 PM

643 posts, read 471,288 times
I was already voting for him, now I would jump over a pile of money to get to the voting booth and pull the lever for Trump. We need to stop all immigration of Muslims. I have said for years as the gay community glad handed the Muslims, that they will throw your ass of the first building when they get the change. Your trying to make friends with a pit viper. The song trump used as a metaphor the snake is exactly true. Muslims are pit vipers and Skankles and Obama want you to curtail your rights because they use your very freedoms against us. Quit crying lefties when you get bit by that snake you brought into our house. You left wing nuts will get us all killed.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:24 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times
Yep. I am now definitely voting for Trump.

If anymore attacks by Muslims happen here, then those who don't want Trump to win will be very upset come election night.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:25 PM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Apparently your IQ didn't get any higher! While Trump wants to go after actual terrorists, Hillary, Bernie, and barack want to take away guns from real Americans. Do you think that a gun law would have stopped the terrorist? Do DUI laws stop drunk drivers? We need to target terrorists here and overseas! The war on terror isnot over just because Obama says it is. The enemy (i.e. terrorist) is still at war with us.
Guamanians.....I'm curious. How do you define a "real American?"

Old 06-12-2016, 12:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,326 times
Absolutely.

Trump was right and this is more evidence of that. We need a strong leader now more than ever.

Obama has good intentions, but is weak. Hillary is completely corrupt through and through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections