Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:26 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,532,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I will agree on you about background checks but it wouldn't have made any difference with this guy. He had every right to carry a firearm, was a security guard and obtained every weapon legally. The problem is that he was under FBI investigation at one point and nothing more was done.
Obama brought this up in a speech 2 weeks ago. He said with the current laws, the US cannot stop someone from buying a weapon simply because they have visited ISIS web sites and agree with ISIS. Obama wanted to stop such people from purchasing weapons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0ced23ca879bb

“I just came from a meeting today in the situation room, in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens,” Obama said at the town hall, using another name for the Islamic State group. “And we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.”

“This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer, and if he wants to walk into a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as many weapons and ammunition as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that even though the FBI knows who he is,” the president said.

Last edited by sware2cod; 06-13-2016 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,523,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Obama brought this up in a speech 2 weeks ago. He said with the current laws, the US cannot stop someone from buying a weapon simply because they have visited ISIS web sites and agree with ISIS. Obama wanted to stop such people from purchasing weapons.

Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

“I just came from a meeting today in the situation room, in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens,” Obama said at the town hall, using another name for the Islamic State group. “And we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.”

“This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer, and if he wants to walk into a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as many weapons and ammunition as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that even though the FBI knows who he is,” the president said.
Guess Drudge Report missed that one. As did Faux News and Rushbo.....

Old 06-13-2016, 07:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,187,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

This guy Trump is a total dip****.
Reading that made my stomach turn.

He is such an opportunist and his supporters eat it all up.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:56 AM

112 posts, read 107,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

Yep, but Trump will still say that Obama has done nothing to try curtail these types of events. This is coming from an owner of a double stack AK-47.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:07 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,523,082 times
So Trump calls for President Obama to resign. Like his birther plow, how is this good or helpful to the country?

Another chapter being followed in Main Kamf, Trump's night time reading.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:07 AM

759 posts, read 639,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

This guy Trump is a total dip****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Reading that made my stomach turn.

He is such an opportunist and his supporters eat it all up.

Just like you Hillary fanboi anti-Trumps obviously didn't read the blue part.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:10 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,187,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Just like you Hillary fanboi anti-Trumps obviously didn't read the blue part.
I'm not voting for Hillary, either, so you fail.

I read the entire quote, and in such a situation, he has to humbly brag about being right. Not sorry you aren't capable of understand that.

Oh, by the way, "toughness" and "diligence" probably wouldn't have stopped this massacre.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:12 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Quote:
But you are an anti-Trump, are you not?

But no matter. What did Trump get wrong? He said there would be another attack like this.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 AM

759 posts, read 639,870 times
Quote:

I read the entire quote, and in such a situation, he has to humbly brag about being right. Not sorry you aren't capable of understand that.

Oh, by the way, "toughness" and "diligence" probably wouldn't have stopped this massacre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

But no matter. What did Trump get wrong? He said there would be another attack like this.
Of course he's an anti-Trump... that's why I said Hillary fanboi anti-Trump... it's either one or the other or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
OK, he was congratulated and told them not to congratulate him. What did you want him to do? Really, you guys are grasping at straws to find anything, anywhere to spew Trump hatred. The truth really doesn't matter to you as long as you can stretch lies and bend them to make it sound like you want it to. It doesn't make any difference though because most people aren't naive enough to believe someone like yourself that has a relentless hate Trump agenda.
This pretty much sums it up.

Quote:

I understand it... and ISIS is your boy Obummer's legacy. Deal with it. What could have stopped this massacre is the FBI doing their job back in 2012/2013 when they investigated this guy... but we know... that's Bush 43's fault too.

America doesn't need 4 more years of the same... but please continue to hump the leg of the Democratic agenda until November.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:22 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

and what would he have done to stop it?
Invent a time machine and ban the parents from coming to the US?
Said 'radical Islam' 3 times and spun around as apparently that solves everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections