Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:04 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,341,675 times

Advertisements

"Don't congratulate me, but let me make sure I pat myself on the back first." Totes leadership material!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 10:16 AM

12,105 posts, read 5,987,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
The don't have any. The just repeat the same moronic crap over and over again while ignoring facts.

Trumpette: "Build the wall!"

Rational Human: "The terrorist was a natural born American. A wall would not keep out someone who was already here."

Trumpette: "Close the borders!"

Rational Human: "The terrorist was a natural born American. Closing the borders would not keep out someone who was already here.

Trumpette: Obummer and Hillary want our guns! This is all their fault.

Rational Human: "Neither of these people were in the executive office when the illegitimate wars that antagonized radical Islam were started. Furthermore, no one wants your guns, we just think it would be great if those on the terror watch list weren't allowed to easily buy them, but Republicans in your own party have prevented that."

Trumpette: "Go Trump!"

You can see why this would be frustrating for the rational thinker, the don't have answers, just catch phrases and misplaced anger. The foolish will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
I find you far from a rational thinker but a selective one, who like the liberal news, spins things so they think they look intelligent.

Close the borders was said due to the problem of illegal immigrants. He never said it would stop terrorism but it certainly would be a start when the President and Hillary even refuse to call it what it is - terrorism by radical Islamists.

Obama and Hillary want our guns. There's truth in that and the fact liberals do not get that even with strict gun laws like we have in NY. We have a 25 percent increase in homicides that occur by gunfire in 2015 and that's in NYC alone.

Now when you post in the future - please do so with truthfulness and in context to what was actually said - Then I may take you seriously.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:22 AM

465 posts, read 258,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I find you far from a rational thinker but a selective one, who like the liberal news, spins things so they think they look intelligent.

Close the borders was said due to the problem of illegal immigrants. He never said it would stop terrorism but it certainly would be a start when the President and Hillary even refuse to call it what it is - terrorism by radical Islamists.

Obama and Hillary want our guns. There's truth in that and the fact liberals do not get that even with strict gun laws like we have in NY. We have a 25 percent increase in homicides that occur by gunfire in 2015 and that's in NYC alone.

Now when you post in the future - please do so with truthfulness and in context to what was actually said - Then I may take you seriously.

You've already flown over the nest. I have no desire to be take seriously by you....but thank you for reminding me why my vote is so important.

Funny, I wouldn't have been considered liberal in the past...I'm a vet, I favor most things fiscally conservative, and I've teetered in the middle for most of my voting life.... leave it to the Trumpettes to push me firmly into the opposition's corner.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,838 times
Quote:
You've already flown over the nest. I have no desire to be take seriously by you....but thank you for reminding me why my vote is so important.

Funny, I wouldn't have been considered liberal in the past...I'm a vet, I favor most things fiscally conservative, and I've teetered in the middle for most of my voting life.... leave it to the Trumpettes to push me firmly into the opposition's corner.
PP - Good measured response and I think it is people like you who will ultimately decide who wins in November, that are being slowly and surely turned off by Trump, his minions, and their less than desireable behavior, statements and radical positions.

Frankly, his most recent statements in the aftermath of Orlando, further proves he is too "small" for the biggest job on the planet.

I am clearly voting for Hillary, primarily because Trump leaves me no choice, and I can't imagine putting him in the WH with the lives and fortunes of my kids and grandkids at stake.

No way no how.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,205,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Neither do I.
Obviously you do, or you wouldn't be so jumpy and defensive and going straight to assumptions and childish names like "fanboi".

Quote:
I'm not a fan of either candidate but Trump is by far the lesser of the 2 evils.

I'll take Trump over corruption any day. This country needs change... not 4 more years of Obama Lite.
Yeah, I'll pass on both. The lesser of an evil is still evil.

Quote:
Of course Trump will make it better. We can't get any worse... unless Killary is elected.

23 mass shootings on Obama's watch... and it's still the gun's fault.
Mass shootings are going to occur under any and every POTUS. I hate it, but you can't stop every attack.

But enlighten me, I have some time to kill before I start on my next project. Please tell me how Trump would've prevented this massacre (which btw, Obama "called", too) and how he's going to prevent individual/radical sociopaths who are American citizens from causing harm?

Quote:
Oh... I'm not a Democrat either. I am curious though... does this mean you are voting Independent or waiting till 2020?
I'm going to write my dog's name down before I vote for Trump or Clinton. My options are limited, but I'll go third party, only if the options better than the two so far.

He's an opportunist, and he struck while the iron was hot. He's continuing to prey (don't like the word usage, but it's the truth) upon those who are scared and/or wanting to blame someone, and probably getting more votes out of it. It is what it is.

That last thing I thought about when I heard about the shooting was how political points can be scored out of it. But hey, that's how he rolls.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:54 AM

4,550 posts, read 4,094,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am clearly voting for Hillary, primarily because Trump leaves me no choice, and I can't imagine putting him in the WH with the lives and fortunes of my kids and grandkids at stake.

No way no how.
Ironic considering it's Obama / Hillary / The Establishment's agenda to bring in and perpetuate this kind of terrorism.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The don't have any. The just repeat the same moronic crap over and over again while ignoring facts.

Trumpette: "Build the wall!"

Rational Human: "The terrorist was a natural born American. A wall would not keep out someone who was already here."

Trumpette: "Close the borders!"

Rational Human: "The terrorist was a natural born American. Closing the borders would not keep out someone who was already here.

Trumpette: Obummer and Hillary want our guns! This is all their fault.

Rational Human: "Neither of these people were in the executive office when the illegitimate wars that antagonized radical Islam were started. Furthermore, no one wants your guns, we just think it would be great if those on the terror watch list weren't allowed to easily buy them, but Republicans in your own party have prevented that."

Trumpette: "Go Trump!"

You can see why this would be frustrating for the rational thinker, the don't have answers, just catch phrases and misplaced anger. The foolish will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Posts like this should be stickied for emphasis.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Ironic considering it's Obama / Hillary / The Establishment's agenda to bring in and perpetuate this kind of terrorism.
What part of "natural born American" are you not understanding?

Also, whose quote is this?

Quote:
“I just came from a meeting today in the situation room, in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens, and we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.”

“This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer, and if he wants to walk into a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as many weapons and ammunition as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that even though the FBI knows who he is.”
Hint: It wasn't Trump.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:01 AM

759 posts, read 643,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Obviously you do, or you wouldn't be so jumpy and defensive and going straight to assumptions and childish names like "fanboi".

Mass shootings are going to occur under any and every POTUS. I hate it, but you can't stop every attack.

But enlighten me, I have some time to kill before I start on my next project. Please tell me how Trump would've prevented this massacre (which btw, Obama "called", too) and how he's going to prevent individual/radical sociopaths who are American citizens from causing harm?

He's an opportunist, and he struck while the iron was hot. He's continuing to prey (don't like the word usage, but it's the truth) upon those who are scared and/or wanting to blame someone, and probably getting more votes out of it. It is what it is.
Actually I'm not jumpy and defensive. In the end I'm not going to lose sleep over whoever is elected... both candidates have the highest unfavorable ratings of any candidates in history.

Not saying Trump would have prevented it but I would like to know how the FBI can investigate this guy over a 2 year period but yet nothing was done.

Trump may be an opportunist... but he's going to destroy Killary in the debates anyway. That's when the tide will really turn in his direction.

BTW... gonna rep you. I liked your post.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Actually I'm not jumpy and defensive. In the end I'm not going to lose sleep over whoever is elected... both candidates have the highest unfavorable ratings of any candidates in history.

Not saying Trump would have prevented it but I would like to know how the FBI can investigate this guy over a 2 year period but yet nothing was done.

Trump may be an opportunist... but he's going to destroy Killary in the debates anyway. That's when the tide will really turn in his direction.

BTW... gonna rep you. I liked your post.
FWIW, if Hillary or any other candidate tweeted the same thing, I would've been just as bothered by it. I just don't think it was the time or place to score political points. Although, there really isn't anything Hillary can do to make me vote for her, either.

I think we're on the same page at the end of the day, as I won't lose any sleep either over who is the next POTUS. I, like you, want answers and accountability for why people can predict these types of things and they still happen. However, I won't hold my breath on getting those answers. I think both R's and D's have good possible solutions, if they can meet in the middle somewhere and start from there.

I don't eat popcorn, so I'll have my kettle corn ready for those debates.

Disgusting attacks like what this POS did can make every tense and edgy. I apologize if I came off too strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections