Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times

Advertisements

I think Mr. Trump is the only candidate who addresses the issues people care about.

I agree with all the following,

Keep mortgage interest deduction; knock out carried interest. (Nov 2015)

Make economy dynamic; bring back jobs from China & Mexico. (Oct 2015)

Use increasing debt ceiling as bargaining chip. (Oct 2015)

Strong on debt limit; ask for a pound of flesh. (Oct 2015)

Grow the economy at 6% annually by ending inversions. (Oct 2015)

Cut defense budget, & entire EPA & Dept. of Education. (Oct 2015)

We owe $19T and we need a businessman to bring us back. (Sep 2015)

If debt reaches $24T, that's the point of no return. (Jun 2015)

We prospered after 9/11; we'll prosper after Great Recession. (Apr 2010)

2006: Warned about impending implosion of financial sector. (Apr 2010)

Prepare for upcoming crash, bigger than 1929. (Jul 2000)

Optimistic about future of Atlantic City. (Jul 1990)

Rent control only benefits a privileged minority. (Jul 1987)

One-time 14.25% tax on wealth, to erase national debt. (Nov 1999)

Predicts 35% boost to economy from eliminating national debt. (Nov 1999)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 09:01 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,074,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I like that he ripped off lower income old people. Something about a billionaire conning a fixed income senior out of an amount of money that crushes them but is a drop in his bucket makes me smile. I also like that he cheats workers out of their labor. I also have contempt for America so I think it deserves no better leadership than a clearly self interested, crass jerk who will do incalculable damage to the nation. Oh yeah, I also hate illegals and fear Muslims. Trump, Trump, Trump!
I wish that you would copy and paste your response into a file somewhere and then open it up and read it again in about 20 years. You seem to have so little self-awareness that you don't even understand right now how your response sounds to most calm, rational and caring people. You're either full of sh*t and just posting crap just for the hell of it, or I need to wish you much luck in your future.

RE: the question. I've said it before but I will say it again. I don't know what kind of president Trump will be, but I know EXACTLY what kind of president Clinton will be and she is a completely unacceptable choice. I know how she feels about the 2A, what type of justices she would nominate for the SC, what she feels about border security, illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and the intake of refugees, I know how she feels about BLM, the military and our law enforcement. I know her level of honesty and I know her ability to handle secure information.

Obama was just out of his league. A narccisstic (sp? too lazy to look it up) child who was pushed forward by agenda driven big money, a willing media, a liberal voting block who just wanted to vote in an AA and a conservative voting block who voted to alleviate white guilt. "Today is the day when the oceans cease to rise and the planet begins to heal". Really? REALLY???

But Clinton is in a league of her own. Tougher. Stronger. Internally darker by far. Deader inside by far that our current president, after a lifetime of deceit, lies, manipulation, ambition fulfilled and ambition unfulfilled, public humiliation, private humiliation. An internal compass that has no North and that just keeps endlessly spinning.

I will give Trump four years. I sincerely hope that he wins. What we're doing now is not working. And you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I look at all the hysteria coming from both sides of the aisle when it comes to Trump and I have to shake my head. Did Romney come out of the woodwork because he really loves this country and fears for its future with Trump as president? Does anyone believe that? Does anyone think that all the behind-the-scenes meetings and frantic late night calls by GOP establishment-worms is because they fear for the future of their nation with a Trump presidency? I sure as hell don't. They don't give one crap about the country. Not one. So why the panic? I look at the establishment, know that they are only in their positions to serve their own personal and financial interests, know that they are in a panic because Trump was the last man standing and he plans on shaking the tree in a big way, know that they are all lying, spineless, gutless morons, know that they REALLY don't want Trump, and it reinforces my notion that he is the right person for the times. If nothing else the GOP needs to stand down because Trump worked his ass off and earned the nomination of his party.

We can't keep doing what we've been doing. We're falling apart as a nation. Financially, socially, emotionally, security wise. Divided as much as I have ever seen in my life time. Trump SAYS all the right things. I'll take a leap of faith, cross my fingers and hope that this works out. Because I fear for this nation if Clinton becomes president. What would this nation look like under her four years from now? Would the nation be safer? More prosperous. More united? More proud of itself? No. I don't believe that it would.

Go Trump.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I'm not interested in debating (although it's possible a debate may happen). I'm mostly just curious why you support him and what actions you've taken to express that support. If there was another candidate the you supported earlier in the election process who they were and why you changed your support would be intersting to know, as well.

Thanks!
about the most, after a terrorist attack is who will be appointed to the supreme court. I do not know who he would nominate, I am not sure his darn list means a thing, but his appointment wouldn't be any worse then Hillary. She would go totally left and this could affect us for generations. Oh, I won't be alive in generations to come, o

Why do I support him? Well, to me the one thing I worry r if I am I won't have a clue, but my kids, grandkids and great grandkids will be affected.

Did I support someone before Trump? You darn well bet I did. I was 100% behind Rubio even though I knew he had some growing up to do. After that I was pulling for Kasich even though I thought he was a little to liberal for me.
I haven't really done much to show my support for him as I am not a huge fan, just know I must not cast a vote for Clinton. He may be an arrogant jerk, but I really don't put him in the same category as her.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:08 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,985,486 times
I do not support trump.
However, I can not, in good conscience, consider voting for hillary. Not now, not ever, no way!
I did not vote for obama, and I can not justify voting for one who will more than likely be a continuation of his administration.
Besides, I do not like her or her husband, nor do I care much for what she says and stands for.
So, I will more than likely vote for trump, as being potentially the lesser of two evils.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:12 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,653,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Did Romney come out of the woodwork because he really loves this country and fears for its future with Trump as president? Does anyone believe that? Does anyone think that all the behind-the-scenes meetings and frantic late night calls by GOP establishment-worms is because they fear for the future of their nation with a Trump presidency?
Yes, that's exactly what's going on. Even Dick Cheney has come out against Trump's proposed ban on Muslims. He has correctly stated it goes against everything we believe in and stand for as Americans.

And, Trump IS a con man. Did you even bother reading the documents about Trump U? Truly disgusting predatory stuff.

There's a difference of opinion and then there is catastrophic. Trump is the latter. The fact that so many Americans (still thank GOD a minority) think he's the solution to all of our problems signals that the apocalypse is nigh. He's going to lose and lose 'uge in 16 .. which is great ... but the fact that he duped so many with such blatant lies and inanities does not bode well.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:27 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what's going on. Even Dick Cheney has come out against Trump's proposed ban on Muslims. He has correctly stated it goes against everything we believe in and stand for as Americans.

And, Trump IS a con man. Did you even bother reading the documents about Trump U? Truly disgusting predatory stuff.

There's a difference of opinion and then there is catastrophic. Trump is the latter. The fact that so many Americans (still thank GOD a minority) think he's the solution to all of our problems signals that the apocalypse is nigh. He's going to lose and lose 'uge in 16 .. which is great ... but the fact that he duped so many with such blatant lies and inanities does not bode well.
Title of the thread "Why Do You Support Donald Trump for POTUS?"

Old 06-14-2016, 10:42 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,450,033 times
Immigration. I also liked Ted Cruz, however IMO Trump is a leader who can make it happen.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:02 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,759,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I wish that you would copy and paste your response into a file somewhere and then open it up and read it again in about 20 years. You seem to have so little self-awareness that you don't even understand right now how your response sounds to most calm, rational and caring people. You're either full of sh*t and just posting crap just for the hell of it, or I need to wish you much luck in your future.

RE: the question. I've said it before but I will say it again. I don't know what kind of president Trump will be, but I know EXACTLY what kind of president Clinton will be and she is a completely unacceptable choice. I know how she feels about the 2A, what type of justices she would nominate for the SC, what she feels about border security, illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and the intake of refugees, I know how she feels about BLM, the military and our law enforcement. I know her level of honesty and I know her ability to handle secure information.

Obama was just out of his league. A narccisstic (sp? too lazy to look it up) child who was pushed forward by agenda driven big money, a willing media, a liberal voting block who just wanted to vote in an AA and a conservative voting block who voted to alleviate white guilt. "Today is the day when the oceans cease to rise and the planet begins to heal". Really? REALLY???

But Clinton is in a league of her own. Tougher. Stronger. Internally darker by far. Deader inside by far that our current president, after a lifetime of deceit, lies, manipulation, ambition fulfilled and ambition unfulfilled, public humiliation, private humiliation. An internal compass that has no North and that just keeps endlessly spinning.

I will give Trump four years. I sincerely hope that he wins. What we're doing now is not working. And you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I look at all the hysteria coming from both sides of the aisle when it comes to Trump and I have to shake my head. Did Romney come out of the woodwork because he really loves this country and fears for its future with Trump as president? Does anyone believe that? Does anyone think that all the behind-the-scenes meetings and frantic late night calls by GOP establishment-worms is because they fear for the future of their nation with a Trump presidency? I sure as hell don't. They don't give one crap about the country. Not one. So why the panic? I look at the establishment, know that they are only in their positions to serve their own personal and financial interests, know that they are in a panic because Trump was the last man standing and he plans on shaking the tree in a big way, know that they are all lying, spineless, gutless morons, know that they REALLY don't want Trump, and it reinforces my notion that he is the right person for the times. If nothing else the GOP needs to stand down because Trump worked his ass off and earned the nomination of his party.

We can't keep doing what we've been doing. We're falling apart as a nation. Financially, socially, emotionally, security wise. Divided as much as I have ever seen in my life time. Trump SAYS all the right things. I'll take a leap of faith, cross my fingers and hope that this works out. Because I fear for this nation if Clinton becomes president. What would this nation look like under her four years from now? Would the nation be safer? More prosperous. More united? More proud of itself? No. I don't believe that it would.

Go Trump.
My sentiments too!

Old 06-14-2016, 11:12 AM

1,676 posts, read 946,435 times
I used to want Hillary. I used to be a Democrat. But the Democratic Party has made it clear that my life--a gay life, a Black life, a Jewish life, an American life--doesn't matter to them, except to keep voting them into power. The threat of radical Islam is endangering us now more than ever, and President Obama and Hillary Clinton are either too stupid to see it, or are just unwilling to admit that they've been wrong.

Donald Trump may not have the specifics and I don't agree with him on everything. However, he has demonstrated this whole time that he's willing to do what is necessary to eliminate the jihadist threat and tell the world some hard truths about globalization, Islam, and political correctness.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:18 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,325,550 times
Quote:
.. con ... catastrophic ... does not bode well.
You mean the repeal of Glass-Steagall?

You mean the housing finance debacle that gave the entire economy a heart attack from which it hasn't recovered?

You mean global trade deals implemented at break-neck speed that have displaced millions and millions of legal citizen workers?

You mean millions and millions of legal citizen workers no longer counted as part of the workforce?

You mean the more than 21% of the population on welfare and food stamps?

You mean some 20 million illegal aliens who steal legal identities, among other illegal acts?

You mean the 50% drop in new business formation on US soil?

You mean record national debt exceeding 100% of GDP?

You mean skyscrapers being bombed and razed by we don't know what?

You mean one, two, maybe three, four illegal wars?

You mean other types of illegal behavior among top officials who believe themselves above the law, who do deals with foreign dictators while all of the above is happening on US soil?

Is that the con and catastrophe that does not bode well that you are talking about?

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections