Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:52 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,938,811 times

Advertisements

I'm not interested in debating (although it's possible a debate may happen). I'm mostly just curious why you support him and what actions you've taken to express that support. If there was another candidate the you supported earlier in the election process who they were and why you changed your support would be intersting to know, as well.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 02:37 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,912,523 times
I look at it like this, you can either choose between getting shot or poisoned this year.... I choose poisoned ( Trump )

Old 06-14-2016, 02:51 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,051,170 times
I don't trust the Democrat Party, especially with the way they have handled the primary......and I still have faith in the rest of the government that there is something there to be able to curtail him........if only in sharks of lawsuit lawyers.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:08 AM

4,491 posts, read 3,940,279 times
Originally I liked Rubio, I never liked Lyin' Ted or Bush. I thought Rubio brought something new & fresh to the party, but he was too scripted and was unable to compete in this very different election cycle. Being in real estate, I have known about Trump and his accomplishments for decades. I know how tough you have to be to do what he's done. My biggest worry is the economy and the debt. I figure that a successful businessman might be the best choice to turn that around. After all, what's wrong with hiring a successful executive to run the EXECUTIVE branch ? I don't agree with Trump on everything, but I also understand that there are checks and balances to rein him in on some issues. However, he does set a strong, tough tone which has been lacking for a while.

As for Hillary, I firmly believe that she is so crooked that they will have to screw her into the ground when she dies. She has always been crooked. Whether it's the emails, Bengazi, the Clinton Foundation or taking millions from countries who kill gays and treat women like crap, she's only out for herself. Period. She looked straight into the eyes of the parents of our fallen heroes in Bengazi and lied through her teeth. I've learned not to expect much from a president lately, but that was just too much for me.

I, too, wish that a true statesman would rise from the crowd and lead us on a better path than the one we're on. Until that happens, though, it's an easy choice for me this time around.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:11 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,857,132 times
I am an Independent.

I can't vote for either of the Democrats.

I can't vote for a third party candidate, which might result in a D win.

Trump is a roll of weighted dice. He was never my favorite choice. He is smart enough to hire and listen to some smart people...maybe not always but most of the time.

If he wins I will not like some things he'll do...but I'll take my chances. No question.

Last edited by jimazee; 06-14-2016 at 03:53 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 03:16 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,542,837 times
Very compelling and intelligent arguments so far.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:18 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,847,794 times
The Democratic party which I belong too had gone so far left over the years - they no longer reflect my values. Obama has been a disgrace for our nation and Hillary just can't be trusted. I'll take a loud mouth, uncouth, and someone who speaks without thinking successful businessman over the other alternatives any day.

Is he arrogant - yes - is he doing it because of his arrogance - maybe - but the same can be said for Hillary - she has lived for the day she could become President - not to serve the people - but to serve her own interests and anyone who doesn't see that is wearing a blindfold.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:26 AM

24,447 posts, read 23,117,922 times
We had Obama the Manchurian Candidate with Hillary as his controlling Mother. Now we're going to have Trump, AKA President Stillson from "The Dead Zone".
A nut in The White House is still better than a traitor.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:32 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,542,837 times
With this arguments you people should hand out flyers in the street and convince the neutrals, i havent read so many well thought arguments since Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-14-2016, 04:07 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,663,793 times
I like that he ripped off lower income old people. Something about a billionaire conning a fixed income senior out of an amount of money that crushes them but is a drop in his bucket makes me smile. I also like that he cheats workers out of their labor. I also have contempt for America so I think it deserves no better leadership than a clearly self interested, crass jerk who will do incalculable damage to the nation. Oh yeah, I also hate illegals and fear Muslims. Trump, Trump, Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections